Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Highlander taught us there can only be one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Alaois posted:

nah gently caress you, swords are dope

Obviously he or she does not know the ways of the hanzo steel

Once you train you will see this event in a new way and you will regret your words and deeds

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/all-new-ultraman-stories-to-arrive-in-2020

Uhhh.....

Huh.

:confuoot:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Clearly no one at Marvel has watched Cautionary Tales of Swords!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgLsXL93OsM

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
vulpes wyd :eyes:

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1234942926821691395

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Black Cat fun.

That latest issue was really exciting and I love how much enthusiasm she has there.
Who's the girl from the flashback?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Anka is such a great fit for this story.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Yeah, this arc was gorgeous.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

That was Tamara Blake, a character who appeared once way back and was ripe for a deep-cut reference!

Having Kris on for these two issues has been great and I wish he could stick around, but CF Villa is doing some serious work in Issues 11-12 and I think you'll be impressed!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of Kris

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/status/1235333869257322496?s=21

:stare:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Bit of a step down, if you ask me.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Spider-Verse, you stuck the landing there, Vulpes. Although I did kinda feel that Annie got relegated to living Macguffin status. But hey, I guess there's gonna be more Spider-Verse stuff coming down the line, going from that blurb.

I guess Spider-Zero was the daughter of her world's Peter Parker? Who was her mother, I didn't recognise her?

Kinda wish we can step away from the dumb spider-cosmology Slott made up (while JMS obviously started it, let's be honest, Slott made it a whole multiverse thing to make Silk super special awesome - which her solo book wisely jettisoned entirely) for good, though. Just get back to Spider-folk teaming up to save the day.

Also hope we get more of Tamara in Black Cat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Strange Academy was pretty good. It has that New Mutants/Generation X kinda feel, and Ramos's art isn't quite as out there as he's been in the past. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Although I did kinda feel that Annie got relegated to living Macguffin status.

Not much to be done there, unfortunately. Writing bookends is never easy, especially with shorter issues- 1 and 6 together was... 36 pages? so a lot had to happen in a little space. I would have liked to have gotten more into Annie's stuff, but the real estate just wasn't there.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't remember this, but I also don't fully understand how this would work?

Literally the first issue of Alias guest stars Captain America (an Avenger). Carol Danvers (an Avenger) becomes a supporting character within a few issues. Scott Lang (an Avenger) becomes a supporting character not long after. The entire Avengers team is referred to consistently and appears in flashbacks throughout the final arc of Alias, which ends about a year before Bendis takes over the Avengers.

And then when he takes over the Avengers, he almost immediately adds Luke Cage to the team.

Was the logic that if he 'couldn't' use the Avengers in Alias, that he'd put A-listers on the team so he could use the C-listers in a hypothetical follow-up Alias book that wasn't the Pulse? I'm legitimately confused.

I can't be bothered to dig up the quote (and it might not even be possible given that the interview in question would have been a good 16 years ago), but I'm 95% certain that that's what he said. But you're right that it doesn't make much sense if taken literally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barry Convex posted:

I can't be bothered to dig up the quote (and it might not even be possible given that the interview in question would have been a good 16 years ago), but I'm 95% certain that that's what he said. But you're right that it doesn't make much sense if taken literally.

In your defense, Bendis has said a lot of contradictory things over the years. Dude gets so excited about what he's writing I think he just rambles on and on and doesn't really parse everything he's saying.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

attn site and other assorted gabbyfans:

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/1236364046888325122?s=20

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Finally X-Men is good again :v:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

gently caress yessssssss

guess im picking up an x book

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
oh hey

so I've been reading through old issues of Master of Kung-Fu

Vulpes, I didn't realize just how many characters you'd snuck into the tail end of Daughters of the Dragon. Like, Cat and Batroc and Zaran? Those I knew. But Pavane? Rufus "Super Midnight" Carter?!? Well done. Very, very well done.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Around last year Wave got announced. Has she done anything noteworthy since then? Is she still alive? All I know is that she's a Future Fight character now or something.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Schneider Heim posted:

Around last year Wave got announced. Has she done anything noteworthy since then? Is she still alive? All I know is that she's a Future Fight character now or something.

She's in Agents of Atlas and her origin story ran as a miniseries in the back half of the first few issues of Aero.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

oh hey

so I've been reading through old issues of Master of Kung-Fu

Vulpes, I didn't realize just how many characters you'd snuck into the tail end of Daughters of the Dragon. Like, Cat and Batroc and Zaran? Those I knew. But Pavane? Rufus "Super Midnight" Carter?!? Well done. Very, very well done.

And Shadow Stalker, of course. Oh yeah, I love MOKF! Daughters 3 was 100% my MOKF tribute issue, though I was out for lunch with my wife the day after it went to "print" when I realized that I'd missed that Rufus "Super Midnight" Carter, aka Rufus "One Eye" Carter, had been drawn with both eyes. Explaining to her why I was so shocked out of the blue was one of our least comprehensible conversations.

And of course Mordillo being invoked in issue 2 as well...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

And Shadow Stalker, of course. Oh yeah, I love MOKF! Daughters 3 was 100% my MOKF tribute issue, though I was out for lunch with my wife the day after it went to "print" when I realized that I'd missed that Rufus "Super Midnight" Carter, aka Rufus "One Eye" Carter, had been drawn with both eyes. Explaining to her why I was so shocked out of the blue was one of our least comprehensible conversations.

And of course Mordillo being invoked in issue 2 as well...

"I forgot an old character I put in my book only had one eye" is pretty comprehensible, if a bit embarrassing.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
So since I mostly read on Marvel Unlimited, I just got to read last year's Alpha Flight True North and it's so great. Vulpes' story in particular was a great little bit of backstory for Puck, and also Marrina, who I've never really known much about but am now interested in. It really stood out among all the other annuals on MU lately.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1237458386406514690

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Holy cow Immortal Hulk is incredible this week. I can't believe how good the Xemnu arc has been. Super rad appearance at the end too.

"Supply and demand, old friend. Supply and demand."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe spoiler tag those things for a comic that's not out until tomorrow?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

And now he will write numerous critically acclaimed books.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Maybe spoiler tag those things for a comic that's not out until tomorrow?

There are no spoilers?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lord_Hambrose posted:

There are no spoilers?
You appear to have literally quoted a line of dialogue that appears in a comic that no one who doesn't work in a comic shop and read comics early and post their early reviews on a message board would know about.

I get people have different standards of spoilers but that counts as one for me.

"Really loved Empire Strikes Back, no spoilers but heh, "I am your father", I got goosebumps from this reveal. No spoilers. But wow. No spoilers. Heh. I saw this before you. Just trying to help everyone. No spoilers."

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

It's not worth a probation or anything but for the sake of politeness in the future please throw specific stuff like dialogue or unexpected character appearances behind a spoiler tag if the comic isn't out yet, even if it seems trivial at first glance.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

just read the new hulk. can't believe the hulk showed up throughout the comic.

"hulk smash."

oops sorry spoilers

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

It's not worth a probation or anything but for the sake of politeness in the future please throw specific stuff like dialogue or unexpected character appearances behind a spoiler tag if the comic isn't out yet, even if it seems trivial at first glance.

Fair.

How do you people use the internet in 2020 if the level of spoiler in my post is upsetting? Sorry for being hype, y'all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you could have left it at "fair" but instead you had to move on and start being a dick about it

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I AM VEWY HUNGWY. Can’t believe Xemnu went to the Tumblr school of faux innocence.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Immortal Hulk was incredible. I love McGowan so much.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Fair.

How do you people use the internet in 2020 if the level of spoiler in my post is upsetting? Sorry for being hype, y'all.

Um, I don't seek spoilers out? It's actually pretty easy to avoid spoilers if you post in a forum with a no spoiler rule then dip out on release day until you're up to speed. I realize that due to the nature of your job that's not possible in regards to comics, but like, I guarantee if you want to not know about (for example) the plot of the Black Widow movie (beyond the trailers) it is much easier than you'd think to attain blissful ignorance if you just unfollow the movie thread here, and/or don't click on clickbait articles about it up to release.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

site posted:

you could have left it at "fair" but instead you had to move on and start being a dick about it

Also fair.