Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Numlock posted:

Lol as of the morning update my employers Coronavirus plan is “just wash your hands.”

Maybe it’s seasonal allergies, the regular cold/flu or whatever but so many people coughing up a storm in the office.

The guy who keeps pissing and shiting all over the toilets and exercise equipment is still at large. Probably some boomer trying to own libs.

On the bright side, piss is sterile.

EDIT: Snype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

big gay orgy boat, of course

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fosborb posted:

at the rate we're doing things, a slower death count maybe, but not much of a lower one compared to other countries. hospitals are still going to be overwhelmed unless we do some seriously disruptive poo poo in our major cities right now.

2.5 weeks ago, Italy's colleges shut down. 2 weeks ago they stopped sporting events, carnivalle, etc. We are still right on track. Curious to see what our "no mortgages" response will be in 2 weeks

"Foreclosure but only after you're able to breathe without supplemental oxygen"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

fosborb posted:

Chris Hayes of all loving people crack pinged me yesterday, describing coronavirus as global warming in 3 months.

there is no coordinated international response and the disease is going to mostly just run its natural course because of it.
Phase 1) "It's not real"
Phase 2) "It's real but it's not that bad"
Phase 3) "It's real and it's bad but there's nothing we can do now"
Phase 4) :bgc:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

how true is this

oh it’s absolutely 100% false

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/1237742419082465280

yay

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guess I'll jump in

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

fosborb posted:

at the rate we're doing things, a slower death count maybe, but not much of a lower one compared to other countries. hospitals are still going to be overwhelmed unless we do some seriously disruptive poo poo in our major cities right now.

2.5 weeks ago, Italy's colleges shut down. 2 weeks ago they stopped sporting events, carnivalle, etc. We are still right on track. Curious to see what our "no mortgages" response will be in 2 weeks

Got a time-shifted comparison so we can compare our initiatives with theirs?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FAUXTON posted:

They already are making some kind of no-contact delivery setup with one of the food apps, they basically treat you like a stray cat, drop off the food and stay 6 ft away until you grab it

High velocity food delivery. With my invention I can deliver food to a spot no larger than a dime at 500 m/s from over 1 kilometer away.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

that’s not what truno said and why should I believe dr farce over trumy

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

AceOfFlames posted:

Like, I work in aerospace. This industry is going to get reamed. I have worked in software this whole time (7 years) but always among other aerospace people and only now do they give a crap about software design. My style of coding has always been "follow what the previous guy has been doing" which has worked so far but all of a sudden I am asked to fix other people's code because they don't want to talk to that person. I don't get a lot of guidance other than "you can do better than this". I don't know anything else. My entire academic life and career I have cargo culted. I hate this industry. I don't even like planes. I was forced to keep going by my parents. I don't do personal projects because I am too tired when I get home and have zero ideas. And even if I had I have no one to review them. I was under the impression that jobs would train me to be better at what I do. Instead I have to do everything myself, no one cares about my results until they suddenly do, and every question I ask makes me look worse. If I lose this job, I'll never work again. I'm hosed.

dude, you'll be fine. everyone is a fraud, good chance you are less of a fraud than most. Just remember you are a bad rear end mutherfucker, and can figure out poo poo. That poo poo you figured out and they brow beat you, so what? if those motheruckrs knew how fix why the hosed didn't they. loving dunces.

Always remember, there is no shame in lying on resumes or to institutions (that you can't go to jail for lying too)

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

new kind of cat posted:

big gay orgy boat, of course

me and my buddies on the big gay orgy boat escapting the roni

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol we aren't even close to the worst point

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*extreme dipshit voice* this will cause the Republicans to pivot to Medicare for all and outflank the dems from the left.
Any day now

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

tax... cut?

tax cut!

TAX CUT.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Admiral Ray posted:

High velocity food delivery. With my invention I can deliver food to a spot no larger than a dime at 500 m/s from over 1 kilometer away.

burrito pipeline

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

AceOfFlames posted:

Like, I work in aerospace. This industry is going to get reamed. I have worked in software this whole time (7 years) but always among other aerospace people and only now do they give a crap about software design. My style of coding has always been "follow what the previous guy has been doing" which has worked so far but all of a sudden I am asked to fix other people's code because they don't want to talk to that person. I don't get a lot of guidance other than "you can do better than this". I don't know anything else. My entire academic life and career I have cargo culted. I hate this industry. I don't even like planes. I was forced to keep going by my parents. I don't do personal projects because I am too tired when I get home and have zero ideas. And even if I had I have no one to review them. I was under the impression that jobs would train me to be better at what I do. Instead I have to do everything myself, no one cares about my results until they suddenly do, and every question I ask makes me look worse. If I lose this job, I'll never work again. I'm hosed.

I would love to have your problems.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gonna be shocking for cspam but it looks like trump wasn't a strong daddy after all and instead the gop and him were always moronic cucks who just kept on getting lucky.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

rump buttman posted:

dude, you'll be fine. everyone is a fraud, good chance you are less of a fraud than most. Just remember you are a bad rear end mutherfucker, and can figure out poo poo. That poo poo you figured out and they brow beat you, so what? if those motheruckrs knew how fix why the hosed didn't they. loving dunces.

Always remember, there is no shame in lying on resumes or to institutions (that you can't go to jail for lying too)

this, everyone is a fraud and the majority of jobs are bullshit make work.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

burrito pipeline

I think it was the Giant Bombcadt that once discussed a burrito delivery app called "Burrito Cannon" and they were disappointed that it wasn't delivered via a mortar fired from Coit Tower. I share their disappointment. There should be an actual burrito cannon.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

join me in

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I've got three small kids (2,4,7) and my wife is a radiologist so she's at the Vanderbilt hospital every day. My biggest fear now is getting too sick to take care of my babies

prep freezer meals. soups, chilies, and casseroles that can be defrosted and warmed up with no additional prep. power will very likely stay on, as will clean water

can the 7 year old microwave? deluxe Mac n cheese, heat and serve soups, freezer meals. cheese tortillas.

apples can stay good for weeks

think about what you would do if you were sick and living alone. you'd still get food into you. buy food that requires that level of prep.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

you are an extremely normal situation professionally. you'd find a job in 2 weeks. chill.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

fosborb posted:

There won't be any economic support, just mass homelessness in the middle of a pandemic.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Lawman 0 posted:

Gonna be shocking for cspam but it looks like trump wasn't a strong daddy after all and instead the gop and him were always moronic cucks who just kept on getting lucky.

Democrats will find a way to shoot their own dicks over this soon enough

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

my main source of income is rideshare and my wife rides the T daily, rip ya boi

I started driving her to and from work to at least eliminate that part of it but no one here seems to be taking it seriously just because we're not literally in Boston

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I work in banking regulatory AML stuff so it's all about being a "THESE ARE THE RULES! YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THEM!" schoolmarm to everyone, to be given some creative leeway would be nice even if it's just bleeps and bloops in a compiler

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

burrito pipeline

Pneumatic Tubes will save us

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

Pneumatic Tubes will save us

BurritoLoop

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Raiad posted:

the coronavirus crisis is way different from climate change in that the people who are largely responsible for the situation are actually going to be impacted by it

buddy if you don't think climate change is gonna impact the countries responsible for it i have a burned up Australia to show you

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

alcohol will protect me from coronavirus. i just have to get it inside my body in therapeutic levels

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress does anyone need the CDC's permission to test for coronavirus, like just do it anyway. What are they gonna do, shut down hospitals and imprison doctors in the middle of a pandemic? That would just make people panic worse lol

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

fosborb posted:

prep freezer meals. soups, chilies, and casseroles that can be defrosted and warmed up with no additional prep. power will very likely stay on, as will clean water

can the 7 year old microwave? deluxe Mac n cheese, heat and serve soups, freezer meals. cheese tortillas.

apples can stay good for weeks

think about what you would do if you were sick and living alone. you'd still get food into you. buy food that requires that level of prep.

Oh, I've done all that. It doesnt help

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1237689414060556289?s=19

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Love too have generalized anxiety and everyday germaphobia rapidly become compulsive sanitizing and psychosomatic hypochondria

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:ck5:

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
lol this is really shaping up to be some capital c Collapse poo poo isn't it?

what a time to be alive

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

this is my plan except smoking weed

Oh, that's part of the plan

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

eighty-four merc posted:

lol this is really shaping up to be some capital c Collapse poo poo isn't it?

what a time to be alive

Yeah lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

not an endorsement posted:

me and my buddies on the big gay orgy boat escapting the roni

so much sunscreen and cum