Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

when you see someone voting for joe

:wrong:

this is when i see someone voting for joe

no action but direct action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

gently caress joe biden

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
things you can do instead of voting for JOE

+ troll JOE supporters online
+ disrupt JOE events; yell, heckle, demand medicare-for-all
+ vote for a third-party candidate
+ don't vote at all

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I'm in a solid blue state so lol at the idea of giving Biden any help in the popularity contest numbers. gently caress anything that validates him as a choice

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

things you can do instead of voting for JOE

+ troll JOE supporters online
+ disrupt JOE events; yell, heckle, demand medicare-for-all
+ vote for a third-party candidate
+ don't vote at all

i'm writing in Bernie Sanders

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I'm here to not vote for Joe Biden that loving goober.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Bearjew posted:

hell, same

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
is there an official no joe cocktail slash some kind of cspam approved drink list or should i continue pounding tequila

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Bearjew posted:

:same:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I have long advocated for "vote blue no matter who." I have argued that one has a duty to choose between the lesser of two evils. Two words changed my mind: "Manufactured consent." Voting is more than an act of acceptance. It's a sacred, sincere expression of one's desires. A vote must not be outright coerced. A vote must not be the result of propaganda alone. For it to be so is to poison democracy and every noble aspiration of society.
I will not consent to Joe Biden. I refuse. Beyond his open contempt for almost everything I believe, the simple fact is that he is suffering from dementia, and the DNC's efforts to pretend otherwise are tantamount to gaslighting. As much as I may be ready to compromise my own moral convictions in the face of Armageddon, I will not cast a vote for someone who is factually incapable of performing the duties of the office they are seeking.
For what it's worth, I think I would prefer Biden to win, but only because I do not believe that Trump would accept the loss, and that what he does then will be far more interesting and enjoyable than hearing him gloat.
I take no pleasure in any of this.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hi I'd like to walk back my "I'd never vote for Biden" and replace it with "I will not vote for Biden and I also will not vote for whatever rear end in a top hat they replace Biden with at the convention when it becomes obvious that his dementia makes him unwinnable."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I have long advocated for "vote blue no matter who." I have argued that one has a duty to choose between the lesser of two evils. Two words changed my mind: "Manufactured consent." Voting is more than an act of acceptance. It's a sacred, sincere expression of one's desires. A vote must not be outright coerced. A vote must not be the result of propaganda alone. For it to be so is to poison democracy and every noble aspiration of society.
I will not consent to Joe Biden. I refuse. Beyond his open contempt for almost everything I believe, the simple fact is that he is suffering from dementia, and the DNC's efforts to pretend otherwise are tantamount to gaslighting. As much as I may be ready to compromise my own moral convictions in the face of Armageddon, I will not cast a vote for someone who is factually incapable of performing the duties of the office they are seeking.
For what it's worth, I think I would prefer Biden to win, but only because I do not believe that Trump would accept the loss, and that what he does then will be far more interesting and enjoyable than hearing him gloat.

Amen, comrade

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I wholeheartedly, emphatically do not believe a Biden presidency would mean a reversal or mitigation of any Trump or Bush era policies and therefore will not vote for him even in a desperate bid to choose a marginally less evil rich gently caress.

Edit: Not that he can even beat Trump. Trump is gonna choke slam him into a loving dumpster and then light it on fire.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

I will not vote for Joe Biden under any circumstances. Evidence to the contrary means that I have been replaced with a Reptiloid and the elections board must be notified along with the forces of XCOM.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The not-voting-for-Joe-Biden TOXX thread is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In the not-voting-for-Joe-Biden TOXX thread you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the not-voting-for-Joe-Biden TOXX thread motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

xrunner posted:

Hi I'd like to walk back my "I'd never vote for Biden" and replace it with "I will not vote for Biden and I also will not vote for whatever rear end in a top hat they replace Biden with at the convention when it becomes obvious that his dementia makes him unwinnable."

They are absolutely fine with Biden losing due to dementia. It adds another excuse as to why they lost to go along with "Russia" and "Bernie Bros."

Any excuse that avoids acknowledging that their lovely policies are what is causing them to lose is acceptable because it avoids an examination of those policies and the people pushing them.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

recalled two posts that i wish were not pertinent tonight

september

Breakfast All Day posted:

i sometimes worry the awful truth staring us in the face that everyone is ignoring, like trump in 2016, is that despite both the center and left pundits and us assuming he'll crumble the moment the first votes are cast, biden is going to be the dem nominee and get stomped worse than dole

august

the next time someone tries to shame you for not falling in line behind succdem candidates and positions, just remember Former Vice President Joe Biden who cant do a climate debate because his brain dont work good no more finally doing some hard campaigning work using his dead son to literally protect insurance companies' profits at the cost of millions of actual, real, lives of conscious human beings who will suffer and die due to lack or expense of healthcare

i will not be voting for joe biden. i do not want a gang tag. i want a society that cares about the suffering of people

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I am voting for Bernard Sanders and cannot be persuaded otherwise.

i will not be voting for joe biden. i do not want a gang tag. i want a society that cares about the suffering of people

Well I mean... technically it does care about the suffering of people. Just in the opposite way you'd hope.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Plastic Pal posted:

I am not voting for Joe Biden and I cannot be convinced otherwise.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Showing solidarity by refusing to ever support Joe Biden in any capacity.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SHM welcome, I did not expect this of you.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
where the gently caress is the stickied toxx for biden thread, want to harass a bunch of idiot libs to post in it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im gonna try to catch up on tags tomorrow if you notice anyone ive missed, lemme know

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Joe "Sniffs" Biden

Syenite has issued a correction as of 03:42 on Mar 11, 2020

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:hai:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Louisgod posted:

where the gently caress is the stickied toxx for biden thread, want to harass a bunch of idiot libs to post in it

Squizzle posted:

this is not a biden toxx thread. there will be no biden toxx thread. any attempt to create a biden toxx thread will be gassed. i will not upload or grant any biden gang-tag. if someone posts in cspam and has a biden gang-tag from somewhere, i will prob remove it from them.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

braver than the troops

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Squizzle posted:

im gonna try to catch up on tags tomorrow if you notice anyone ive missed, lemme know

please don't tag me

my current posting brand is very strong and i don't wish to have it updated

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Gringostar posted:

please don't tag me

my current posting brand is very strong and i don't wish to have it updated

gently caress

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

None can escape it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hosed up but appreciate the threat to destroy biden supporters

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

people are welcome to support biden in cspam, and biden likers would enjoy the same camaraderie and protection from harassment as anyone else

we just will not institutionalize or enable their biden support in any official way

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Feeble Joe Biden lame brain succ rear end poo poo policy haver

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Squizzle posted:

people are welcome to support biden in cspam, and biden likers would enjoy the same camaraderie and protection from harassment as anyone else

we just will not institutionalize or enable their biden support in any official way

100% right decision

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
easiest toxx ever, writing in coronavirus

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bearjew posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am voting for Bernie Sanders in November. If I have to write him in or not is up to the DNC

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bastard Tetris posted:

easiest toxx ever, writing in coronavirus

This is also acceptable

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I join squizzle in prohibiting Biden toxx/tags etc

however tonight I am not feeling quite as generous as the squizzle policy toward harboring Biden supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Bearjew posted:

I join squizzle in prohibiting Biden toxx/tags etc

however tonight I am not feeling quite as generous as the squizzle policy toward harboring Biden supporters

Compromise: they can post but not within 24 hours of Biden winning anything