Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

on the upside a lot of peole are gonna see him naked in the shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

oh his defense lawyer said that? well maybe he shouldn't have put himself in that position

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG0ykzh47q8

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgakov posted:

:peanut:

i still think of the pics of them loving with that shave brush or w/e

beaver hair shaving brush

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mr biden sir

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I still think about how harvy einstein would cum in potted plants near by and always wondered if some plant care taker worker had a big revelation about what that was in those plants after the story came out

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

oh his defense lawyer said that? well maybe he shouldn't have put himself in that position

no no no you don't understand this guy is rich he isn't some black or poor person

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

it's a Julie London kind of night

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

UFOTacoMan posted:

I still think about how harvy einstein would cum in potted plants near by and always wondered if some plant care taker worker had a big revelation about what that was in those plants after the story came out

that was Louis CK not Weinstein

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

that was Louis CK not Weinstein

it's what plants crave

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Weinstein had the most beautiful and most successful actresses in America to himself

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Five years? I think I can wait that long.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I feel like bernies heart just wasn’t in it this go around

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

UFOTacoMan posted:

that was Return to Zork

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

looking hard thank you

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tainen posted:

Elizabeth my friend, shat on him and called him a sexist

Joe my friend, yelled about Bernie bro’s and said he never did poo poo in office

lol Bernie

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

ohh good god drat

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

tacodaemon posted:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
aoc 2024

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Tainen posted:

Too edgy 4 me

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

our electorate is loving stupid as gently caress

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ex post facho posted:

:hmmyes:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:d2a:

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

the popes toes posted:

If Warren thought they were rude to her then....

i assume everybody's busy running around like a chicken with its dick cut off rn so i'm gonna break off some thoughts in here

i've heard it said before (and i agree to some extent) that artificial intelligence already exists, but it's not computers. it's corporations. after all, they sort of have a will of their own, don't they? primarily that "will" is just greed, with everything else existing in support of that greed. the employees are dumb tools that the larger entity, the corporation, uses to further its goals.

having a drive as simple and discrete as greed is actually what makes the whole thing work. the machine knows what it wants. it wants money. it wants number go up.without that, the machine would have no way to measure its progress ("fitness" in AI terms). it would act and grow randomly, or refuse to act at all.

go ahead and agree with all that, because that's not the real post. my friend, that's just the appetizer.

i think that concept - an organization itself being an autonomous intelligence - also applies to political parties. or at least to our two american political parties.

the goal would obviously be power instead of money. not quite as easy to quantify (how many senators is a president worth? or a supreme court justice?) but still roughly measurable by seats of power (mostly elected). if you can assign relative values to all those seats, you can build an AI capable of making decisions to further its fitness.

obviously trading seats for other seats isn't really how political parties compete - they compete for votes. so how do you win votes? well, if you feed this machine lots and LOTS of data about public opinion... it can tell you how to win votes. because it can tell you what people want to hear. and what people do NOT want to hear. it can find the wedge issues you should introduce. it can find the most advantageous anwers to your opponents' attacks, that actually pivot the issue toward your strength or your enemy's weakness.

of course, any machine would also need to know how to protect itself. it needs a survival instinct. it needs to be able to recognize potential threats - and act to get ahead of them before they grow into a real problem. mostly, it would handle this the way it does everything else - exploiting public opinion, introducing wedges, dividing up and swallowing its enemies' support.

:staredog::pipe: if i were the robo-democratic-party-machine, i would have run elizabeth warren's campaign exactly the way it went :staredog::pipe:

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

ex post facho posted:

yeah well that's kinda the point

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
fuckin a im high dude. did they count any votes yet?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

there's voting against your own interests, and then there's knowing what your best interests are and voting against them anyway

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
ah geez. ah boy.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
anyway. elizabeth warren is literally metal gear

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

there's voting against your own interests, and then there's knowing what your best interests are and voting against them anyway

This happened on Super Tuesday too

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
:yooge: You're the President of Jack poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gently caress Biden is going to get crushed lamo

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

i assume everybody's busy running around like a chicken with its dick cut off rn so i'm gonna break off some thoughts in here

i've heard it said before (and i agree to some extent) that artificial intelligence already exists, but it's not computers. it's corporations. after all, they sort of have a will of their own, don't they? primarily that "will" is just greed, with everything else existing in support of that greed. the employees are dumb tools that the larger entity, the corporation, uses to further its goals.

having a drive as simple and discrete as greed is actually what makes the whole thing work. the machine knows what it wants. it wants money. it wants number go up.without that, the machine would have no way to measure its progress ("fitness" in AI terms). it would act and grow randomly, or refuse to act at all.

go ahead and agree with all that, because that's not the real post. my friend, that's just the appetizer.

i think that concept - an organization itself being an autonomous intelligence - also applies to political parties. or at least to our two american political parties.

the goal would obviously be power instead of money. not quite as easy to quantify (how many senators is a president worth? or a supreme court justice?) but still roughly measurable by seats of power (mostly elected). if you can assign relative values to all those seats, you can build an AI capable of making decisions to further its fitness.

obviously trading seats for other seats isn't really how political parties compete - they compete for votes. so how do you win votes? well, if you feed this machine lots and LOTS of data about public opinion... it can tell you how to win votes. because it can tell you what people want to hear. and what people do NOT want to hear. it can find the wedge issues you should introduce. it can find the most advantageous anwers to your opponents' attacks, that actually pivot the issue toward your strength or your enemy's weakness.

of course, any machine would also need to know how to protect itself. it needs a survival instinct. it needs to be able to recognize potential threats - and act to get ahead of them before they grow into a real problem. mostly, it would handle this the way it does everything else - exploiting public opinion, introducing wedges, dividing up and swallowing its enemies' support.

:staredog::pipe: if i were the robo-democratic-party-machine, i would have run elizabeth warren's campaign exactly the way it went :staredog::pipe:

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
see posting about star trek is way better than believing that we can meaningfully make change happen :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
they canceled E3!?