Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Idia posted:

I haven't seen any diving in NH. I'll be pretty bummed out if they don't have it.

yea sadly it looks like the museum doesn't have any diving stuff, that'd be a bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So the rumor is that swimming is not in the game currently, but there is a swimming animation if a player is put in the water "using debug tools".

This is from someone who claims to have a source in Nintendo, who correctly called that Mr. Resetti flies a helicopter before we had any evidence to suggest Resetti's role.

There's no special reason to trust this rumor beyond that, and it could obviously be nonsense leveraged off of a lucky guess, but if it's true it does suggest that swimming will be added in an expansion of some sort, which doesn't sound too implausible to me.

Personally, while I like the idea of swimming, I think the implementation was really annoying in New Leaf, so I'd be happy if they took their time and made it actually feel nice and fun to do.

There's a lot of opportunity for expanding this game in general. They've already established a fairly well recieved precedent with Welcome Amiibo, and holidays are confirmed to be patched in. I have no problem with this. If done well it could greatly expand the life of this game.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The NookPhone has Instagram filters, evidently. Digging the frame and LED dates, that brings back memories for sure.

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1237393878950359047

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

There's a weird patch on the island behind the cliffs. I wonder if they're not planning a DLC that opens up some sort of extra area that would include diving or something similar.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thank you I'm beautiful!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

If Kapp'n isn't in the game I imagine there will be an expansion to his island considering the theme of this game.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I wonder if the islander animals from the Gamecube game will make a return.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I can live without swimming, wasn't a huge fan of it in New Leaf (or any game really,) but it's an especially bizarre omission from "the one where you live on a deserted island"

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Eiba posted:

So the rumor is that swimming is not in the game currently, but there is a swimming animation if a player is put in the water "using debug tools".

This is from someone who claims to have a source in Nintendo, who correctly called that Mr. Resetti flies a helicopter before we had any evidence to suggest Resetti's role.

There's no special reason to trust this rumor beyond that, and it could obviously be nonsense leveraged off of a lucky guess, but if it's true it does suggest that swimming will be added in an expansion of some sort, which doesn't sound too implausible to me.

Personally, while I like the idea of swimming, I think the implementation was really annoying in New Leaf, so I'd be happy if they took their time and made it actually feel nice and fun to do.

There's a lot of opportunity for expanding this game in general. They've already established a fairly well recieved precedent with Welcome Amiibo, and holidays are confirmed to be patched in. I have no problem with this. If done well it could greatly expand the life of this game.

No swimming wouldn't be a dealbreaker but we are getting our own islands with rivers and lakes so I would hope they're more than just decor.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

There's a weird patch on the island behind the cliffs. I wonder if they're not planning a DLC that opens up some sort of extra area that would include diving or something similar.
You can get to that patch with just a ladder to climb down the cliff.

There are a number of odd little things present on every island map. The tiny northern beach, a grassy peninsula that juts out to sea, and a dock.

We've seen all of them in footage and there's nothing obviously special at any of those locations. They're just things every island has.

They could easily be locations of special features/future expansions though. Especially the dock. It's a place Kapp'n could reasonably show up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Prime opportunity to market the Gamelink Cable 2.0, bring Kapp'n back by hooking up your 3DS! Don't have a 3DS? Go buy one, they're technically still current too!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cockashocka posted:

I wonder if the islander animals from the Gamecube game will make a return.

Most had already been integrated back into the main villager pool by New Leaf and a few more joined up in Welcome Amiibo.

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/List_of_islanders

Very glad I still have my Raddle card.

It will help the island out much to have a medical professional making his home there.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Captain Hygiene posted:

Prime opportunity to market the Gamelink Cable 2.0, bring Kapp'n back by hooking up your 3DS! Don't have a 3DS? Go buy one, they're technically still current too!

*starts rummaging through the trunk in my apartment where all good things go to mummify*

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Yo, if I’m looking to sell and/or trade some of my Welcome Amiibo cards, should I make a SA Mart thread, or would that be in bad taste?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I could have sworn I saw something regarding getting extra nintendo coins if you buy the game on nintendo's store, but I can't see anything about it now. Did I imagine it?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Man, I'm looking forward to having the prettiest paths ever this time.

I can just build a park, wherever.

I'm just going to miss cheating for the unobtainable items (always the worst part).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237582918177837057

You can draw on the bulletin board. You know what this means.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I can't wait for people to draw hearts and smiley faces

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Infinitum posted:

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

if you don't mind, I'll take one.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
It's so beautiful *sniffs*. First gang tag in over 16 years! Thanks LITERALLY A BIRD and Infinitum!

Now New Horizons just needs to come out already...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nintendo: And here, you can draw nice things for other people :3:
*actual people use it*
Nintendo: :monocle:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Swapnote erotica was really fun to make. It was so sad that got shut down.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Nemo2342 posted:

Does it mean Nintendo delayed the game to finish off their dick-detecting algorithm?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Please and thank you good sir ;-*

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to hit anyone who draws dicks on my bulletin board with a net.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I'm hoping that if there is a report function for bulletin board drawings it involves telling Isabelle, followed by her and Resetti giving the offending player an unskippable talking too that gets longer with each offense.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Nemo2342 posted:

That Miiverse Lives.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Framboise posted:

What if we draw it without a net?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

There's a lot of opportunity for expanding this game in general. They've already established a fairly well received precedent with Welcome Amiibo, and holidays are confirmed to be patched in. I have no problem with this. If done well it could greatly expand the life of this game.

The annoying parts for me were having to wait until she had a dang wetsuit available, and that I had to equip it at all to swim! I'd rather be able to jump in in any ol clothes, but then you know, suffer a penalty like slightly slower or people are all "hey, why are you all wet? gross!"

Nemo2342 posted:

I definitely popped the Switch out a few times to make drawing a bit easier for Mario Maker 2 level reviews. People forking love getting doodles, always worth the time to doodle if anyone else will see it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

What if we draw it without a net?

I'm gonna surround my bulletin board with beehives.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I'm gonna assume the dock is there so you can get to this island you can see in the background (so I have to assume kapp'n will return.)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

They learned a lot from Peachette, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxb6yzOYF_Q

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Framboise posted:

I'm gonna surround my bulletin board with beehives.

I.........like this idea. :getin:

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Framboise posted:

Don't be a tease

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I will only accept the loss of swimming if I can ride a tube float and put a lazy river loop on my island.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

Hi, not sure if you have time, but I was on the original list but looks like I was missed :(
edit: saw some with later alphabetically done, but maybe not

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 11, 2020

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

PancakeTransmission posted:

Hi, not sure if you have time, but I was on the original list but looks like I was missed :(

Don't worry yet, he is going down the list in alphabetical order.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

How much do we know about how the naming of the island works?

Is it always "<name> Island" by default, or do you just have "<name>"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've reached the point where I'm rewatching trailers as if that will somehow make the game come out sooner.