Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

let's go meti baby love da meti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

let's go meti baby love da meti

da three mastahs should have dere kneecaps broken in da trunk of a Cadillac.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

da universe is shaped likea wheel, representin' tha intersection of ingredients of a perfect alfredo sauce

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

making myself immune to coronavirus through a strict series of breathing exercises

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

ThaumPenguin posted:

making myself immune to coronavirus through a strict series of breathing exercises

A continuous coughing motion?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

A continuous coughing motion?

If you never stop to inhale, the coronavirus can't get breathed in *taps forehead, accidentally ki rata's my head off*

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Ted posted:

If you never stop to inhale, the coronavirus can't get breathed in *taps forehead, accidentally ki rata's my head off*

This is why you learn Head of John.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

This is why you learn Head of John.

All that will do is cause your head to ricochet around the room

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1238672466819629057

Well here we go again

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That's a hosed up deal, alright.

Also: dang, SniperWoreConverse, you're Forming ref a week or so back is looking downright clairvoyant.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Of course it's a cycle.

Zoss you fuckin rear end in a top hat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Juggs is a lot more coherent and self-aware in her ideology than I was expecting.

Certainly seems inaccurate to call her a fascist, given that her whole thing is that she's completely sick of the constant cycle of purifying violence that is the K6BD multiverse (and the fascist ideal, according to Mussolini and Gentile) and wants to end it by any means necessary.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like a good old fashioned clobbering.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dumb thought, if this is a literal cycle was Zaid the heir in a previous one?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Juggs is a lot more coherent and self-aware in her ideology than I was expecting.

Certainly seems inaccurate to call her a fascist, given that her whole thing is that she's completely sick of the constant cycle of purifying violence that is the K6BD multiverse (and the fascist ideal, according to Mussolini and Gentile) and wants to end it by any means necessary.

i dont even know shes fascist to speak of, she just seems tired of existence

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
recall that Juggernaut Star's reaction to mortal ambition is "i find it hilarious" because its all so pointless to her, and then she straight up tells Maya "I'm tired"

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Stormgale posted:

ngl im kinda getting that vibe

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm thinking it's more a metaphorical cycle than a literal one, y'all

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also, oh no vigilant gaze

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you've heard these words before

now i'll show you what they really mean

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Stormgale posted:

No, I think Zoss was.

flatluigi posted:

Maybe, but who says that Zoss himself was the first conquering king at all?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
What if Zoss is the bad guy? One of the under texts mentions he hates the concept of divinity and maybe he's trying to undo Yisun's biggest lie.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 14, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Patware posted:

you've heard these words before

now i'll show you what they really mean
10VG is about to punch Juggs with more than 100% of his power.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

flatluigi posted:

It's literal enough that Juggs is traumatised as gently caress by it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Darth Walrus posted:

metaphorical in the same way "a cycle of violence" is a metaphor and not literal in the sense of "this comic takes place in a time loop"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Darth Walrus posted:

:yossame:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

flatluigi posted:

metaphorical in the same way "a cycle of violence" is a metaphor and not literal in the sense of "this comic takes place in a time loop"

Maybe, but she does seem to believe it's a bit more explicitly structured than that, rotating around a single Conquering King.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

So now I'm starting to think it goes like this:

The previous King of Heaven (Yisun) abandons heaven. The universe goes into decline.

The Heir (Zoss) rises to power, subjugates the angels, and establishes a new heaven. The universe begins to ascend again.

The previous King of Heaven (Zoss) abandons heaven. The universe goes into decline.

The Heir (Allison) is rising to power....

If it keeps going like this, I'd say the previous previous King of Heaven had an X name, and the one who'll replace Allison will have a B name.

I also suspect that the in-universe stories we have naming Yisun as the Creator of the universe are only because the historical record can only remember Zoss as the historical King and just myths and legends about his predecessor. Give it another cycle and Zoss will be the one remembered as the Creator, while Allison is the King who's exploits are known. Give it one more and Allison will be the Creator and "B" will be the King, and "C" the Heir, and so on. Which means that if this has been going on since the original "A" then this is the 27th Heir who's ascending. No wonder the angels are so loving tired.

And THAT'S only if this is just the first time through the alphabet!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Universal Metaconstant doesn't use the English alphabet.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

pseudorandom name posted:

Universal Metaconstant doesn't use the English alphabet.

So the Aurabesh or whatever they actually use is being translated for our puny mortal minds into something that resembles English sufficiently for us to see an echo of the pattern that exists in the Real Tongue.

I'll go further and say that the cycle repeats only in broad strokes. That, for instance, it was Zoss' attempt to derail the cycle that led him to try the whole "I'll share the power of the key with the 777,777 best and brightest philosophers and wise rulers in the universe" only to watch it all go to poo poo anyway. And that his last attempt, before getting decapitated, was to try to assign the power not to a great warrior, wise sage, or powerful mage, but to a girl he picked entirely at random, hoping that she wouldn't succumb to the same temptations.

Which, to be honest, hasn't entirely been working out for him so far.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Maybe Juggs at some point had the narrative role of White Chain if we're going with a literal constant recycling?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'd agree that it's a metaphorical cycle of violence and not a literal timeloop, except for what Zoss says here: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-101/

That lends some credence to the idea that the cycle really is a timeloop. How could Zaid (or Allison) be the first successor he's had if he's making reference to the possibility of other cycles? Maybe there is something like that going on, and only Zoss and Metatron (and Jagganoth...? And Jadis, maybe?) can see it.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing that's happened in this comic.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

finish the cycle of eternal return

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'd agree that it's a metaphorical cycle of violence and not a literal timeloop, except for what Zoss says here: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-101/

That lends some credence to the idea that the cycle really is a timeloop. How could Zaid (or Allison) be the first successor he's had if he's making reference to the possibility of other cycles? Maybe there is something like that going on, and only Zoss and Metatron (and Jagganoth...? And Jadis, maybe?) can see it.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing that's happened in this comic.

Reread that bit. Right after that, we get to see Alison reenact the creation myth in her mind. I wonder how deep the cycle goes...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AriadneThread posted:

finish the cycle of eternal return

Going full Xenosaga.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Xand_Man posted:

Reread that bit. Right after that, we get to see Alison reenact the creation myth in her mind. I wonder how deep the cycle goes...

Well, yeah, I figured that scene in her head was pretty obviously a reference to Yisun. Her and Cio's fight/kiss after kind of is too. I guess those tie into the theme of cycles, but I'm also saying there also could literally be an eternal timeloop.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm of the thought that the angels have seen the cycle play out on the small scale billions of times, and on the planet scale at least a few tens of thousands.

Allison marks the start of the first restart of the same cycle on the infinite cosmic scale, and hence the first real chance to break the loop on every scale.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm thinking maybe the only angels (left) that know the true nature of the cycle are Metatron and the Thorns (through knowledge imparted by Metatron). All the angels other than the Primes are much younger and born after Zoss came, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
dang the k6bd universe is dark souls