Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Feels like a short end of a wedge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

The Kins posted:

doesn't seem to be any shortage of ciggies at any of the local supermarkets or bottleshops. wonder how the folks with hundreds of rolls of poo poo tickets are gonna deal with going cold turkey when the Totally-Inevitable Quarantine hits and confines us all to our rooms

Many probably are secretly hoping that happens. Kind of like their hand was finally forced to give them up for good.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'd get a 100g tin but gently caress, didn't win the lotto last week.

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

ili posted:

I'd get a 100g tin but gently caress, didn't win the lotto last week.

Yeah, there'll be heaps of us smokin dunny paper mate

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Every TFNSW office and worksite has a please don't squat on the toilet instructional

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Kharnifex posted:

Every TFNSW office and worksite has a please don't squat on the toilet instructional

We put one on the toilet that the delivery drivers were using after one literally borderline diarrhoea sprayed and left the toilet with more than a few poo poo particles on it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Found a penis-shroom in my backyard

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

at work in the bathroom heard someone come in, a zip open, some rustling from under the sink where toilet paper is kept then a zip close and they left. 2020 is just something else entirely.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Sounds like someone sharted or needed to improvise a pad asap.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

naeka posted:

at work in the bathroom heard someone come in, a zip open, some rustling from under the sink where toilet paper is kept then a zip close and they left. 2020 is just something else entirely.

I had to use a couple of public toilets yesterday and I wash shocked that the toilet paper hadn't been stolen.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

This reminds me I forgot to update the thread. The old client that I walked in on washing his dick in the sink has passed on and is now washing his dick in the great sink in the sky.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I got some toilet paper today! Yay!

We were down to half a roll and cakestomping our turds down the drain was looking like a real possibility.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Turns out we had an extra 24 pack buried under some crap that was being stored "temporarily" in the laundry so now I don't need to worry about barging through frenzied toilet paper stockpilers when we run out of our current pack some time next month.

Also this is a thing now I guess

https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...14-33714eb28e11

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Should have gone with “brown capsicums” as the code word

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Hey.

So I went to see my weed dealer last week, just for a ¼ oz. I had to catch a train, and the railway station is well known for police and their drug sniffing dogs.

It was all cool (no filth or dogs), but it got me thinking.

Dogs have exceptional hearing, we (humans) cut out at like 20KHz. I bet they don't like 25KHz -> 35KHz.

So if I play a tone generator on my phone will the police sniffer dogs be less interested in me (and my drugs?).

"At sufficient volumes, frequencies above 25,000 Hz become irritating for dogs. The louder and higher those sounds are, the more uncomfortable for the dog they become. Dogs may whimper, whine and run away if confronted with a sufficiently loud and high-frequency sound."

Like don't get me wrong. I love dogs, but I love drugs more.

:350:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I’d reckon that would get you far more attention tbh. But you keep doing you.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I feel like if the dogs start whimpering and pulling their handlers away from one specific person on the train you might draw some attention of a different kind, and I bet loving with those dogs attracts similar penalties to loving with the police (neckstomped to death).

Got word through the grapevine my work is toying with making us work from home. Gonna be some chaos if so, let me tell you. I've got a small pack of tp aside but it's actually got me thinking about picking up some more.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lemme think what I like to ignore and not respond to

Really loud high pitched tones similar to the ones used to train my species that smells like hair and weed

Or

The guy who smells like hair and weed

Tough call

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Jestery posted:

Really loud high pitched tones similar to the ones used to train my species that smells like hair and weed

Or

Tough call

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Or

Tough call

What are you saying my dude?

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Jestery posted:

Or

Tough call

wait are you telling me they use dog whistles to train drug dogs? I would have thought they've use treats or something, I thought they'd be averse to the whistles.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Blow posted:

Do it. ACAB transcends species.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah they use whistles or at least farmers do/did

Reckon a doggo could smell weed hidden inside a baked cake?

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I heard a rumor today (sorry no source, was in a conversation) that Coles and Woolies are sitting on pellets of bog rolls in distribution centers but they are not shipping them out. Apparently photos and statements from employees are behind the claim. The reason offered up was that they prefer it like this as it keeps people going in to check and picking up some milk and a chocolate bar or whatever while they are there.

Probably just baseless rumor, but has anyone else heard of this?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it is a good conspiracy theory. IMO should be highly illegal but yah

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow posted:

You probably smell like hair and weed?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Severing posted:

I heard a rumor today (sorry no source, was in a conversation) that Coles and Woolies are sitting on pellets of bog rolls in distribution centers but they are not shipping them out. Apparently photos and statements from employees are behind the claim. The reason offered up was that they prefer it like this as it keeps people going in to check and picking up some milk and a chocolate bar or whatever while they are there.

Good business practice tbh - not a bad idea to get people in but really how much difference is it gonna make to their bottom line if like 30 people grab like $5 worth of stuff when they come to check? The Coles I worked at turned over $160-200k on an average weekday so what difference is an extra grand in the scheme of things? Idk

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Severing posted:

There have been pictures online of them having new stock. Both companies placed mammoth orders for large packets. They're going to want to move that stock so they don't get stuck with it when people return to their normal shopping habits.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Hand sanitizer / lubricant

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Hand sanitizer / lubricant

Hand/dick sanitiser.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

You probably smell like hair and weed?

The govt. needs to give all the dole bludgers like another $900. Like in the GFC.

Crisis averted.

politics. sry.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

From Wednesday, Woolworths won't pay refunds for consumers attempting to return excess purchases of toilet paper, pasta, canned food and other items.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

The govt. needs to give all the dole bludgers like another $900. Like in the GFC.

Crisis averted.

politics. sry.

I thought I heard something about that on the radio but idk what the outcome was

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Bludgers are gonna get a one-off govt payment to keep their dealers in business.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Severing posted:

I don't believe it myself. One of the key reasons for the tp wars is that the stores don't keep a backlog inventory because tp is high bulk and low profit. That's a problem that applies to warehouse space as much as it does shelf space, so they'd basically just be wasting real estate.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Blow posted:

Hey.

So I went to see my weed dealer last week, just for a ¼ oz. I had to catch a train, and the railway station is well known for police and their drug sniffing dogs.

It was all cool (no filth or dogs), but it got me thinking.

Dogs have exceptional hearing, we (humans) cut out at like 20KHz. I bet they don't like 25KHz -> 35KHz.

So if I play a tone generator on my phone will the police sniffer dogs be less interested in me (and my drugs?).

"At sufficient volumes, frequencies above 25,000 Hz become irritating for dogs. The louder and higher those sounds are, the more uncomfortable for the dog they become. Dogs may whimper, whine and run away if confronted with a sufficiently loud and high-frequency sound."

Like don't get me wrong. I love dogs, but I love drugs more.

:350:

The first time I bought weed in Australia, my buddy got me a hookup for an oz in the northern beaches, but I didn’t have a car so I just went out on the bus. The dude wrapped it in loving newspaper. Like, where I’m from you have some fuckin ziplock bags kicking around for this poo poo. I had to get the bus back to fuckin Wynyard just reeking of newspaper wrapped bud, terrified I’d meet a transit cop or a regular cop.

I brought a Tupperware the next time tho.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my dealer labels the bags and puts little heart stickers on them and stuff and puts a little extra nug with a thankyou note in it, she's also kinda a hot blonde lady in her 50s

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I don't have a dealer tbh

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Caesar Saladin posted:

my dealer labels the bags and puts little heart stickers on them and stuff and puts a little extra nug with a thankyou note in it, she's also kinda a hot blonde lady in her 50s

Thars really wholesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

Airstream Driver posted:

Bludgers are gonna get a one-off govt payment to keep their dealers in business.

The Lib's going hard for small business