Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I left years ago and came back to find some dragon ring I bought for like 500k was now worth like 18mil. Didn't make me rich but was a nice cash injection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Resting Lich Face posted:

Managed to recover my account from like a decade ago. I don't know why.

Maybe I'll see about this goonscape thing... if I have anything left.

I imagine the millions of gold I had years ago is about worthless now.

Everything is easier now, including making gold.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Drunk and considering coming back to this. Is Elf City still ridiculously AFKable?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Hajj Podge posted:

Drunk and considering coming back to this. Is Elf City still ridiculously AFKable?

It's not as crazily broken in xp/hr as it was when first launched, but its still very very afkable and good xp.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It feels good for RS3 to finally get a bank that's as awesome as OSRS' and not utter dogshit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Did RS3 finally get the bank remake? I haven't checked in in literal years.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Did RS3 finally get the bank remake? I haven't checked in in literal years.

Yes. There was a beta for the past 2 months, and just got added to the main client with little issues. Actually has placeholders, and item icons are pre-loaded beforehand so the item icons no longer take time to load in whenever you open up your bank. It's basically good as OSRS' bank now.

Behold the utter horror that is my bank. It's gonna take a while to organize all this.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 1, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
R[E/N]scape warnig:

So some random dude has latched onto me in-game. I think he's just sad and lonely. The issue is he keeps buying me expensive items (Armadyl, blood fury, luck of the dwarves, grace of the elves, thousands of dragon bones for my prayer). He's saying it's because he wants someone to boss with (and we've done some bossing, it's fun) but I'm worried he's wanting an e-girlfriend... I'm worried the friendship is getting transactional and feel like I'm taking advantage. What do?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Tell him you need a full nox set to start bossing with him and then ignore him entirely

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

R[E/N]scape warnig:

So some random dude has latched onto me in-game. I think he's just sad and lonely. The issue is he keeps buying me expensive items (Armadyl, blood fury, luck of the dwarves, grace of the elves, thousands of dragon bones for my prayer). He's saying it's because he wants someone to boss with (and we've done some bossing, it's fun) but I'm worried he's wanting an e-girlfriend... I'm worried the friendship is getting transactional and feel like I'm taking advantage. What do?

:sever:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

R[E/N]scape warnig:

When I was a youngin' playing on library computers I had a girl character. Well some guy latched onto me like this but since I was a kid I was like "golly this person sure is nice" and just kept hanging out with them.

After like a week of this he asks to me to be his runescape gf and I'm all "dude I'm a very young boy lol" and he lost his god drat mind. He called me a bunch of names and threatened to kill me irl lol.

So I might be biased when I say give him back his poo poo and tell him to stop doing it. Tell him you like earning your stuff in game. If he doesn't like it then tell him it makes you uncomfortable, if he doesn't respect you because you nicely asked for him to respect your wishes then block him and lol

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Same but it was the best money maker I had when I was 12.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
My account was hijacked and I lost all my stuff so if I ever start again I might just change to a girl and get some freebies.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Help i want to join goonsquad. I'm MrFredRogers in game

Black Hole Bowser
Dec 31, 2007
plunderer of outer space
Just joined the discord as yzyszn#0711, if someone can verify me so I can start playing OSRS with goons instead of trying to find a community that isn't garbage on /r/2007scape!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Joined the discord as Asehujiko#3888.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I rejoined the discord and probably need to be verified. I’m MouseFamiliar#0139

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone still play this game? I got bored waiting for the new league in PoE and I ended up watching Runescape videos about various weird money making methods which made me interested in this game. Right now I've just been grinding mining/smithing on a FTP account. Its fairly mindless but I'm enjoying the "click on the shiny bit" minigame

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I haven’t played for a good long while but the recent updates do look good... Does anyone have any opinions on RS3 mobile though? How does it translate?

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Our goon disc is pretty much always active, more for RS3 than OSRS but there are active players for both. Grab the link in the OP and come hang, it's one of the chillest goon discs I hang in.

ETA: We also have a clan with max citadel so come grab your free 3-6% bonus xp mod every week.

As for mobile, besides some annoying very beta flavored problems it's perfectly functional, I use it often. The dying Chinese corporation that bought Jagex clearly sees it as the cash printer it absolutely will be so it gets updated and fixes pretty regularly.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 7, 2020

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

ThePagey posted:

ETA: We also have a clan with max citadel so come grab your free 3-6% bonus xp mod every week.

Proud of you guys to hear it's still maxed, I presumed it died down to nothing years ago when posting died down in here~

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Manyorcas posted:

Proud of you guys to hear it's still maxed, I presumed it died down to nothing years ago when posting died down in here~

Our orcas are now few, but proud.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

The lack of posting here is inversely proportional to the gooniness going on in discord.

Rutibex posted:

Does anyone still play this game? I got bored waiting for the new league in PoE and I ended up watching Runescape videos about various weird money making methods which made me interested in this game. Right now I've just been grinding mining/smithing on a FTP account. Its fairly mindless but I'm enjoying the "click on the shiny bit" minigame

As for this, I've seen a few returning or new goons ask nicely and usually a goon will front you a bond for 14 days of membership, during which you can click on more high value shiny bits to pay them back/pay for your own membership.

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I haven’t played for a good long while but the recent updates do look good... Does anyone have any opinions on RS3 mobile though? How does it translate?

Gameplay is as good, the UI could use some polish in areas (citadel sticks out in my mind).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
mobile is pretty good for anything not too comlex. i think the only thing i wouldnt do is serious bossing because the action bars are pretty limited and movement can ne a little finicky if you fat finger the wrong space

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blacula posted:

As for this, I've seen a few returning or new goons ask nicely and usually a goon will front you a bond for 14 days of membership, during which you can click on more high value shiny bits to pay them back/pay for your own membership.

How easy is it to grind membership when you already have it? I assume that most of the F2P money making activities are too low end to ever be worth it. In EVE Online once you reach a certain point its quite easy to never pay. I wouldn't mind that here, I find the economy in this game fascinating.

Anyway I have been having a good time just making armor! This is Tethelle the blacksmith, she works day and night to put her kids through Rune-College making armor sets. Its fairly AFK kind of work, no one is going to kill me so I listen to podcasts:

I am making decent money at the Grand Exchange just trading in the armor sets. I have enough smithing/mining to make Adamantite sets and those sell pretty well. I should hit Rune Armor pretty soon and I think that is where F2P blacksmithing caps out? I donno, I've made about a million gold so far selling these armor sets. I don't really know what to spend it on. I figure once I have enough money I might try just buy-low/sell-high on the exchange to make money? That always worked in EVE

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's easy once you reach a certain point with slayer and bossing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I reached a high enough level in mining/blacksmithing that I can make Rune equipment. It sells for a pretty good profit! I have made about 6m so far just selling stuff I smith. According to a market tracking web site a bond is only 24m. So I should be able to buy one pretty easily just smithing rune equipment and saving up. In the mean time I have started on another skill. Tethelle the Smith is now Tethelle the Lumberjack (and also pyromaniac)!

Its been a lot easier to level up this skill, as I was able to smith a full set of each tier of hatches for myself before I started. I'm enjoying Runescape its very chill and it reminds me of Ultima Online a bit, but tighter and more well designed.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Is that a plugin to give old items old sprites or have they just never been updated?

Not a criticism I'm just surprised to see the same log sprites in 2020 Runescape 3.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Is that a plugin to give old items old sprites or have they just never been updated?

Not a criticism I'm just surprised to see the same log sprites in 2020 Runescape 3.

Logs still look like logs, and that's ok.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I can assure you that I have no need to make Runescape logs look older than they are. Those logs are the real deal

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The item sprites in Runescape are really the 3D models given an outline at a specific angle and aren't true sprites.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I'm back for my biennial bout with RS3 since I guess I'm WFH for the next month+. gwrtheyrn#3104 on discord.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Archeology is here!

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/game-update-the-new-skill-archaeology-is-here

Runescape's first new skill since the last skill. There surely will be clicking involved. Let us all watch people make horrible decisions in their haste to reach 99/120 first!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blacula posted:

Archeology is here!

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/game-update-the-new-skill-archaeology-is-here

Runescape's first new skill since the last skill. There surely will be clicking involved. Let us all watch people make horrible decisions in their haste to reach 99/120 first!

lol at this game. They really know their audience

quote:

Upon logging in on March 30th, you will lose:
Max Cape
Completionist Cape
Trimmed Completionist Cape
Gatherer’s Cape

If you achieve 99 Archaeology during the six-month grace period, you will get your Completionist and Trimmed Capes back, as well as the Max Cape for reaching 99. If you don’t complete this requirement by the end of the grace period, you will have to reach 120 Archaeology to get your Completionist and Trimmed Capes.

Archaeology is jam-packed with new Achievements, and some of them are required to get your Completionist Cape - so keep an eye out, and start checking them off your list now!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Working from home has me trying rs3 for the first time after playing osrs forever. Was planning on making my account an Ironman but apparently I’d already done the rs3 tutorial so i figured I’d just try to do as much by myself as possible.

Why in gods name is an iron crossbow 39 fletching.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
Joined the discord as Pengulino#8647

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Archaeology's got me playing again.

Also joined the Discord, Keita#4730

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
If anyone is jumping back in with Arch and needs anything, wants any tips, or is interested in doing PVM or high level content and hasn't before feel free to hit me up--prioritizing Archaeology mostly but I'm happy to help people out. RSN is Veganviansie, also on the disc, go ahead and @ me.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Is it correct that the player number stats on the front page of the site includes both FLRS3 and OSRS? I started playing OS with a few friends last week and gave 3 a shot today. I do like how it got rid of a lot of the tedium of OS, it's kind of disappointing if it really does have like 1/10 the player count.

Also I hopped into the discord as i vomit kittens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
Honestly, I don't know, I just know that 95% percent of my interactions with pubbies organically in either OSRS or RS3 have been complete dogshit so my current stance is that as long as the GE works and there are other avenues of planning things I don't even remotely care.

By that I mean: there are a huge amount of RS3 players, but regardless of the numbers if you want to play with not shitheels you should find discord servers, friend chats, or Clans that fit your needs--I'm happy to point you in the right direction for RS3 depending on your interests