Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

does painting your mattress with bodily fluids count as art?

asking for a friend

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Coronavirus. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to it"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Krankenstyle posted:

asking for a friend

Ask Pollock

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rascar Capac posted:

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Coronavirus. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to it"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

:same:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Looks like Buttigieg is taking the loss real hard

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rascar Capac posted:

I call bullshit. While a lot of boomers dying is always a good thing, it would also burst the housing bubble when hundreds of thousands of young people suddenly inherit a property that was bought for a song eighty years ago and has never touched a mortgage. Markets crash, stockbrokers panic, pension funds go bust but also only have to pay out to three people. Loads of economic effects.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rascar Capac posted:

"this is a piece about economics, not the sum of human misery"
who's gonna tell him :ohdear:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

fuel is stored in the jizz

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Krankenstyle posted:

asking for a friend

What is art? To answer that question we must return to first principles and ask if objective truth exists, or can ever be observed.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doverhog posted:

What is art? To answer that question we must return to first principles and ask if objective truth exists, or can ever be observed.

“This thing, what is it in itself, in its own constitution? What is its substance and material?”

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Aurelius is not talking about epistemology there.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Rascar Capac posted:

I see that the assistant editor puts the quotation marks inside the period. Not ready for the big leagues yet.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

doverhog posted:

Aurelius is not talking about epistemology there.

Pis is stored in the etemology

doverhog
May 31, 2013

To cut an argument short, art is an empty grave.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Webster's defines art as a land of contradictions. And that artist was Abraham Lincoln.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Rascar Capac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

chitoryu12 posted:

There's no "Real James Bond"

Ok, but there kinda was.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cats trying to hide from the vet

More: https://imgur.com/gallery/fPMvEEJ

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

This one is my favorite

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Elfface posted:

I call bullshit. While a lot of boomers dying is always a good thing, it would also burst the housing bubble when hundreds of thousands of young people suddenly inherit a property that was bought for a song eighty years ago and has never touched a mortgage. Markets crash, stockbrokers panic, pension funds go bust but also only have to pay out to three people. Loads of economic effects.

A ton of those are probably reverse mortgaged to the hilt.

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First
Don't camp under red gums.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bompacho posted:

I like that they are trying to do something with the engine there.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MarcusSA posted:

I like that they are trying to do something with the engine there.

I think that might just have popped up from the impact across it.

loving gum trees. Am I going to fall down due to termites? Maybe a storm? Or how about I just dry out in one of Australia's many droughts, and then when the drought breaks and we get way too much rain, I'll absorb it all into my branches and canopy, and make them too heavy for the trunk to support!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also sometimes explode.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also sometimes explode.

Only occassionally!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You Australians should be grateful when your continent grants you a quick death like that, it's better than most of the other options.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Bompacho posted:

I've heard of drop bears, but drop trees?

Way to bury the lede, Aussies.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/paprbckparadise/status/1237441705961353218

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some top tier forum handles in there

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cats trying to hide from the vet

I have one of these, and my cat is a tortie too.

IUG has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Mar 11, 2020

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Randaconda posted:

shotgun "I Came a Ghost?"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

chitoryu12 posted:

Fleming took inspiration from a lot of people for his books. There's no "Real James Bond" because he's an amalgamation of knowledge he had of people like Dusko Popov and his own brother Peter, plus a lot of his own background and quirks (like the obsession with scrambled eggs and the custom cigarettes he smokes). M was inspired by people like Admiral John Godfrey, Jacques Cousteau, and his own domineering mother. Tracy, the woman who Bond marries briefly before her murder, was based on Muriel Wright, one of his many girlfriends who died in the Blitz and traumatized him.

We have a thread!
Sounds like the real James Bond was the friends he made along the way

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Randaconda posted:

I renamed my dick forum handle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/rodneynorespect/status/1237458468422012928?s=21