Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

galenanorth posted:

This might be a really dumb reason to vote third party, but I figure that it's wrong for politicians to put together coalitions of support by bribing their opponents into dropping out, like Biden and and like Hillary Clinton did with Warren in 2016. And if it's wrong enough that I wouldn't do it myself, why should I reward that behavior by voting for it?

TIME FOR SOME GAME THEORY

It's called a "trigger strategy" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Nichael posted:

Also, I can't stress enough that Bernie essentially let Cisneros languish, and then they both lost their races in Texas. Coordinate on the ground with active and legitimate progressive campaigns. It's mutually beneficial!

Been working on a local race that was in discussions to mutually endorse with Sanders. After the poo poo with Cenk, the Sanders campaign went dark. The prevailing theory is they got spooked out of endorsing local/regional candidates because the potential risk was supposedly pretty big.

Which, yeah, some candidates are obviously great. But they're also flooded with hundreds if not thousands of people endorsed by some little disguised succ "grassroots" org like Adam Schiff's "Feel the Bern PAC" that turns out to unsurprisingly start yelling YAAAS KWEEEN at chuck schumer on twitter

OR

galactic crank fiefdom that was a Bernie DNC delegate in 2016 that no one at a national level knows the history of that are wildly problematic due to past racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/sex pest poo poo/history of undermining the left.

both are bad.

I got pretty active in local politics after the 2016 election, and the above situations happen ALL THE TIME

unbutthurtable has issued a correction as of 18:14 on Mar 11, 2020

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

I think I should own up to being one of those people, and I’m sure there’s a lot, who optimistically and naively believed that if we just held our tongues and played the game we could win fair and square and win hearts and minds. And that was an abject failure. The left needs electoralists willing to play absolutely dirty and to focus on an underground insurgency taking over state and local level party apparatuses or directly challenging them via third parties for local control, where it’s the easiest to swing.

and we need back room deals with direct action groups where the handshake agreement is that neither one will go hard on criticizing the other and the electoralists will do their best to provide cover for the direct action.

the time for clean liberal democracy is long past. I was a fool to believe otherwise

what if anything are the regulatory limitations on campaigns coordinating, such that you've got like the Nice Clean Demsoc and Crazy Joe Who Wants To The Liberal Candidate Investigated For Pedophilia printing their campaign materials out of the same office

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
hell yes Bernie, that was Good

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

bernie 2020, nina 2028

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Louisgod posted:

WEEWOO WEEWOOO lovely tweets attract lovely posters

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1237767877362700296

You know who else criticized Warrens m4a plan?

OJ

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO JOE

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

unbutthurtable posted:

Been working on a local race that was in discussions to mutually endorse with Sanders. After the poo poo with Cenk, the Sanders campaign went dark. The prevailing theory is they got spooked out of endorsing local/regional candidates because the potential risk was supposedly pretty big.

Which, yeah, some candidates are obviously great. But they're also flooded with hundreds if not thousands of people endorsed by some little disguised succ "grassroots" org like Adam Schiff's "Feel the Bern PAC" that turns out to unsurprisingly start yelling YAAAS KWEEEN at chuck schumer on twitter

OR

galactic crank fiefdom that no one at a national level knows the history of that are wildly problematic due to past racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/sex pest poo poo/history of undermining the left.

both are bad.

I got pretty active in local politics after the 2016 election, and the above situations happen ALL THE TIME

yeah you need enough of a coalition that the downballot endorsements are a known quantity going in and we just didn't have that

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The people calling any opposition as being motivated by Russia, especially encouraged by bot-posting, just makes me want to vote third party to have it on record that people opposed actually exist in real life and not cyberspace

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I loving demand a poll of the olds that specifically lays out how many voted with this mindset

https://twitter.com/DavidAstinWalsh/status/1237538753511481344?s=19

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Nichael posted:

we also need a loving bench for 2022, 2024, 2026, 2028, etc, and we currently have maybe like six good democrats. there's zero good senators besides bernie.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

The only reason we deserve 4 more years of Trump is if you guys all fall for Russian troll farm efforts pushing the "Bernie or Bust" movement ... Again. Take a look around. They're here ... sowing discord ... Again. Do you feel demoralized? Good. That's their goal. All the intelligence agencies agreed, and Mueller testified to their concerted and aggressive effort to manipulate discussion on social media platforms. Don't forget America. This ... right here ... on this social media platform IS the cyber war battleground. You are the troops. Vote blue no matter who.

If you're American and support the "Bernie or Bust" movement, please take the time to recognize you're a wedge issue. Your voice is amplified by propagandists because a divided USA weakens western democracy. Let's unite and push back. I voted Bernie. But America voted Biden. I consider SCOTUS. Roe v Wade. National Security, and securing future elections as my primary motivation. I'll enthusiastically vote for Biden.

Keep repeating this and stay on message. The Russians keep repeating their mantra. Don't let it go unchallenged.

src yr qts

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO JOE

wanna see #WhatAreYouGonnaDoJoe trending

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

I think I should own up to being one of those people, and I’m sure there’s a lot, who optimistically and naively believed that if we just held our tongues and played the game we could win fair and square and win hearts and minds. And that was an abject failure. The left needs electoralists willing to play absolutely dirty and to focus on an underground insurgency taking over state and local level party apparatuses or directly challenging them via third parties for local control, where it’s the easiest to swing.

and we need back room deals with direct action groups where the handshake agreement is that neither one will go hard on criticizing the other and the electoralists will do their best to provide cover for the direct action.

the time for clean liberal democracy is long past. I was a fool to believe otherwise

what we need is a left wing voters' union

separate from the parties, able to say and do the things that decorum won't allow

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
What’d Bernie say

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

"Vote downtickets for progressives"

*checks ballot*

An appointed inherited failson running unopposed for state congress, a lovely incumbent senator, and a local race involving literally an insurance agent pushing for public option and a no name old man pushing the same with theironly difference being their ages.

Yeah I am just voting for Bernie.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

that was a good statement, good job bernie

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

spacemang_spliff posted:

What’d Bernie say

"hey Joe, gently caress around and find out. see u Sunday slapnutz"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'd like to vote for whoever is replacing Kennedy III but everybody's from Brookline and I have no idea how to differentiate these people.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Good statements but if he doesn't blindsided and bamboozle Joe with anecdotes about his abhorrent record it won't work

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1237788901303037955?s=21

Bernie is out for loving blood

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:mmmhmm:

quote:

so let me get this straight

:allears:

quote:

Democrats voted for electability (basically trying to guess how someone you've never met will vote)

:airquote:

quote:

by picking someone that appeals to Trump voters and Republicans, who has a 90% approval rating among Republicans.

:smuggo:

quote:

To do this, the democrats alienated everyone under 50 and their entire progressive wing.

:hellyeah:

quote:

Do democrats have a plan for when the economy isn't in recession and coronavirus hasn't wiped out all old people by November?

:a2m:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

shut....... the....... gently caress............ up....................... liberal

https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/status/1237787803393589248

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

that speech kind of made me depressed because in the scenario where biden does get the nomination, very little if anything at all is going to be done about those problems bernie listed

& no i will not vote down ticket either if Biden is the nominee because my democratic option is charlie loving crist

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

separate from the parties, able to say and do the things that decorum won't allow

that would be called a party in any sensible voting system, where the party would then decide if it wanted to join a coalition with other party/parties

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

galenanorth posted:

The people calling any opposition as being motivated by Russia, especially encouraged by bot-posting, just makes me want to vote third party to have it on record that people opposed actually exist in real life and not cyberspace

They're addressing like formal and extremely pompous public announcements to "the bots" so it's unclear whether they literally believe there are sapient Russian androids running around or it's morphed into a generic insult for non-shitlib or they just all have terminal Biden Brain and whatever they say only coincidentally resembles a coherent English sentence

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

good

:corona:

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

it's too bad nobody seems to loving care

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

"Vote downtickets for progressives"

*checks ballot*

An appointed inherited failson running unopposed for state congress, a lovely incumbent senator, and a local race involving literally an insurance agent pushing for public option and a no name old man pushing the same with theironly difference being their ages.

Yeah I am just voting for Bernie.

lol my local school board election last election had 2 open positions and 3 candidates:

1. Woman who was a retired lifelong teacher currently serving on the board
2. 30-something white guy running on Using A Technology and Data-Driven Approach to improve the schools
3. Old white guy who started his response to every single question with "As the CEO of a construction company,"

guess which 2 won

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

already melting down

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it's wild how twitter has allowed us to see the next gen of dem establishment worms come up in real time

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1237759586951745536

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Don Pigeon posted:

it's too bad nobody seems to loving care

we're down like a quarter of a percent of the total, gently caress you

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RaySmuckles posted:

I think you’re conceptually on the right track but I don’t think organizing around something as ephemeral as voting will have staying power. for unions to succeed people need a material stake in them, which is why we see labor and tenant unions.

we need union members to aggressively radicalize and begin pushing our stale union leadership. I work for one of the major logistics companies the Teamsters represents and the membership wanted to strike last year and the leadership vetoed. when they struck in the 90s they brought world logistics to its knees. there is immense power in labor radicalization.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ah, I see, our best play is to extract concessions from a party and its chosen candidate, both of which literally believe in absolutely nothing except ensuring that absolutely everybody to their left is absolutely destroyed, and both of which have stated emphatically that they will give no ear to progressives but will consider a Republican as VP

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MizPiz posted:

I loving demand a poll of the olds that specifically lays out how many voted with this mindset

https://twitter.com/DavidAstinWalsh/status/1237538753511481344?s=19

Everyone over 55 should drop dead.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Percelus posted:

no other candidate running has ongoing corruption scandal, decades of questionable political decisions and a melting brain

drat they really picked a winner

Quoting this post from 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Bernie hasn’t been mathematically eliminated even what possible reason is there for him to drop out?