Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Or just don't vote at all! Odds are you'll have to choose between chuds and wannabe-Biden shitlibs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

pyrotek posted:

Or just don't vote at all! Odds are you'll have to choose between chuds and wannabe-Biden shitlibs anyway.

I honestly haven't checked my primary results this year out of fear

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A

Except it's "just don't vote"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Besides not voting at all gives extra power to "who knows why we lost? guess we gotta get more racist :shrug:"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

ikanreed posted:

Besides not voting at all gives extra power to "who knows why we lost? guess we gotta get more racist :shrug:"

this is the biggest reason not to just stay at home. voting third party is unambiguous about the platform your vote represents support for.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Ruzihm posted:

this is the biggest reason not to just stay at home. voting third party is unambiguous about the platform your vote represents support for.

literally write in bernie so they know exactly why they lost

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

It's time to make the Breunig gambit real, folks.

Bernie was the carrot.

It's time for the stick.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

you think we tanked 2 elections?

wanna make it 3?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Gringostar posted:

this is not bad, but voting for third party helps with the 5% popular threshold for campaign funding assistance!

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

ikanreed posted:

There will be no more introspection after 2020 than there was after 2016.

Most states don't even bother to look at write-in votes.

Vote Green Party? Sure, go for it. Just don't expect it to make a difference.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
100% not voting for president period if dear bernie is not the nom.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Vote for someone, if only so you don't contribute to the nonvoter bloc the dems think they need to get more racist to court

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Don't loving vote for sniffs tho

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
gently caress austerity and gently caress joe biden

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I am going to write in Bernie Sanders for every position that does not include a decent progressive option.

State senator? Bernie Sanders.
Dog catcher? Bernie Sanders.
Mosquito controller? Bernie Sanders.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

After being harassed by Blue No Matter Who sickos irl and on social media, the very basic premise of forcing me to swallow the poo poo sandwich of voting for someone who stands in complete opposite of my own political beliefs is totally abhorrent to me and morally offensive.

Also, Joe Biden loving SUCKS poo poo. Toxx me daddy.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

super macho dude posted:

After being harassed by Blue No Matter Who sickos irl and on social media, the very basic premise of forcing me to swallow the poo poo sandwich of voting for someone who stands in complete opposite of my own political beliefs is totally abhorrent to me and morally offensive.

Also, Joe Biden loving SUCKS poo poo. Toxx me daddy.

people have been telling me that bernie endorsing hillary and campaigning for her is 'fake' and he was 'forced' to endorse her in late july and basically lost the campaign for her.

i told her that i listened to bernie in 2016 and voted hillary but i wont be listening and voting biden this year and got instantly blocked. even though she was the one messaging me???

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:lol: if you voted for Hillary in 2016

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

super macho dude posted:

ngl writing in Hillary Clinton in 2020 would be pretty drat hilarious

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Syenite posted:

Vote for someone, if only so you don't contribute to the nonvoter bloc the dems think they need to get more racist to court

I don't give a poo poo if democrats decide to take off the mask and show everyone how racist they have always been. Anything to accelerate their inevitable decline is fine by me.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

super macho dude posted:

yeah but as someone who didn't vote for her (or Trump) b/c was safe Dem and I felt I had the luxury of not endorsing her there is still a pretty massive difference in my mindset this time

I'd said I wouldn't vote for any dynastic candidates before the election but when it became apparent Trump was the nominee I took a step back and decided to reluctantly vote for Clinton if she ever provided a (credible) positive policy reason to vote for her

she didn't, so I didn't, but I know I'd have almost certainly sucked it up and done so if I was in a swing state

I have less than zero interest in supporting Biden on any level and would not cast a vote for him if I had the potential to swing the entire election (in a situation akin to that terrible Kevin Costner film)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I went to the bar last night and talked to some of my liberal friends. It didn’t matter how I tried to ask the question of what they actually care about or want out of politics, they kept arguing against Bernie. It’s like I could actually see them mentally trapped in a house of mirrors. They have no idea what is coming lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Centrist Committee posted:

I went to the bar last night and talked to some of my liberal friends. It didn’t matter how I tried to ask the question of what they actually care about or want out of politics, they kept arguing against Bernie. It’s like I could actually see them mentally trapped in a house of mirrors. They have no idea what is coming lol

What exactly do these people believe Biden will do differently than Trump? Beyond rhetoric that's marginally less racist and considerably less coherent.

They have no idea what Joe Biden is, or what he represents. But he's OUR GUY and democrats == good people, I mean Obama was a great guy and the best president ever, right?

The NPC meme was so spot on, lmao

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Just say no to obiden bama democrats

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Code Jockey posted:

What exactly do these people believe Biden will do differently than Trump? Beyond rhetoric that's marginally less racist and considerably less coherent.

They have no idea what Joe Biden is, or what he represents. But he's OUR GUY and democrats == good people, I mean Obama was a great guy and the best president ever, right?

That’s the thing, no matter how I phrased it, their answers always bent back to raging against Bernie Sanders. It was like some kind of subconscious defense that prevented them from pondering the future. In some ways I think they’re taking this primary turn worse than most Bernie supporters. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

For a lot of well off people there is literally no difference between bush obama or trump on their day to day lives. Just tell them trump is gone and things rock now and it's good enough for them.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Gringostar posted:

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Not gonna debase myself by voting for piece of poo poo Joe Biden.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I will never vote for Joe Biden

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Hmm, what is the ultimate spite vote.

Bernie is obvious
Warren but I dont think they would get the joke
Trump is off limits, don jr maybe?
Vladimir Putin
Hillary is a strong contender here
Bo Jiden
Green Party but that's too serious

Some good ones here but nothing really feels right. Probably ol berno, like a nice cigarette before the firing squad.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Acelerion posted:

Bernie is obvious
Vladimir Putin
Bo Jiden

Some good ones here but nothing really feels right. Probably ol berno, like a nice cigarette before the firing squad.

jeb! is the ultimate spite vote imo

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I'm a dog faced pony solider

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Acelerion posted:

Bernie is obvious
Vladimir Putin
Bo Jiden

Some C-tier Russiagate figure. Find a random Maddow clip from 2018 and (try to) write down the most Russian name that you've never heard of before

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Bernie is the best spite vote. If he actually gets a percent or two of write-ins, it'll be abundantly obvious how much people loving hate Biden and this garbage DNC.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Centrist Committee posted:

That’s the thing, no matter how I phrased it, their answers always bent back to raging against Bernie Sanders. It was like some kind of subconscious defense that prevented them from pondering the future. In some ways I think they’re taking this primary turn worse than most Bernie supporters. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I know people like this and it's amazing how far they will go to draw the wrong conclusions from all of the evidence they receive that contradicts their worldview, they all believe they are good people, so how could their guy be wrong? even if they will benefit in some way from bernie's policy proposals, their critical thinking skills just fly out the window when you mention his name. I know libs who think Bernie is a racist and a misogynist and they will no lie embarrass themselves in public with a full-on shitfit meltdown before admitting that he's in any way a good person, let alone a good policy-haver, they actually want people passing by to hear them screaming about Bernie and lying about who he is, amazing and bizarre behavior, but we are the ones acting like children

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

joe sucks and he's a stupid rear end in a top hat

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It's pretty funny that the candidate the DNC is trying to force me to vote for is the one most likely to threaten me with violence if I protested him

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Fleetwood posted:

I know people like this and it's amazing how far they will go to draw the wrong conclusions from all of the evidence they receive that contradicts their worldview, they all believe they are good people, so how could their guy be wrong? even if they will benefit in some way from bernie's policy proposals, their critical thinking skills just fly out the window when you mention his name. I know libs who think Bernie is a racist and a misogynist and they will no lie embarrass themselves in public with a full-on shitfit meltdown before admitting that he's in any way a good person, let alone a good policy-haver, they actually want people passing by to hear them screaming about Bernie and lying about who he is, amazing and bizarre behavior, but we are the ones acting like children

The bolded part is it in a nutshell, they've projected themselves onto the Democratic Party and cannot disavow it without disavowing themselves.

00's Republicans acted exactly the same way. EXACTLY the same. Democrats just replaced Islam with Russia and picked up where GWB left off.

If your political ideology is downstream from a commitment to reason and/or compassion you see these things coming before it's too late. Lots of people don't.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

compassion and empathy are big, yeah. If you tell some moderates a current policy is barbaric, they say, "that's just the way the world has always been," as if that's a mature answer, then they go on to contradict themselves repeatedly. wild stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Fleetwood posted:

compassion and empathy are big, yeah. If you tell some moderates a current policy is barbaric, they say, "that's just the way the world has always been," as if that's a mature answer, then they go on to contradict themselves repeatedly. wild stuff

Also, it's not even the way the world has been, it's only the way the US has been