Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Biden does have a platform, though, and it's awful. He's going to fix your healthcare by increasing your ACA subsidies but only if you're between 100-400% of the fpl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

As opposed to Biden's inability to turn out young/new voters which will be exposed in the fall.
We are all well aware of Biden's inadequacies, baggage, and inability to change at this point. These things are not mutually exclusive with Bernie's issues, and young people not turning up to loving vote.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Handsome Ralph posted:

:same:

Honest answer, down-ticket races still need plenty of support. And votes. Doesn't matter who the Dem nominee for president is, poo poo ain't getting done without the house and the senate. Dems are likely gonna hold the house and have a very realistic shot at taking the Senate as well.

I don't think anyone here had Biden as a first, or second or even third choice, but if you sit out in November because Bernie or whoever your candidate choice was isn't the Dem nominee...talk about cutting your nose to spite your face.

Democrats will not take the Senate with Biden as the face of the ticket. No way enough people are going to turn out to vote for him to actually flip the senate. Trump's voters will show up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

Democrats will not take the Senate with Biden as the face of the ticket. No way enough people are going to turn out to vote for him to actually flip the senate. Trump's voters will show up.

They clearly weren't going to for Sanders either. I guess it just wasn't going to happen and we should all Arzy for the next few months?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The first Biden-Trump debate is going to end 15 minutes in when Trump makes fun of Biden's dead son. Joe's mind is going to absolutely shatter, he'll break down in tears on stage, and that'll be it for the Democratic Party's efforts in the 2020 election.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Old Boot posted:

I still think - hope - VP is going to matter a lot for turnout.

The likely candidates for Biden's VP is either Kamala Harris or Amy Klobuchar.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't have much hope for the future.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

shame on an IGA posted:

Trump's dumbass "It's only 530 cases! Thousands die of the flu!" got me curious so I plugged the last few days numbers into a spreadsheet last night and extrapolated the growth rate.

This very naive model predicted 900 US cases today, 5,000 friday, and 1,000,000 on the 31st.

Based on the patterns so far outside of China it's doubling every 3-4 days or so - at that rate it'll be around ~100,000 confirmed cases in the US by the 31st with ~2,500-3,000 deaths

If there's no significant change it'll be a couple million by mid-April though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

The likely candidates for Biden's VP is either Kamala Harris or Amy Klobuchar.

It's gonna be either Harris or Abrams. Maybe Duckworth or Baldwin. There's no way he picks Klob.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Proud Christian Mom posted:

guys the Republican doesnt understand why people are upset

Are you ever gonna contribute something insightful, funny, or worthwhile? Or is it just poo poo posts for poo poo posts sake? Asking for a friend.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
EVERYONE STOP THE INFIGHTING

THE KEEBLER ELF JUST GOT SHANKED

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1237559005603442688

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

The logical extension of this is one of two things: absolutely always lie to single issue voters and then do what you want later (wise)

Always be beholden to single issue voters (dumb)

Unfortunately, the GOP is wiser on this than the Democratic Party and will lie about big things then do the opposite in practice.

That is not the logical extension. I would suggest the logical extension is to pick your battles. Shoving your finger in the face of a union worker on camera and spewing bullshit is probably not the path to the loving White House.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
RIPiss Keebler Elf.

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's gonna be either Harris or Abrams. Maybe Duckworth or Baldwin. There's no way he picks Klob.

I'll allow that maybe Biden's dumb enough to go with Klobuchar. About the only good thing to come of that is seeing her rip Pence a new one with the same zeal she went after Buttigieg, but I doubt that'll be the case.

Also:

https://twitter.com/nycgov/status/1237064102511443970

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Godholio posted:

That is not the logical extension. I would suggest the logical extension is to pick your battles. Shoving your finger in the face of a union worker on camera and spewing bullshit is probably not the path to the loving White House.

I think this has proven to be false.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

The first Biden-Trump debate is going to end 15 minutes in when Trump makes fun of Biden's dead son. Joe's mind is going to absolutely shatter, he'll break down in tears on stage, and that'll be it for the Democratic Party's efforts in the 2020 election.

how messed up are you that you think that that would be a winning move for Trump?

Old Boot posted:

If he was a Bloomberg dem, otoh, we'd have words.

You wouldn't have the chance because my spouse would brick me in my sleep.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh man I love Tammy duckworth. I don't know how the general population feels about her though.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Godholio posted:

Well, it's not how a Democrat gets to the white house at least.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Woofer posted:

I think this has proven to be false.

:lol: Fair enough.

When do we get to see Joe mock the disabled?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Klobuchar had a gaff that she quickly corrected on camera saying she joined the ticket a few days ago. It's unknown if it's true yet, obviously.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

EVERYONE STOP THE INFIGHTING

THE KEEBLER ELF JUST GOT SHANKED

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1237559005603442688
Sessions was one of the guys that most worried me when this whole mess started, and ended up being one of the least lovely members of the administration. If Jones can't hold the seat Racist Perjury Elf would at least make Donnie mad every day.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Godholio posted:

He's a living breathing mockery of the mentally disabled.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Godholio posted:

I mean he's a guy who struggles with a stutter every day of his life.... so at least that probably won't happen.

Hopefully.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Trump disrespected the families of dead service members, what the gently caress would cause him taking a shot at Joe's dead kid to be one too far? There's no loving line, his people don't care.

And a progressive movement coming through with DNC support? You mean the group that threatened to blackball firms for working with candidates that may primary their establishment seats? Ok.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

That is a ridiculous mischaracterization of what I posted.

It's basically the textbook definition of strawmanning, as you did not at all address my point and instead invented a point I never made and knocked it down. And even then, not sure you knocked it down because "eh, gently caress you," has been pretty effective from the right.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:rip: bernie

Hope Biden can get enough of the electoral votes to beat trump.

for more years

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I hope Biden punches Trump on stage and Trump runs off crying. Only way to beat a bully.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oh man, that would be awesome. What would they even do?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Real talk: How does one "pick their battle" with anti-choice voters to win their votes? Cause I'm pretty sure if they really are single issue, the only way to pick your battle is to say "gently caress em, don't need em," or it's to acquiesce, or it's to just lie to them and then ignore them after the fact. If it's some mushy-mouthed stuff about appealing to them otherwise, then they are by definition not single-issue voters and instead multi-issue voters who happen to be pro-life.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

On the bright side, the attempts to get peopled hyped for Biden over then next 8 months are going to be hilariously awful.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The secret service guys will rumble

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The secret service guys will rumble

Id donate a bunch for that

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Fister Roboto posted:

On the bright side, the attempts to get peopled hyped for Biden over then next 8 months are going to be hilariously awful.

"I'm just mild about Biden!"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

jesus christ i thought the balloon went up or something, stop it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Expect lots of jokes about biden his time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm just Biden my time.

EDIT: god loving dammit

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I bet they'll hire some internet memelords to try to turn his dementia ramblings into "haha that's so funny, we all love Uncle Joe :shobon:" type poo poo.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I bet they'll hire some internet memelords to try to turn his dementia ramblings into "haha that's so funny, we all love Uncle Joe :shobon:" type poo poo.

How would that be any different than social media for the last 6 months?(4years)

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 11, 2020

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Fister Roboto posted:

Is it dementia or stuttering? Because honestly, as someone with a stutter, I sympathize with him on that. Get me up in front of a crown and I start doing my Porky Pig impression.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BigDave posted:

Is it dementia or stuttering? Because honestly, as someone with a stutter, I sympathize with him on that. Get me up in front of a crown and I start doing my Porky Pig impression.

Biden's had a stutter all his life but he's also definitely going downhill mentally. Late Reagan style.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

BigDave posted:

I also have a stutter. I've been watching Biden the last few months, and his seems to be a lot like mine. I don't "porky pig", I get blocks and redirect my speech when I get stuck. Biden does the same thing as me, it's super apparent to me when does it, and they actually seem to be his more lucid moments. He's sundowning and it shouldn't be blamed on his stutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I've heard some rumors that Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin might end up being Biden's VP candidate. She doesn't seem bad at all when it comes to policy, and she voted against the Iraq war back then. And as a Wisconsin senator, she brings some serious name recognition to a potential swing state. At Biden's age, VPs are rather important, especially if Biden really is losing it. I'd be a lot happier with Biden if he had a good, progressive VP.