Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Wizard Master posted:

black pill for people here but Biden is going to win this election and it's not even going to be close

-pretty much every poll has him beating Trump by some margin, and coronovirus + impending oil crisis + impending bear market recession pretty much negates a lot of the benefits of being an incumbent

-there is no visceral dislike of Biden that will compel people to vote for Trump (at least nowhere near the same galaxy that there was for the Clinton family). in addition Trump has managed to piss off people who were previously indifferent to politics

-Biden is destroying, absolutely destroying Bernie's margins in the last 10-15 states, and he clearly has massive appeal from Dems across the entire country

-Biden gaffes and talks funny, but so does Trump. in the end people who hate Trump will hate how he performs, and people who hate Biden will hate how he performs. Debates aren't really going to change much from here unless Biden really fucks up

-his dementia has been overplayed for the most part. the media likes to play soundclips over but the truth is that Biden is not that far gone- the debates are gonna probably be behind closed doors which will help him a lot. he wll probably will do better than Hillary in the debates too- he doesn't have as obnoxious of a vocal tone and he talks in a way avg americans can appeal to

-most of his supporters will vote for Biden if the alternative is Trump. the ones who dont are mostly trans cuties living in congested cities that already swing blue with decreased voting power, their votes mean squat

-pretty much everything i've just said is supported by the 2018 midterms, which indicate that dems like Biden running on a moderate platform has a good shot of unseating Trump and the republicans

another black pill, for progressives here your movement is pretty much dead. Bernie is not going to run again and will probably die before Joe's next term. there is nobody else in america who can lead a progressive movement in 2024 as well as he can. AOC will probably be getting primaried, and the rest of the justice dems are unlikable as gently caress. short of DeBlasio having a permanent flashback to the 80s and running in 2024, there is no way that the US will ever reach this peak level of leftism for a long time.

bearjew do the needful tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

i need a sanity check

trump is bad but only insofar as a republican president is bad, yes? my perception of trump is that he's no worse than other rich rear end in a top hat conservatives and liberals, except trump is too incompetent to actually disguise his grift, so people get a lot more outraged at his existence.

or have I stared at succ for so long that i'm underplaying how bad a populist racist president is?

i'm trying to rationalize people supporting biden to beat trump and i'm crack pinging over here

Yeah I’ve come to this same conclusion recently. Trump’s really no worse than like 90% of congress; he’s just too lazy/dumb to attempt to disguise his contempt for the poor & minorities.

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

Why would they be worried? If anything, this primary proved there are far more olds voting and that the youth vote, even when it maxes out isn't enough to matter.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

black pill for people here but Biden is going to win this election and it's not even going to be close

-pretty much every poll has him beating Trump by some margin, and coronovirus + impending oil crisis + impending bear market recession pretty much negates a lot of the benefits of being an incumbent

-there is no visceral dislike of Biden that will compel people to vote for Trump (at least nowhere near the same galaxy that there was for the Clinton family). in addition Trump has managed to piss off people who were previously indifferent to politics

-Biden is destroying, absolutely destroying Bernie's margins in the last 10-15 states, and he clearly has massive appeal from Dems across the entire country

-Biden gaffes and talks funny, but so does Trump. in the end people who hate Trump will hate how he performs, and people who hate Biden will hate how he performs. Debates aren't really going to change much from here unless Biden really fucks up

-his dementia has been overplayed for the most part. the media likes to play soundclips over but the truth is that Biden is not that far gone- the debates are gonna probably be behind closed doors which will help him a lot. he wll probably will do better than Hillary in the debates too- he doesn't have as obnoxious of a vocal tone and he talks in a way avg americans can appeal to

-most of his supporters will vote for Biden if the alternative is Trump. the ones who dont are mostly trans cuties living in congested cities that already swing blue with decreased voting power, their votes mean squat

-pretty much everything i've just said is supported by the 2018 midterms, which indicate that dems like Biden running on a moderate platform has a good shot of unseating Trump and the republicans

another black pill, for progressives here your movement is pretty much dead. Bernie is not going to run again and will probably die before Joe's next term. there is nobody else in america who can lead a progressive movement in 2024 as well as he can. AOC will probably be getting primaried, and the rest of the justice dems are unlikable as gently caress. short of DeBlasio having a permanent flashback to the 80s and running in 2024, there is no way that the US will ever reach this peak level of leftism for a long time.

wow shut the gently caress up bitch

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

cohsae posted:

He hasn't started a war. And as an Australian let me assure you that even if the US had voted in a centrist there'd be just as many brown people in cages right now.

Yeah the only difference is if there was a centrist libs wouldn't care because it's our guy doing it. And GOP still wouldn't care because they like it for its own sake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thank you mods

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

All six states are currently having votes counted. At the moment per https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/2020/super_tuesday_2

Michigan: Losing by 14.6%, called
Missouri: Losing by 25.85%, called
Mississippi: Losing by 66.9%, called
Idaho: Losing by 9%
North Dakota: Winning by 13.46%
Washington: Winning by .1%

ur a sick gently caress

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Rock My Socks! posted:

Yeah I’ve come to this same conclusion recently. Trump’s really no worse than like 90% of congress; he’s just too lazy/dumb to attempt to disguise his contempt for the poor/minorities

as horrible as W was, he actually tried to not be a colossal dick to minorities

try to imagine a trump tweet telling everyone that most muslims aren't bad people after a massive terrorist attack, or even speaking spanish at a campaign rally

go on, really imagine it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

there is no way that the US will ever reach this peak level of leftism for a long time.

you have got to be making GBS threads me. yeah we might despair now but I sure as poo poo am not giving up the fight here.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

A real one

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

bearjew is not the ik we deserve

but he is sometimes the ik we need

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

2fat4sex posted:

Why would they be worried? If anything, this primary proved there are far more olds voting and that the youth vote, even when it maxes out isn't enough to matter.

the only people working joes campaign are gonna be geriatrics, and it'll be fun telling them to go gently caress themselves when they call you desperate for money :11tea:

Trump has 150 million dollar already from just primary wins only he celebrates

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

good they should be

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

The only strong point here is that we're in a bear market and have coronavirus but both of those will probably be resolved by November

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Gringostar posted:

try to imagine a trump tweet telling everyone that most muslims aren't bad people after a massive terrorist attack, or even speaking spanish at a campaign rally

go on, really imagine it

Ah yes, you know except for those iraqis.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/jaboukie/status/1237586021979545601

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

i wouldn't call 39 "young" but yeah, i'm not voting for that racist boomer over another racist boomer

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Gringostar posted:

go on, really imagine it

W killed more Muslims in one month than Trump has in three years.

I get it, he says mean poo poo, he's an rear end in a top hat, an idiot, and he riles up the worst kind of people... but a bit of perspective is needed.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wizard Master posted:

:downswords:

Counterpoint: :wrong:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Gringostar posted:

i wouldn't call 39 "young" but yeah, i'm not voting for that racist boomer over another racist boomer

compared to the geriatrics that control everything 39 is pretty loving young

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Presenting Nipples posted:

Ah yes, you know except for those iraqis.

i'm not saying W was good

i'm just saying that he wasn't eager to lock up every minority within proximity of the US

both obama and W probably killed an equal number of brown people tbqh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Gringostar posted:

go on, really imagine it

i place Iraq way up there on the "real bad gently caress ups by an american president" list and its gonna take a real serious list of offenses to dislodge W as the worst in modern history

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

honestly the poll numbers right now don’t look completely awful. they’re bad, but they could be a lot worse and bernie might actually win 2 states including washington. he might not be sunk yet. :shrug:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

w killed a million iraqis from a terrible war that exploded into a singular civil war, and obama killed another million people combined around the world from isis and terrorism generally exploding under his tenure

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

gently caress

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

https://twitter.com/GabeLight/status/1237542606805954560

hmmm what a surprise

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cicadas! posted:

I feel like I've gone back in time, and I hate it. 2016 is back. We are trapped in this 4-year stretch of time and we will die in it. It will always be 2016, those in power will keep repeating the same mistakes, and good people will continue to die for the same stupid reasons, over and over until finally the planet follows us.

I still hope, but now it is a black, smoldering hope. A hope that is fringed in ash and salt, fed by spite and anger.

It's obvious now that no one is coming to save us, and I want to give up, but giving up will only consign us to this awful future. Hold onto hope in whatever shape you can find it in and fight however you can, even if it's just for yourself and the ones you love.

Don't give up.

planet will get rid of humans before humans kill it HTH

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1237556215711850496?s=20

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how accurate is this 'young people didn't vote' thing? I thought the whole idea behind bernie was that young people were getting involved and helping out or donating...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

good

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Dont worry, Biden will address this by picking a slick youngster named Peter Buttiegeg that will bring out that youth vote!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
A viral bernieorbust campaign to scare dumbshit old voters into changing their vote

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i really want a longform piece on peter daou because it'd be fascinating

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

i place Iraq way up there on the "real bad gently caress ups by an american president" list and its gonna take a real serious list of offenses to dislodge W as the worst in modern history

i mean, if i was locked in a room with W, trump, and reagan with a gun and two bullets (in 1979) i would absolutely put 2 into reagan but i would have to think about it if it was just a room with trump and W with one bullet

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

:thunk:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

oxsnard posted:

A viral bernieorbust campaign to scare dumbshit old voters into changing their vote

They should already be scared because nobody under the age 45 is ever voting for a succdem ever again.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wizard Master posted:

Want me to callthe waaambulence 4 u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Montasque posted:

Dont worry, Biden will address this by picking a slick youngster named Peter Buttiegeg that will bring out that youth vote!

gently caress, you are probably right.