Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Oxyclean posted:

I didn't consider 1440p too much - since I'm not sure how well I can run it / not sure if I want to shell out for it. I'm running a 1070 GTX and a Ryzen 5 3600 - could/should I push for 1440? Or am I better sticking to 144hz 1080?

You could, but it would blow out your entire budget for a single monitor so I didn't want to harp on it like I usually do.

e - remembered the other reasons why I didn't push for you to go 1440p. 1440p means 27", and originally I think you wanted two monitors the same size and that would REALLY blow out your budget. Another is that 1440p is not widely supported by consoles (I think the Bone X has a 1440p mode, but that doesn't mean every game supports it) so going whatever 900p internal resolution a game uses > 1080p > 1440p would probably look less than spectacular.

Also if you do go for the VG240Y pbiip, make sure it is EXACTLY that. Acer's monitor naming is loving satanic, they will try to trick you into buying a TN monitor or something otherwise totally different with just one different letter or something capitalized or uncapitalized.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

K8.0 posted:

Kickstarters can be legit, especially for entire new/niche products, but if they're promising to beat an entire industry in every way, they're loving lying. Eve is double-lying because all LCD displays are made with panels made by a few companies.

Yeah, I noticed that while I was looking for a 16:10 screen. Every monitor from every supplier had the exact same specs, so I figured there was just 1 company making the panel. Shame about Eve though, it looks like I'm going with the Pixio PX7.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

e: whoops wrong thread!

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 8, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

BadMedic posted:

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is the Eve Spectrum legit? It looks really good but...

Throwing 20 bucks to crowdfund an indie game is one thing, but $630 USD to preorder a crowdfunded monitor is sketching me out. I don't want to risk losing that much money.

Also I've been looking at the Pixio PX7, does anyone here have any experiences with it?

They produced / crowdfunded a laptop a while back with everything you could possibly think of including crammed in there, so they're probably not going to take your money and run. They're not going to be the only ones with the panels in them, but if you want the trillion ports on your monitor I'd be surprised if they had a lot of competition.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Grumpwagon posted:

Hey monitor thread!

have a 10 year old Dell monitor that has served me well, but the bad viewing angles and low max brightness is making me think it's time to upgrade.

I was thinking just a 24", but it seems like 27" is the current sweet spot, so I'm leaning that direction now. I play some games, but nothing fast twitch, and I don't really think I'd notice or care about faster refresh rates and response time, as I'm old and slow. I also use it for programming and all the normal web/office/etc bullshit.

I have an older computer (GTX 760), so I can't push massive resolution. If a new monitor will be totally wasted with this computer, I could upgrade, but I'm not itching to do so. The main reason I'm thinking of upgrading is that my computer is in a very bright room, so I can't see things in shadows of games during the day. My second concern is that I'd love to stick with 16x10, but if that really isn't a thing anymore, I guess I could deal with it.

My thought is to stick with what worked for me, and get a mid range business monitor. Budget really isn't a concern, but I don't want to spend extra for things I don't really care about. I'd like it to last 10 years like my current one has.

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate your expertise.

Is this a decent product? The Dell u2415 seems to fit my initial hopes. It's 24", 16:10 and seems like a decent panel, but I don't really have much to go by besides the tech specs listed.

The other thing I'm considering is spending a bit more for the 27" U2719D and getting a new computer.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Dell 32" 2560x1440 165HZ VA good/bad? Under 500€ shipped with 24% VAT.

For gaming and photo editing. I have the xrite display i1 calibrator.

This one: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-32-curved-gaming-monitor-s3220dgf/apd/210-atyt/monitors-monitor-accessories

The ultrawide monitors are so expensive and 4k too demanding. I have a 30" 2560x1600 60hz ips from 2008 and I want something faster.

Faster IPS panels have very low contrast, like 800:1, bad uniformity and hilarious prices.

eames
May 9, 2009

I looked into that monitor the other day. Reviews of it suggest it is decent if you don't mind the obvious downsides (DPI, viewing angles and it being curved).

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s3220dgf

Some users report that the EDID only shows 60 Hz and 165 Hz but nothing in between, but you can manually force 120/144 Hz via edited monitor drivers. Not a big deal unless you're looking to use it with consoles, in which case you might be stuck with 60 Hz. It's also not officially "G-Sync compatible" and some people are reporting flickering with Freesync enabled.

eames fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 8, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I already use 125-150% scaling on Windows with a same size of monitor, so I hope lower DPI will make things easier to see.

Flickering with freesync is a bad thing :/ If it's on all monitor samples and with Nvidia cards. I have a rtx 2060.

The flat paneled 32 LG VA with gsync should be flicker-free, but I trust Dell's regular and pixel warranty more. Lg offers only 1 year warranty which is hilariously bad. Do they have even any panel guarantees?

Edit: here a guy said that narrowing the freesync hz range helps: https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/dell-s3220dgf.1276177/

Of course monitors still work with fixed hz mode. I will try how that Dell works and report about it later!

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 8, 2020

eames
May 9, 2009

Cool, it seems plausible that increasing the minimum variable refresh rate might fix the flickering. Looking forward to your opinion on it. I also have a Dell screen at the moment and am very happy with the QC and support.
Unfortunately LG seems to be better at providing aftermarket firmware updates which would likely fix a few of the S3220DGF‘s problems. None of them seem like they are a big deal if you can work around them and the price/value seems good.

Reviewers mention that the monitor supports DP1.4 but ships with a DP1.2 cable, also something to keep in mind if strange problems arise.

eames fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 8, 2020

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

BadMedic posted:

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is the Eve Spectrum legit? It looks really good but...

Throwing 20 bucks to crowdfund an indie game is one thing, but $630 USD to preorder a crowdfunded monitor is sketching me out. I don't want to risk losing that much money.

Finnish tax administration has filed Eve-tech for bankruptcy, so I would stay away.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Grumpwagon posted:

Is this a decent product? The Dell u2415 seems to fit my initial hopes. It's 24", 16:10 and seems like a decent panel, but I don't really have much to go by besides the tech specs listed.

The other thing I'm considering is spending a bit more for the 27" U2719D and getting a new computer.

That's a lot of money just for the aspect ratio. The U2719D is also extremely expenive for what it is. Dell makes good monitors, but >2x what it would cost from another manufacturer good? Nah. Do you think your current monitor has been dimming? It's very possible, but it would suck for you to get something new and not have that be bright enough for you.

I would steer you in one of two directions , especially if you're considering upgrading.
A 27" 4k 60hz IPS. You can get these incredibly cheap on Amazon, maybe $300-400 for something you'd want. No, they won't have Dell build quality and may well not last 10 years, but for the enormous price difference if you do have issues you can buy a newer, better monitor and still be well ahead. On the desktop, 4k is pretty great for static text, even though you'll scale things up it will just be nicer to look at. 4k is a bitch to drive in games, but between resolution scaling and integer scaling on new Nvidia GPUs, you'd be able to get by fine.
A 27" 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor. Probably in the $350-400 range for something you'd want. I know you don't think high refresh and fast response time means much to you, but it's loving incredible. Even on the desktop, being able to actually read fast scrolling text is great.

Ihmemies posted:

Dell 32" 2560x1440 165HZ VA good/bad? Under 500€ shipped with 24% VAT.

For gaming and photo editing. I have the xrite display i1 calibrator.

This one: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-32-curved-gaming-monitor-s3220dgf/apd/210-atyt/monitors-monitor-accessories

The ultrawide monitors are so expensive and 4k too demanding. I have a 30" 2560x1600 60hz ips from 2008 and I want something faster.

Faster IPS panels have very low contrast, like 800:1, bad uniformity and hilarious prices.

You should be aware that like all VA monitors, that thing is going to wash to grey in motion, especially in darker areas. Look at the response times in the review eames linked - over 30ms for darker g2gs. 1 frame at 165hz is 6ms. If faster response is what you want, VA is not an option.

There's no good way to get a single monitor that is excellent for both gaming and calibrated photo editing. You're going to give something up, unless you go for the comedy LG OLED TV as a monitor option.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 8, 2020

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I've got a workspace that also has a futon like 5 feet away and I'm looking at getting a monitor that I can set up on an articulating arm so that I can have a decent movie-watching space with friends but then go back to using that same monitor for spreadsheets/casual gaming.

Is this a good use case for a 32" monitor? Right now I have a 24" Dell U2412M and it feels quite small to watch movies on.

It feels like 3 extra inches for 27" really wouldn't add much for movies, but then again maybe that's just because the Dell is a 60HZ.

I've got ~$500-600 I'd be willing to pay. Any recommendations?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

K8.0 posted:

A 27" 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor. Probably in the $350-400 range for something you'd want. I know you don't think high refresh and fast response time means much to you, but it's loving incredible. Even on the desktop, being able to actually read fast scrolling text is great.

This makes a lot of sense. Do you or anyone have suggestions for good brands or panel manufacturers that would fit the bill of a quality value product here? Especially the 1440/144hz?

Does something like this make sense?

Grumpwagon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 9, 2020

njaa
Aug 20, 2007
I've decided to upgrade my computer after 6 years and thought to get a new primary monitor (with my old 23-inch monitor moving as a secondary monitor). Building my computer with the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT video card.

I use computer mostly for gaming (nothing real competitive)/browsing/streaming. But I also use it to do some work on greyscale images, so I'd like to get a monitor that can differentiate as much of the grayscale tones as possible.

So based on my reading I would probably want a 23-to-27(max) inch 1440 screen, Freesync, possibly with an ok refresh rate, but also I guess good contrast? Any suggestions? Budget is flexible, but planned 400 dollars.

e: Thanks for the suggestion but 32'' is probably too big for me.
What has better greyscale distinction, VA or IPS? If VA is better, then perhaps have a 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor as the main monitor for gaming/browsing and a second VA monitor to watch streams and to do the occasional work with images.

njaa fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 9, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Why max 27"? Bigger is better! The 32" Dell S3220DGF is $350 on Bestbuy. 144Hz 2560x1440 Freesync. It may be good or it may be bad.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-32-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr/6375331.p?skuId=6375331

I will get mine hopefully later this week depending on how much :corona: delays handling and shipment.

VA's shouldn't have that bad black crush anymore these days... of course if it is very important, get an IPS panel. They can display all the colors reliably.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 9, 2020

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

Why max 27"? Bigger is better! The 32" Dell S3220DGF is $350 on Bestbuy. 144Hz 2560x1440 Freesync. It may be good or it may be bad.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-32-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr/6375331.p?skuId=6375331

I will get mine hopefully later this week depending on how much :corona: delays handling and shipment.

VA's shouldn't have that bad black crush anymore these days... of course if it is very important, get an IPS panel. They can display all the colors reliably.

I wouldn't want a 1440p monitor larger than 27" because the pixel density is going to suffer, and I don't want a monitor larger than 27" for gaming because I want to be able to see everything without turning my head.

I have a 27" 1440p monitor now (XB270HU or w/e) and it's just at the limit in terms of being able to see things with peripheral vision (like changes on the minimap in SC2).

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Grumpwagon posted:

This makes a lot of sense. Do you or anyone have suggestions for good brands or panel manufacturers that would fit the bill of a quality value product here? Especially the 1440/144hz?

Does something like this make sense?

Do not buy monitors from newegg. Buy them from Amazon or somewhere else with an excellent return policy. Rtings says the stand sucks but other than that it seems good, especially with your desire for high brightness. TFTCentral and RTings are really the only places with meaningful monitor reviews. You could also consider the LG 27GL83A (if you can find it) or the Asus VG27AQ. Neither is quite as bright but I doubt you actually need truly crazy brightness. The Pixio PX7 Prime would be another candidate, it's also really bright.

Also I should reiterate that while the monitors are still great regardless, you will only be able to use Freesync on an Nvidia GPU with a 10 series or newer, so if your plans don't really include a PC-side upgrade you should perhaps consider a different path. But I will say that a ton of people in this thread have bought these type of monitors and the vast majority are very happy with them. Also you will need to buy a displayport cable as well, not expensive, but Gsync only works over displayport.

njaa posted:

I've decided to upgrade my computer after 6 years and thought to get a new primary monitor (with my old 23-inch monitor moving as a secondary monitor). Building my computer with the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT video card.

I use computer mostly for gaming (nothing real competitive)/browsing/streaming. But I also use it to do some work on greyscale images, so I'd like to get a monitor that can differentiate as much of the grayscale tones as possible.

So based on my reading I would probably want a 23-to-27(max) inch 1440 screen, Freesync, possibly with an ok refresh rate, but also I guess good contrast? Any suggestions? Budget is flexible, but planned 400 dollars.

e: Thanks for the suggestion but 32'' is probably too big for me.
What has better greyscale distinction, VA or IPS? If VA is better, then perhaps have a 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor as the main monitor for gaming/browsing and a second VA monitor to watch streams and to do the occasional work with images.

IPS has bad contrast because it doesn't go black. The actual clarity across a gradient is decent on a good IPS monitor, although VA is significantly better because the blacks are much deeper and more consistent. Your thought of going dual monitors is probably ideal. VA makes an excellent second monitor because it doesn't glow the way IPS does, so it's less distracting when you're focused on the primary, and the deep blacks make media consumption better, at least for some people. That said, if you're really focused on doing fine work on the VA monitor you might wind up wanting to turn the IPS monitor off to get rid of its glow. YMMV depending on lighting conditions and sensitivity, but when I was using an IPS + VA setup I could definitely notice the IPS monitor glowing when it was blacked out and I was focused on the VA monitor. Maybe grab yourself the IPS display first and then seeing how it fares in reality decide what to do for your second monitor.

There are a ton of options. Given your desire for superior contrast, maybe something like the VG27AQ or the VX2758-2kp-mhd Grumpwagon was looking at make sense for you. If you do buy the Viewsonic make sure you have a DP cable for it because it doesn't come with one. Still a good deal though.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 10, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I was just thinking... since OLED panels are hard to mfg under 55" there haven't been "any" so far. But this year there will be 48" OLED tv's from Sony and LG, with HDR, 120Hz, variable refresh rate, infinite contrast etc...

That is around 105cm wide, while 38" ultrawides are 90cm wide. If those TV's support 3840x1600 res they would be like one of those ultrawides but just some extra on top and bottom. Full 4K is quite demanding and 3840x1600 has 25% less pixels to render.

Perhaps I could wall mount a 48" OLED tv behind my desk and move it a little bit further away from the wall, so the 105cm width wouldn't be too problematic. Hmmm! Especially if one can pick those 48" OLED's for 1000€ or less I will buy and try one when they are released.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
So I'm looking for a big monitor for my desk/corner of my new room. A mix of tv and films some (light) gaming and web browsing. I've come across a used Dell UltraSharp U3011T on ebay ( some with no stand) how good are these in 2020. Especially considering that it is going to cost about £120 all in? Probably being driven by my laptop with a gtx 1050.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

All the 2560x1600 30" panels were pretty good. CCFL backlight will probably be dim and it will take 15-30mins to warm up. At least it has a DP and HDMI port so you won't need a dual link dvi. I think they are OK for the price if 60Hz is enough for you.

I've used LG's W3000H 30" model for 12 years.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I was just thinking... since OLED panels are hard to mfg under 55" there haven't been "any" so far. But this year there will be 48" OLED tv's from Sony and LG, with HDR, 120Hz, variable refresh rate, infinite contrast etc...

That is around 105cm wide, while 38" ultrawides are 90cm wide. If those TV's support 3840x1600 res they would be like one of those ultrawides but just some extra on top and bottom. Full 4K is quite demanding and 3840x1600 has 25% less pixels to render.

Perhaps I could wall mount a 48" OLED tv behind my desk and move it a little bit further away from the wall, so the 105cm width wouldn't be too problematic. Hmmm! Especially if one can pick those 48" OLED's for 1000€ or less I will buy and try one when they are released.

So - I got a Dell 43" 4k, and in retrospect I should have gone for one of those 38" with 3840x1600 res. The extra vertical space is mostly wasted on me :smith:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I got the Dell S3220, 1440p 32" VA panel. Still calibrating it with i1 display pro. The response time is quite impressive, dragging a dialogue box on desktop produces an 1cm long black trail following the box. My 12 year old ips is miles better. Now I understand what those poor VA dark tone response times mean.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ihmemies posted:

I got the Dell S3220, 1440p 32" VA panel. Still calibrating it with i1 display pro. The response time is quite impressive, dragging a dialogue box on desktop produces an 1cm long black trail following the box. My 12 year old ips is miles better. Now I understand what those poor VA dark tone response times mean.

Try setting the overdrive to Super Fast if you haven't already.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s3220dgf

njaa
Aug 20, 2007

K8.0 posted:

IPS has bad contrast because it doesn't go black. The actual clarity across a gradient is decent on a good IPS monitor, although VA is significantly better because the blacks are much deeper and more consistent. Your thought of going dual monitors is probably ideal. VA makes an excellent second monitor because it doesn't glow the way IPS does, so it's less distracting when you're focused on the primary, and the deep blacks make media consumption better, at least for some people. That said, if you're really focused on doing fine work on the VA monitor you might wind up wanting to turn the IPS monitor off to get rid of its glow. YMMV depending on lighting conditions and sensitivity, but when I was using an IPS + VA setup I could definitely notice the IPS monitor glowing when it was blacked out and I was focused on the VA monitor. Maybe grab yourself the IPS display first and then seeing how it fares in reality decide what to do for your second monitor.

There are a ton of options. Given your desire for superior contrast, maybe something like the VG27AQ or the VX2758-2kp-mhd Grumpwagon was looking at make sense for you. If you do buy the Viewsonic make sure you have a DP cable for it because it doesn't come with one. Still a good deal though.

Thanks for the help! I'll just buy the main IPS monitor now and see how the images look on there. Probably will go for the VG27AQ. I am a bit tempted by some ACER monitors (Nitro XV272, XF270HUA), but I'm afraid of the flickering issue that was previously discussed in this thread.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I put the display at least 3 times to 165Hz and still it always somehow reset back to 60 Hz.. now I put it to 165Hz 4th time and it doesn't look so bad anymore.

G-sync mode on at 165Hz the backlight or something flickers nearly all time. I have to try a new resolution with custom VRR range tomorrow. If it solves the flickering then everything is fine.

The display looks a lot better than my 12 year old 2560x1600 30" screen. The size is basically the same, but somehow everything just.. looks.. better. Maybe it's the more than three times better contrast?

eames
May 9, 2009

Yes, I imagine the contrast and wider gamut makes a big difference. Hope you can fix the flicker, did changing the overdrive help with motion blur?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

eames posted:

Yes, I imagine the contrast and wider gamut makes a big difference. Hope you can fix the flicker, did changing the overdrive help with motion blur?

I think the 30" W3000H had wider gamut. Reds were definitely way redder etc. Maybe it's just the VA's contrast. I think making a custom res and capping the hz to 144Hz fixed the flickering. It was really bad in dota2's menu for example.

I have to try more later. It is fine if VRR works with 48-144Hz range or whatever with my rtx 2060. This is a discount monitor after all ;) https://www.dell.de sells it for 380€ with 19% VAT even in Europe.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Try turning down the monitor brightness to 50. I can't remember what it is, but there's something with new monitors where you can't run certain settings at 90 brightness and above. Maybe ELMB or something else.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I calibrated it to 100cd/m^2 with Displaycal. I think the brightness is around 30-40 now, definitely under 50. The monitor is not gsync certified so it is kind of expected things won't work smoothly.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Are there any decent 1440p, high hz, va panels that are bellow 32 inches and not curved?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

LG makes 31,5" flat VA gaming panels, freesync and g-sync. Many 27" panels are good. Look answers from Rtings recommended monitors?

eames
May 9, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

I calibrated it to 100cd/m^2 with Displaycal. I think the brightness is around 30-40 now, definitely under 50. The monitor is not gsync certified so it is kind of expected things won't work smoothly.

Did you manage to work around the VRR flicker with the reduced refresh rates or is it still a problem?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

eames posted:

Did you manage to work around the VRR flicker with the reduced refresh rates or is it still a problem?

Well the flickering was apparent at 165Hz/fps on Dota2's menu. I reduced the max framerate to 144 and dota's flickering stopped. In pendulum the brightness still varies when fps goes below 60 or so?

I have to try out some actual gaming and see how this works. Amazon has a good return policy so it's not like I'm in a rush :v: And I hope I can work around the issue and keep this display. Because I don't know what else to get...

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

K8.0 posted:

Do not buy monitors from newegg. Buy them from Amazon or somewhere else with an excellent return policy. Rtings says the stand sucks but other than that it seems good, especially with your desire for high brightness. TFTCentral and RTings are really the only places with meaningful monitor reviews. You could also consider the LG 27GL83A (if you can find it) or the Asus VG27AQ. Neither is quite as bright but I doubt you actually need truly crazy brightness. The Pixio PX7 Prime would be another candidate, it's also really bright.

Thanks, both for the recommendations, and the resources. I'm probably thinking the Viewsonic for now, but I'll watch Rtings for a bit to be sure.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Man, I really hope I don't have to put up with a bunch of QC panels with the new monitors like these stories suggest.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hey thread, got kind of an odd question. I have an ACER Predator 1440p gaming monitor that I bought a few years back as my main monitor, but my second monitor (an ancient Hanns-G) died the other day. What are y'alls picks or suggestions for finding inexpensive second monitors NOT for gaming but for web browsing and watching streams on?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Pretty much go on Amazon and take your pick of well-reviewed 1080p IPS/VA monitors and 4k IPS/VA monitors.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

njaa posted:

Thanks for the help! I'll just buy the main IPS monitor now and see how the images look on there. Probably will go for the VG27AQ. I am a bit tempted by some ACER monitors (Nitro XV272, XF270HUA), but I'm afraid of the flickering issue that was previously discussed in this thread.

I have the Asus VG27AQ and I'm suffering from the DisplayPort powersave bug. If you can find a reliable information that the alternatives don't exhibit it they could be preferable option.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Is the LG 27GL83A-B completely discontinued? I was hoping for some sales on it since new displays are coming out and I missed out on black friday, but it seems like it's just gone instead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

runawayturtles posted:

Is the LG 27GL83A-B completely discontinued? I was hoping for some sales on it since new displays are coming out and I missed out on black friday, but it seems like it's just gone instead...

That seems like how monitors go: they don't get much in the way of close-out pricing when new monitors show up, they just disappear. Kinda like last-gen CPUs, really.