Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Some clarification for the PC unlock time:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1237439616443125761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

helllll yeah

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Romes128 posted:

He looks like he has a little face in his abs.

I demand a mod that puts his pixel face on his abs and it changes expressions when he flexes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Romes128 posted:

He looks like he has a little face in his abs.

You can see he's actually talking to his abs in that screenshot

asking them for abvice

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Oh sweet that means I'll have all of Friday to play it then! :woop:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1237407474371698690?s=19

more info

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Time to take a brief trip to Korea.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Doom 64 should totally unlock early. :mad:

I'm probably gonna finish it before booting up Eternal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So for anyone who hasn't preordered like me since the bethesda launcher scares me, there's a few deals about. Outside of just ordering on PC the normal ways, you can apparently order it digitally through the MS rewards store for 6000 points back, order it through bestbuy for a $10 certificate and a steelbook case, or just order it through amazon for $10 off.

For Canada, where I am, all I can find is the ebgames preorder that comes with a tin. Like, probably the world's tiniest lunch box for when you want to rip and tear into the tiniest roast beef sandwich.

I'm personally really hoping they add it to the MS game store for PC but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

These new system requirements are higher than the earlier ones that they took down, since those ones had included a 970 in the minimum settings. I'll still be rocking it with my 970, i5 etc, one last ride. Doom 3 sure looked and performed a bit wonky on my PC at the time, it's tradition. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I do enjoy the costoom and the hints of delicious canon implied with a new Doom64 episode etc, sounds Doomtastic.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Heavy Metal posted:

These new system requirements are higher than the earlier ones that they took down, since those ones had included a 970 in the minimum settings. I'll still be rocking it with my 970, i5 etc, one last ride. Doom 3 sure looked and performed a bit wonky on my PC at the time, it's tradition. I'm sure it'll be fine.
The requirements for PC games with the proper settings support id is offering are harder to quantify, but I think listing a slower card instead of the 970 would imply lower requirements?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Probably old news but I only now noticed that the sound track comes on a real cassette tape in addition to a download code. Even assuming I had a way to play it would both soundtracks even fit on one?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Spiderdrake posted:

The requirements for PC games with the proper settings support id is offering are harder to quantify, but I think listing a slower card instead of the 970 would imply lower requirements?

It says 1050ti and 1060 now instead of 970, I thought those are higher end than 970. Newer at least. (edit: ah, I didn't know that 970 is faster, just looked it up. Good to know.)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 11, 2020

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Heavy Metal posted:

It says 1050ti and 1060 now instead of 970, I thought those are higher end than 970. Newer at least. (edit: ah, I didn't know that 970 is faster, just looked it up.)

A 970 is more powerful than 1050 ti.

I'd say substantially, but that's up to your definition of the word. It's about 40% more powerful.

Spiderdrake posted:

I could also be wrong, but I didn't think most games listed their minimum spec as 60 fps/1080p. Usually I expect minimum to be 30 fps/720 or the like but I haven't researched min specs for new releases in a while.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 11, 2020

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

CampingCarl posted:

Probably old news but I only now noticed that the sound track comes on a real cassette tape in addition to a download code. Even assuming I had a way to play it would both soundtracks even fit on one?

Wait what?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CampingCarl posted:

Its a mix tape. its in game in the hub too if you dont have a tape player anymore

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Well this is unexpected and should be an absolute hoot

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1237422971691495424

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

I do enjoy the costoom and the hints of delicious canon implied with a new Doom64 episode etc, sounds Doomtastic.

The 970 is listed under recommended settings now, with the caveat of having to bump down texture quality to Medium. Probably on account of less/slower VRAM.

RTX2070, 16GB RAM and an i7-9700K here, I'll take my chances with 1080p Ultra and see how I go.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Well this is unexpected and should be an absolute hoot

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1237422971691495424

I am so tired of critical role swallowing up all the air in my hobby

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The specs also have two tiers, for 1440p and 1080p.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll be playing this on the Xbox so I won’t have to worry about system “requirements” :owned:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll be playing this on the Xbox

played urself

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll be playing this on the Xbox so I won’t have to worry about system “requirements” :owned:

It's like a dude with a lada looking down on ferrari owners because he doesn't have to worry about pesky things such as quality and performance

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

That's like being happy about your car going really fast because it's currently falling down a cliff.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

it's cute that the space requirements are 50gb, when the previous game used twice that

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Speaking of the Xbox, the lead engine guy dropped some nuggets about specs and platforms on Twitter:

• All the non-Switch consoles run at 60fps, including the "base" XBone and PS4. The PC can go higher, of course...
  • The FOV slider is available on all consoles, not just on PC.
  • HDR is supported on PC, Stadia (lmbo) and all non-Switch consoles except the OG Xbone (The S model supports it)
  • Minimum/recommended PC specs are "hyper conservative" and you can probably wrangle great performance out of your machine with a bit of settings-tweaking.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it's cute that the space requirements are 50gb, when the previous game used twice that

I want to say that 2016 was around 50GB when it launched. It's currently 70GB, but that's after multiple updates.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

God damnit.

My hype cannot be contained for this game.

Its gonna be a looooong 10ish days.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Arivia posted:

I am so tired of critical role swallowing up all the air in my hobby
It's their hobby now :getin:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I haven't upgraded my computer in quite awhile now, haven't felt the need to really, it's been able to play pretty much every big game on high settings for the last few years but looking at the recommended requirements for Doom Eternal I'm thinking it might be the first that I won't be able to do that with, like this year might be the year where games start pushing above what my rig can do.

Can't really afford to upgrade now but if I could play Youngblood, RE2 Remake or like Sekiro on the highest settings and they run fine then I should be able to play this on at least medium or low and be good right? I know sometimes the recommended settings are higher than they really need to be anyway but with this game I am a bit worried, been looking forward to it for ages.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I am that guy, i will play with the unicorn skin.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

thebardyspoon posted:

I haven't upgraded my computer in quite awhile now, haven't felt the need to really, it's been able to play pretty much every big game on high settings for the last few years but looking at the recommended requirements for Doom Eternal I'm thinking it might be the first that I won't be able to do that with, like this year might be the year where games start pushing above what my rig can do.

Can't really afford to upgrade now but if I could play Youngblood, RE2 Remake or like Sekiro on the highest settings and they run fine then I should be able to play this on at least medium or low and be good right? I know sometimes the recommended settings are higher than they really need to be anyway but with this game I am a bit worried, been looking forward to it for ages.

just write your specs in a post like this, some vague "i can run <games>, how will this game run" is the least efficient way to go about it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
launch trailer is tomorrow!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Don’t launch trailers usually come out a bit closer to launch? I thought it was usually day of or day before.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no one knows how this game will run yet but it looks exactly like doom 2016 so i dont see why it would suddenly make your computer explode if you could run 2016 fine

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Killstick posted:

I am that guy, i will play with the unicorn skin.

:same:

It’s not enough to rip and tear the demons; they must also be insulted by my outfit :black101:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Zzulu posted:

no one knows how this game will run yet but it looks exactly like doom 2016 so i dont see why it would suddenly make your computer explode if you could run 2016 fine

It's on a new version of the engine, it'll probably run even better this time.

Hell, they finally got rid of megatextures so on top of that I'm expecting much quicker load times too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zzulu posted:

Nah, I just replayed 2016 and Eternal subtly looks a lot better than it. Though I'm sure it'll still run good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Eternal does look way better and has way more going WRT effects, and also can fit more enemies on screen at one time, so it's for sure going to be more demanding. I believe it when they say it's well-optimized though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Zzulu posted:

Because it’s a new iteration of the engine with actually quite a lot of ~~more~~ in it, more enemies on screen, more texture resolution, more fidelity in a lot of ways. But also more optimisation. So you’re right we don’t really know yet. I’m not worried though.