Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

hoiyes posted:

Edit: We've also got videogames being used, with Inferno Squad and Iden Versio coming for Imperials. Could see Cal and Seventh Sister at some point feasibly.

I was playing the first Kashyyk section the other day and decided that Saul Guerra is batman. He needs some grappling hook rules in Legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Froghammer posted:

I very, very badly want to paint Padme to have her wearing Natalie Portman's Oscar dress

I'd kinda like to see these guys in the game:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What's the consensus on the new Rebel Trooper upgrade pack? We finally got it in at the LGS. One of the guns looks pretty great to my inexperienced self. Also a leader to be immune to Suppression feels pretty cool.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cessna posted:

I'd kinda like to see these guys in the game:

Ah cool I loved The Wire

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

What's the consensus on the new Rebel Trooper upgrade pack? We finally got it in at the LGS. One of the guns looks pretty great to my inexperienced self. Also a leader to be immune to Suppression feels pretty cool.
The Rebel DLT is really really good. It's the only range 4 weapon on any rebel corp, and I think it has critical 1 which is money on non-surging attack rolls.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Dawgstar posted:

I played a 500 pt game on Saturday and between a DLT shot and the ithorian shotgun* blast I took out and ATRT on the first turn. Admittedly my rolls were crazy hot, but both of those guns can do some damage. I’m considering putting two ithorians in my 800 pt list now.

*its not technically a shot gun like the fleet trooper heavy but it’s range 2 and that’s what it reminds me of

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

canyoneer posted:

Ah cool I loved The Wire

Suddenly I have an urge to watch The Phantom Menace and pay attention during the Naboo city bits.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I haven't played in a long time. I have the GAR half of two starters, Rex, 3P0 and R2, and 2 Clone upgrade trooper packs.

What should I make for a 500 point skirmish list to face my buddies CISsies? I'd really like Rex to lead and ideally use the droids.

Would also love a good theed city battlemat, 3x3 by preference.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 18, 2020

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Rolling with Rex and not Obi gives you the advantage of being able to have a good solid number of activations, particularly in skirmish. Moreover having a couple upgrade packs gives you nice flexibility with hacking together three squads with whatever mixture of heavy weapons and extra dudes you please. And of course R2 is a neat piece as well as a cheap activation too.

I'd probably go with something like this;

Clone Captain Rex (90 + 10 = 100)
--Aggressive Tactics (10)

R2-D2 (35 + 15 = 50)
--C-3PO (15)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 30 = 82)
--DC-15 Phase I Trooper (30)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 30 = 82)
--DC-15 Phase I Trooper (30)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 27 = 79)
--DP-23 Phase I Trooper (27)

BARC Speeder (75 + 18 = 93)
--BARC Twin Laser Gunner (18)

That's only 486, so there's room for whatever upgrades you like. The DC and DP are the clones standout heavy weapons, and the two DCs over multiple DPs are based around them being Rex's scouting party and the relative ease of getting stuff into range 2 on a skirmish table, but swap em out as you like. Could pop HQ uplink on R2 or the speeder for more activation consistency when you need it, and recon intel on Rex ain't bad.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Ehh, R2 and C3P0 aren't that great on skirmish. Neither are BARCs thanks to the compulsory move, and being underwhelming in general. If you're not running Obi you need to be able to deal with Jedi and that means more troopers to throw at the problem. You can fit Rex with AT and Recon with five phase 1 squads with heavy: 2 Z6, 2 DC, and 1 DP.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I figured R2 on the smaller table would be able to score me a bonus victory point in a lot of matches.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Since my army is desert themed I decided to paint my Snowtroopers up as Galactic Marines instead. First test model done!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

You've convinced my to strip and redo my snows.

Might do some kind of red and gray on my Shores, and something zippier on my Deathtroopers as well.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

I figured R2 on the smaller table would be able to score me a bonus victory point in a lot of matches.
First up, you gotta read the Skirmish objectives again. They've made the value of 1 VP much lower than in the 800 point game, by doubling the value of VPs gained per objective in many cases. Ie. "Pivotal Positions" the Key Positions analogue, you get 2 VPs per terrain piece. So unlike in the full game, where you can score R2 and just one objective to go 2-2 draw, here you would lose 4-3. R2 is also kind of a drawback in the death match because he is squishy and worth 2 VPs as he's an operative. Also, it's a lot easier to divert a squad to kill R2 on the small map and still have it contribute to the fight in skirmish. Unlike on a long map deployment on 6x3, where you use R2 on the other side of the map to draw an enemy unit from the main force.

Besides that, I just think he's a relatively low impact activation that in skirmish represents a much bigger chunk of your force that could be people with guns.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A shame. I'll still try it once against your probably sound advice just because thematically I like all the flamethrowers and jetpacks he busted out in The Clone Wars and just refused to use for Luke.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

News is a couple days old, but Asmodee has shuttered parts replacement.

Now you have to go back to the store, do a return, they send it back to Asmodee, Asmodee sends you a whole new box through the store.

It's absolute garbage to push this off onto the retailers and errors are consistent enough (I got 2 core sets with no ATRT handle, a scout with 2 left hands, and at least one other mispack) that this is a real consideration when buying. I used to justify the high MSRP with "at least it's backed by great customer service."

I guess for their part it's probably cheaper just to stock the full game SKU and send it off, but with their notorious supply problems how often are you going to be left in a lurch for months because your core set was missing a gun or whatever?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Owlbear Camus posted:

News is a couple days old, but Asmodee has shuttered parts replacement.

I guess for their part it's probably cheaper just to stock the full game SKU and send it off, but with their notorious supply problems how often are you going to be left in a lurch for months because your core set was missing a gun or whatever?

With them also shutting down all RPG production among other things, it isn't looking great for FFG. Definitely easy to expect them to sell it on to some other company once they trim all the fat for max profitability.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Even in the apolitical forums it's hard to escape the fact that capitalism, ruins everything. We have to make that observation in the MTG thread frequently.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Not defending Asmodee, but hopefully the move to sprues makes missing parts less common. I won't be buying through eBay anymore though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I wish there were something that let me use the Saber tank I'm going to pick up with my Rebels as well as my clonebois.

I picture it as an upgrade that takes up either a hardpoint or comms slot, costs like 20 points, and has no other effect that "you may field this in a rebel army." Something like that would be cool for AT-STs too. And they could sell more vehicles, once the supply shock from the global pandemic abates.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Seems like distribution issues are par for the course with FFG - but is it literally impossible to get my hands on a Clone Wars starter box in the U.K. right now?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've been waiting around four months stateside

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Froghammer posted:

I've been waiting around four months stateside

Why? I got two off of amazon last week.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Trying to support my FLGS

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's a mock-up picture somebody posted on the FB group that had Clan Wren and Inferno Squad as new Rebel and Imperial units, but that's mostly like a hoax. I will happily take Clan Wren, mind you, but probably a hoax.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Are you sure? Clan Wren and Inferno Squad were also mentioned in earlier rumors alongside Padme, Cad, Arc Troopers and Commandos Droids which turned out to be true. Sure would be nice if the price was fake though.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I've got some store credit at one local place I was going to use for the Clone Wars box, but they haven't had it in stock for months.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I tried to get a second box through my FLGS and ended up buying it off Amazon. It seems like he gets one shot on release week to order FFG stuff and after that forget about it. Still hoping he can get the AAT for me.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

There's a mock-up picture somebody posted on the FB group that had Clan Wren and Inferno Squad as new Rebel and Imperial units, but that's mostly like a hoax. I will happily take Clan Wren, mind you, but probably a hoax.

It's probably not a hoax. There was a French leak of upcoming releases and all of the recent announcements (Padme, Cad, ARC, and commando droids) were on the list, as well as wren and Inferno. The box art may be fake but the original source has proven true. Also Droids are getting STAPs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hoiyes posted:

It's probably not a hoax. There was a French leak of upcoming releases and all of the recent announcements (Padme, Cad, ARC, and commando droids) were on the list, as well as wren and Inferno. The box art may be fake but the original source has proven true. Also Droids are getting STAPs.

Very cool. Happy to be proven wrong.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just finished my Oath thread group of clones, now I’ve got 4 Phase 1 squads ready to go!

They’ll join Red, Grey, and Green squads in dying horribly/hilariously alongside Rex in skirmish games :v:

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

A skirmish-sized army of "oops, all B-2s" is destined for failure, right?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Malthusian posted:

A skirmish-sized army of "oops, all B-2s" is destined for failure, right?

Honestly it'd probably be pretty good. Armor on corps was a curveball I didnt expect and while the army seems geared toward B1 spam you could probably throw your opponent off with B2s.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I mean, you’d have 5 activations with Grievous + 4 squads of B2’s (each w/ the B2/ACM)...that’s a disgusting amount of health to try and deal with as they throw all of the dice at you.

It’s disgusting, in all the right ways :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I just finished painting my Saber tank, and...well...this thing is loving huge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So, I bought the Clone Wars Core Set but wanted to make sure, is there enough in that box for two people to play together? Or is there anything extra I might need, or want to add later on the two factions included? Looking forward to painting these figures as well.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I said come in! posted:

So, I bought the Clone Wars Core Set but wanted to make sure, is there enough in that box for two people to play together? Or is there anything extra I might need, or want to add later on the two factions included? Looking forward to painting these figures as well.

There's enough to play a skirmish mode game, but you don't have enough core units or points to play 800 v 800.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/a2/7c/a27ca34a-465b-4210-8949-0436062d1064/star_wars_legion_skirmish.pdf

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just finished my clone army so far, and this clocks in right at 799/800. No light box yet, not that they’d all fit in there anyways.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Those are some good lookin' slave soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Thanks! It’s my 501st theme army. Whenever Anakin finally comes out, he’ll swap in for the tank (assuming he’ll cost roughly the same).