Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Got the new ending, it was very rough at the end there had nonstop pod drops on my base the last few days. Near the end there I only had a handful of pawns left, my lord and the one I was protecting were stuck in a bunker together I had a psychic harmonizer on my lord to help keep the other happy while everyone died outside. I was worried for a bit when my lord's wife died but I had a stash of emergency drugs on hand to help him through that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Can you implant a joywire in the stellarch?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was reading about armor values and how they are one of the best items that scale with quality. I didn't look at the numbers myself because I'm still in the crafting bionic arms and legs for everyone phase. But your pictures showed it pretty well.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Speaking of power armor, all three levels of power armor are reasonably useful. Heavier armor has larger move penalties and higher material costs. Recon, in particular, has no move penalty whatsoever.

However, for the helmets, only build the heaviest power helmets you can. Every power armor helmet uses only one advanced component, and there are no penalties for using heavier helmets.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Broken Cog posted:

Figured that was the "Cold Bog" or whatever that wet cold biome was.

Only mod I'm using is one that adds some variation to animal skins.

Cold Bog is the equivalent to the uh "Tropical Swamp" biome, where Boreal Forest is the equivalent to Tropical Jungle. Temperate Forest is the middle between them.

I guess I was thinking of flu/plague though based on Flesh Forge, and not malaria specifically.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah those swamp/bog areas have a higher incidence of diseases in general, while the drier biomes have a lower frequency, but the specific diseases are set for each biome (not always in a realistic way but there you have it)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do mechanoids wake on their own if you go too close? I got a cluster that was basically only turrets with a timed activator, so I figured I'd try to wall them in, but they woke up as soon as I started building around them.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
They wake up if you build to close. Just like thrumbos, trying to pen them in while sleeping.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Welp I started running out of insect meat for my runaway bear breeding program, time to start chopping up these tribals and feeding the bears.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Welp I started running out of insect meat for my runaway bear breeding program, time to start chopping up these tribals and feeding the bears.

you don't need to chop them, just give them access to the bodies.

I was happy to find another Animal Food Restriction mod because I get annoyed when the horses break into the Fine meal storage. Now they respectfully go back to their hay, nutrient paste, or simple meals.

If you're using the deep storage mod, the meat hooks are a great place to stack bodies for the animals. You can create a relatively small freezer, stock it with animal fodder, and check them now and again to see if something's gonna rot soon (and forbid the others).

This avoids the social malus on the butcher and the colony-wide mood hit from butchering humanlike.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

But then you'd miss out on their fine Corinthian leather

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tenzarin posted:

In terms of actual nutrition efficiency you're probably better off just having someone mass produce simple meals and giving the bears access to a freezer full of them.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Got a prisoner watch quest that came with 6 "champions", basically pawns with high melee stats, heavy armor and various decent melee weapons.
Now my entire map is free of mechanoid clusters, infestations, and some random predators. Definitely gonna try and set up some melee pawns for the future. Fun to play around with.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I love how deep minerals patches are no longer limited. I may be a few patches behind, I only played again cause of the dlc.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Anyone know what's going on here? As you can see in the top right I have a pretty decent supply of medicine, so that shouldn't be the issue. Do shelves not count as stockpiles?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I was thinking of going back to the mod that stuck a button on nutrient paste dispensers that allowed dispensing of 1 or 5 meals at an immediate cost of power, so you could actually have stacks of nutrient paste without the draft/forbid trick. Animals have no issue with paste.

You then have something that all animals can eat (rather than haygrass [maybe turned into kibble] for herbivores and something else for the carnivores), and with haygrass being a 8 day grow for 18 hay (or 0.9 nutrition worth) compared to corn being a 11.3 day grow for 22 (or 1.1 nutrition) that then turned into paste (0.9 nutrition for 0.3 worth of input) puts corn (or rice/potatoes/strawberries) far ahead of hay for feeding animals, if you feed them nutrient meals made out of it and you have larger animals eating it.

If I've done my rough math right, you need animals utilizing around 0.5 nutrition of the paste meal for corn usage to equal haygrass usage. However, the storage ability of haygrass remains a nice bonus and paste meals spoil fast, though I don't think there'd be huge issue waiting for the first animal starvation pop up to throw out a few stacks that your haulers bring over.

It also means you are growing something your colonists can eat should you need it.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone know what's going on here? As you can see in the top right I have a pretty decent supply of medicine, so that shouldn't be the issue. Do shelves not count as stockpiles?

Prisoners have lower medical item usage restrictions on default, check which one is allowed on the individual prisoner.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

HelloSailorSign posted:

Prisoners have lower medical item usage restrictions on default, check which one is allowed on the individual prisoner.

You're right, cheers!

Wasn't aware that restriction also applied for operations.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Are there any zone restrictions so no one can access the medicine? Does the prisoner have a restriction on what medicine is allowed?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Side note, shelves and boxes are very good because they hide the ugly stat on things like, uh, human corpses :kiddo:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone tried shoving prisoners/people you are supposed to protect into cryochambers for the duration?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I almost just wanna see how many it spawns.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tenzarin posted:

I almost just wanna see how many it spawns.

do it.

save and roleplay that countess baby

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They spawned in the throne room, the research lab, and the hospital.

Those rooms had no chance.

The first wave comes.

I pushed them back.

More come.

Even more come.

Then my game crashed.

The lost of the throne room is most likely too much to bear.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Man I just can't get behind that base layout. Infestations don't really bother me at all once I get some basics done although I don't think I've ever had more than about 40 hives worth before

e: Oh gosh.

Well my sympathies to any invaders from the Manosphere

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 10, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao got a quest to babysit a bunch of malaria-ridden, good combat stat refugees for a few weeks and decided to sit on the quest for a few days while I build them somewhere to sleep, and right before I went to trigger it I got a quest to draw the attention of some raiders and take on a few waves of them

s y n e r g y

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ahahaha this is hilarious

Were psychic ship parts gender-specific before? I don't think they were

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No not that I'm aware of, they were everyone on the map.

Running a monogender colony based around a crashed ship part that just screams at people constantly is a fun idea :v:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Psychic female/male has been a thing for a long time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

socialsecurity posted:

Psychic female/male has been a thing for a long time.

Yes, but not as ship parts. Ship parts, as far as I am aware, have hitherto affected everybody on the map, whereas the map condition ones are gendered.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Right, and the incident is aware of colonist gender and never, ever gives you one for the opposite gender if you have all boys/all girls. This is a new situation.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Using these new physic ships as a weapon for mono gendered colonies is a very interesting move.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Finished cobbling together a modpack for 1.1, started running my customary Randy Savage. Did the Deserter as soon as it popped for the extra colonist, figuring I'd mend relations with the Empire later and really how bad could pissing off the Empire be???

A season later my dirthole with 6 colonists, wooden walls, and a trap corridor for defenses gets hit by a siege consisting of 10 power armored pawns, 7 of which have shield belts and monoswords and the 3 ranged ones have charge lances and charge rifles. :gonk:

I try the ol' "bait them into charging through my trap corridor" trick, which works on about half of them - the rest go straight for my wooden wall and punch through it with trivial ease. My desperate militia, armed with some old bolt actions, SMGs, and carbines, has no loving chance of even hurting one of these dickheads. They start carving my defenders up like Christmas ham and only the fact that half of them died in the trap corridor causes the raid to break - they carry off my hi tech research bench and half of my weapons from my downed militia(because, you know, they need the weapons). Somehow, no one died, but I lost several limbs.

I'm living in terror of the Empire right now in a way that no raid faction has really made me fear before. Their average soldier is geared like an endgame player colonist and the raid builder will eagerly outnumber you with this caliber of troop. Low tech gunfire splashes off them like rain and they have the best weapons possible.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 10, 2020

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Sillybones posted:

Does it still work?

Yes its been updated.

Also today I learned the bloodlust trait also lets you wear human skin clothing for bonus mood.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Leal posted:

Using these new physic ships as a weapon for mono gendered colonies is a very interesting move.

A while back someone mentioned purchasing as many psychic foil helmets as they could and just leaving psychic ship parts on the map as their defense against raids.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes its been updated.

Also today I learned the bloodlust trait also lets you wear human skin clothing for bonus mood.

Twice the Lord I got for the final quest in the royal questline had bloodlust, made him very fancy royal human skin clothes was easy to keep him happy.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes its been updated.

Bloodlust is super powerful, it's one of the most beneficial traits in the game.
e: e.g. you can finish off a downed enemy or unfortunate pod crasher for a huge lasting mood buff

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes its been updated.

Thanks for that. It was news to me and it was my old mod.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Monuments are getting really really dumb at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I love how the throne room is considered a social space, so you often get people getting drunk by the harp or lighting up a blunt on the throne.