Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

FBS posted:

Is... that supposed to be a minifigure or what? My brain can't parse that image
It's standing on 3 2x2 blocks, which suggests it's about 4 studs wide. I know this still doesn't answer the big question of "what the gently caress"

edit: some quick checking for leaked info: looks like 13 sets and a CMF series. That's a pretty enormous commitment to a first wave for ANY series.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FBS posted:

looks like duplo if anything

looks bad, actually

the printed brick and ? blocks look good, though

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This in Lego when?

Might actually be the first time I buy minifigs...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
If nothing else LEGO finally getting Nintendo's IP away from Megablocks is a good sign that there could be future sets of other Nintendo properties. Legend of Zelda when

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Megablocks had a Nintendo license? I only remember some Pokemon stuff which is not a 100% Nintendo IP.

Also, I think it's a rather brilliant move from Lego. They hit the nostalgic factor for old folks (like I'd buy that LttP Link pulling out the Mastersword in a heartbeat), as well as create a chance of creating some very cool playsets for kids which play around with mario maker and stuff. Most of the 2D mario levels could be made with bricks, kids could create their own "levels" and play through them. Older kids (like me) could create their favourite 2d mario levels and place them on the shelve.

And don't get me started about Zelda...

(I don't think Metroid is popular enough, but also UCS Isabelle when?)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would buy all the Zelda LEGO. And at least give me one Metroid set. Preferably more.

Love Mario but I’d probably only be interested in the mini figures.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

FBS posted:

it looks like it's a reference to an old Gameboy game (Super Mario Land 2) that had a LEGO inspired level.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I want all the Zelda LEGOs. I'd brush the dust off every day, maybe even two times a day (while all my other Lego piles up in dust). I'd play it Zelda soundtracks so it knows it is home, where it belongs. I'd put a bottle of milk next to it, and maybe even buy a small horse and an ocarina. I might even learn to play the ocarina.

Actually I won't do any of that because :effort: but please oh please Lego give me Zelda Lego.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

tuo posted:

(but also UCS Isabelle when?)
Sold. LEGO, just say the word and I'll throw money at it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/Nujaka_Knight/status/1237369226480029696

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Todd212/status/1237403140481318914

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gimme

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

tuo posted:

Megablocks had a Nintendo license? I only remember some Pokemon stuff which is not a 100% Nintendo IP.

Megablox has Pokémon, but that’s a separate company, so they play a little fast and loose with licensing. K’nex had the Mario license, and their mini figures were pretty good, but I’m interested to see what Lego will do with Mario.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Probably do like their Disney line and just have a molded head that looks exactly like Mario on a minifig body

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

tuo posted:

You're right, I must have seen the Pokemon merch and simply hallucinated other licences into existence. There may even be other mario building toys. Who knows

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I want to say K’nex had the Mario license because they did a bunch of Kart sets and a CMF type line with the characters. I have their Wario and Donkey Kong laying around somewhere.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Give me all the Nintendo legos

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The LEGO of Zelda.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I had this as a kid and as a set it sucked, but as piece supply it was very good

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The LEGO of Zelda
Makuta's Mask

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nice.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

tuo posted:

I want all the Zelda LEGOs. I'd brush the dust off every day, maybe even two times a day (while all my other Lego piles up in dust). I'd play it Zelda soundtracks so it knows it is home, where it belongs. I'd put a bottle of milk next to it, and maybe even buy a small horse and an ocarina. I might even learn to play the ocarina.

Actually I won't do any of that because :effort: but please oh please Lego give me Zelda Lego.

Zelda legos? They’re a thing. I’ve got the Kopf figs and they’re surprisingly better than expected :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The places this poo poo can go are infinite and I'm stoked as all hell.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Do any of you nerds realize just how cool a Koopa airship is going to be in Lego form?

This is gonna be loving awesome.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't forget it could be going the other way, like a mario themed LEGO game. Or a LEGO themed tile set for Mario maker.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope it goes all ways.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

To my eyes it looks like the top of that Mario fig disconnects from the body. Probably to swap out and charge or to change for a more traditional none electronic component. This also means that Mario and Luigi can use the same body. Wario too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t think that’s meant to be a literal thing that’s going to be released.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
We have a setlist leak for Mario

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mKcrZJDUf/

As far as the teaser goes, maybe it's the fig size, looks to be 4 studs wide plus arms, would be interesting I guess for displays.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 11, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Wow, that's a pretty decent sized push. That's bigger than some of Lego's own theme waves.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Scipiotik posted:

We have a setlist leak for Mario

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mKcrZJDUf/

As far as the teaser goes, maybe it's the fig size, looks to be 4 studs wide plus arms, would be interesting I guess for displays.

Lol at ~$67 USD for 231 pieces

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Maybe it will have some kind of electronic component?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I knew there would be a Star Wars style mark up, but yikes. Some of those prices are bad.

I'm just hoping I don't want all the sets. Ideally, I won't want any of them. Realistically, I will buy many. Sigh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dogen posted:

Maybe it will have some kind of electronic component?

a buildable zelda treasure chest that when opened plays the jingle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvODpHnV9o4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lol at ~$67 USD for 231 pieces

I'm guessing some large prebuilt poo poo and a lot of new molds and colors.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

maybe buildable amiibos? I mean one dollar per part can't be right, unless it might be an amiibo?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tuo posted:

maybe buildable amiibos? I mean one dollar per part can't be right, unless it might be an amiibo?

LEGO Dimensions making a sneak comeback?

Also, I just saw the listing for the ship from the Mandalorian on Amazon and it says it's Amazon exclusive, is that really the case? I hate that I won't be able to get VIP points if I pick it up now. :(

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

You mean this one? https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-razor-crest-75292

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Builds like this Unikitty / UCS Batmobile mashup always make me smile.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/03/11/if-youre-going-to-build-something-goofy-go-all-in/#more-199452

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

I love that the only other image on that product is just baby Yoda. LEGO sure do know what the people want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bet you could buy that set and get at least 1/4th of your money back just selling baby yoda on ebay.