Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

CPA Hell posted:

I hope this person supports free mental healthcare, making employers allow for work/life balance and paying a reasonable wage.

Bootstraps, motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

snoo posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And work hard to create communism because capitalism kills hundreds of thousands each year

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
So it's making a bizarre argument against washing your hands? What?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hadlock posted:

It's not a tech company

chevron?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

snoo posted:

tbh that all seems like good advice.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol :d2a:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Admiral Ray posted:

i pretty much agree with everything on that board

please wash your hands regardless of coronavirus

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

snoo posted:

Is that the same whiteboard that had the poo poo about "every election year has a virus"

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
A real galaxy brain wrote on that flipboard.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

45000 without health insurance die each year jUsT HaVe hEaLtH iNsURanCe duhhhhh

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Dumbshit petty tyrant employers who understand dickall about health and safety are going to get people killed.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

snoo posted:

OK boomer

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's ONLY 20 people (so far) dying from something with little to prevent it, god

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

snoo posted:

it's ONLY 20 people (so far) dying from something with little to prevent it, god

it's not like the number of cases doubles every three days or something SHEESH

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lambert posted:

:justflu:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
The virus has only been in the US for like a week and only 20 have died and only a thousand infected and only a couple dozen college campuses closed and only a few public emergency declarations and *faaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrttttt* suck it up libs

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

washing your hands owns! but also people will cough on you and social distancing is incredibly necessary but gently caress me this is america and we still have to go to work and we can't cancel our mass gatherings and wealthy ppl keep bringing coronavirus back bc they just can't stop going on cruises!!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

mobby_6kl posted:

I've been meaning to read this book for a while and now the quarantines might actually give me the time to do it. Thanks, corona-chan!

Since I just googled it for no particular reason, it turns out there's now a tv mini-series, made last year by national geographic, for the non-readers: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4131818/

We had to read this for my high school micro class. Largely fun book, if not entirely accurate.

Bullfrog posted:

I've seen the mini series. I loved it. I watched it alongside my scientist friend and they loved it too

Like. Because it was funny, right? I thought it was really, really, really bad. Julianna Margulies chewing scenery left and right.

The Glumslinger posted:

lmao, if Genentech or Biomarin have a huge outbreak

Half of Massachusetts' new cases all stem from a biotech conference.

Lambert posted:

This is how it works all around the world. You don't want airlines hogging flight routes they don't use.

Yes, it's totally fine to have it as a matter of course, but I think it's ridiculous that in a crisis like this (which is not impossible to predict) we just have to pollute for literally no reason

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

OK KO Boomer

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

where are boomers getting all these white boards?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I find that people who post those dismissive memes tend to lose their resolve when you mention that you agree, and don't give a poo poo about spreading it as far and wide as you can, because it almost exclusively kills people over 60 who you consider to be less than human because of their nihilistic death cult tenancies

weird that

of course it's more complicated than that, especially if you know vulnerable younger people, but don't share that with the bad faith idiots, gently caress them

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I find that people who post those dismissive memes tend to lose their resolve when you mention that you agree, and don't give a poo poo about spreading it as far and wide as you can, because it almost exclusively kills people over 60 who you consider to be less than human because of their nihilistic death cult tenancies

weird that

of course it's more complicated than that, especially if you know vulnerable younger people, but don't share that with the bad faith idiots, gently caress them

quoting for future reference

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

weird that

"It will kill more of you than it will of us and I'm entirely down for that so let's hug it out, boomer"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the worst part is that I keep finding these shared by people YOUNGER THAN ME :cry:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Admiral Ray posted:

i pretty much agree with everything on that board

CottonWolf posted:

tbh that all seems like good advice.

Lambert posted:

that weird sensation in your brain is due to something known as a 'false equivalence' where there's the implication that [items grouped together in a list] are similar according to some unwritten assumptions.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

snoo posted:

quoting for future reference

I've spent my entire life hearing the equivalent of "I won't be alive when that stuff happens, so I don't care, I just don't want anything to change" from my esteemed elders, so forgive me if I lack much sympathy here, where suddenly I'm supposed to go out of my way to preserve their future when their entire identity both politically and ideologically is rooted in ensuring I have none at all

there's some good ones, and god knows I'm terrified at the thought of these insanely cool and excellent progressive warrior seniors catching it and dying, but the people I'm talking about would pump their fists at the thought of their peers I esteem dying, and they can comprehensively and totally gently caress off. I've got a lapsed EMT-B cert that I can probably parlay into a job bulldozing former residents of The Villages into mass graves and if the opportunity arises I will absolutely be driving cross country to do so

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
are dry erase boards a new facebook meme format or something?

is it like an alternative for people that don't know how to put text in an image

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1237544646475051016

Another casualty.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sharkie posted:

is it like an alternative for people that don't know how to put text in an image

It's a super sad appeal to authority.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sharkie posted:

it's hipster bar sidewalk chalkboard poo poo but for idiot Qanon boomers

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Attendee at a major journalism conference this past week in New Orleans has tested positive.

https://www.ire.org/archives/41054

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the Mardi Gras clusters starting to become symptomatic is gonna be wild

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

the Mardi Gras clusters starting to become symptomatic is gonna be wild

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Helith posted:

I have bad news for all the people who think warm weather will stop or slow the virus spreading.

Dr John in his daily update today talked about the results of some research done by Chinese epidemiologists and published in Practical Preventative Medicine.

They found that a bus passenger infected someone sitting 4.5 metres away, that the virus can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and that it can survive on surfaces for 2 to 3 days at temps of 37c 98f.

This is only one study so far so we'll see if this is correct and confirmed by other studies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZV9z0RVhy4

Temperature is not the sole reason influenza doesn't spread well in the summer.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkie posted:

hahaha I have a white board I should write and post some dumb poo poo on it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sedisp posted:

Good thing boomers don't spend lots of time in air conditioned places when it's more than 75f out lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sedisp posted:

If you're thinking "people spend more time outside" that's not going to help much if coronavirus spreads extremely effectively in enclosed, air conditioned spaces.

Edit: beaten

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

mystes posted:

If you're thinking "people spend more time outside" that's not going to help much if coronavirus spreads extremely effectively in enclosed, air conditioned spaces.

Vitamin D goes up right?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

mystes posted:

No it's "influenza droplets don't spread well in warm humid weather"

To be clear I have no idea if summer will slow the Boomer Massacre but it will probably slow vulnerable younger people from getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Venom Snake posted:

except she was 100% wrong about china falling apart? and was reinforcing dogshit racist myths?

kinda feel like you of all posters don't get to call people out for being 100% wrong