Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

You two make great points, and I am switching immediately :dogcited:

Are there any AC emotes here? I need to incorporate them into constant use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Johnny Truant posted:

:jpmf:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Can't wait to wear ice cream poop on my head.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:swoon:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Palmtree Panic posted:

Can't wait to wear ice cream poop on my head.

You can do that right now :ssh:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

The real reason to get AC digitally is that you can play it whenever even if you have another game's cart in. Animal Crossing is a low-dose long-time game so it would just be a hassle to have to fish that little square in and out all the time.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has anyone done Giorno's theme from JoJos?

This was my plan

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a good emote for any occasion, but extremely fitting for the thread

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

TurnipFritter posted:

Given the way world events are currently playing out i wouldn't put much stock in "this will be delivered by this date, guaranteed"

It comes out in a week and a half, these things are already sitting in us warehouses. Now, if Amazon shuts down delivery (in the us assumedly) in the next week and a half, but you've probably got bigger problems then.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So one island per console is what I heard. What's the thought, then, for multiple console owners? Does cartridge make any extra sense here or less sense than normal?

It sounds like it probably doesn't matter whose account actually starts the game in this case and there is basically no casual cloud save support. But I haven't followed enough to hear if you get shared bells etc.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm trying to figure out where I can get a second switch for cheap. My wife realized we're gonna have to take turns playing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Chronojam posted:

So one island per console is what I heard. What's the thought, then, for multiple console owners? Does cartridge make any extra sense here or less sense than normal?

It sounds like it probably doesn't matter whose account actually starts the game in this case and there is basically no casual cloud save support. But I haven't followed enough to hear if you get shared bells etc.

The game saves to the console itself, I think, so a cartridge wouldn't let you take that town between consoles. I could be very much misremembering so feel free to correct me.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
:jpmf: is officially the best emote

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Framboise posted:

:jpmf: is officially the best emote

:yeah:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.facebook.com/135507973163547/posts/2757863120928006/?d=n&substory_index=0

quote:

Pre-Order: Nintendo Switch Console Animal Crossing New Horizons Edition $299.99 via Military Exchange (Military Only). http://ow.ly/oTLf30qp6Zp

I know some folks are still looking, if this helps.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

So heeeeeeeey VideoGames made me an IK for realises.

Which means I get to abuse my powers and will queue up gangtags until the launch of AC:NH.
After that, you'll need to buy them.

I'll do the next batch when I get home from work today.

I would like to be a Raccoon Goon underneath my So Tasty! Have to be ready for my friend Resetti.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Mind if I get the raccoon goon tag too?

I don’t mind losing the text in my avatar.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Der-Wreck posted:

Mind if I get the raccoon goon tag too?

I don’t mind losing the text in my avatar.

Just pay lowtax $5 and add it as an [img] tag in your avatar text

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FLEENSTONES?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kaethela posted:

The game saves to the console itself, I think, so a cartridge wouldn't let you take that town between consoles. I could be very much misremembering so feel free to correct me.

This is correct.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

jackhunter64 posted:

Best I could do by ear:

Do you think you could do the chorus from Guts' Theme from the original Berserk? :pray:

https://youtu.be/dIoILN_KrhU

You'd rlly be doing me a solid

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 12, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

omfg I wonder if I can make my title GRAND DAD

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isle of GRAND DAD.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

So heeeeeeeey VideoGames made me an IK for realises.

Which means I get to abuse my powers and will queue up gangtags until the launch of AC:NH.
After that, you'll need to buy them.

I'll do the next batch when I get home from work today.

Oh yeah, thank you a super lot. I’m very excited to brighten up my avatar area with some nook.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Hahahaha. This owns.

Also, please release early Nintendo!!!!!

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

This could make anyone post.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Infinitum posted:

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

May I please have a tag? Thank you!

I tricked myself into thinking it was next week already and kept thinking this Friday was AC day. Now I feel like the wait is going to be so much longer.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Share your town tunes!

I've used this one in multiple AC games before so I'm looking to mix it up. Show me what you got.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Walrus Pete posted:

Share your town tunes!

I've used this one in multiple AC games before so I'm looking to mix it up. Show me what you got.

:fry:
Haha, enjoying the fact that I can read the tunes directly from the URLs.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237925164890951680

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

For those who still play Pocket Camp here's a preview of items coming to PC at least. This might reveal what will be available from playing PC in NH too and but based on this preview it looks more like what we will get in PC for the event promoting NH.

https://twitter.com/Pocket_Camp/status/1237923766925058048?s=19

Edit:

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237926984283553793?s=19

Protip fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 12, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

If I get any more gang tags they're all going to have to be Nintendo themed. You know, to keep things consistent.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Walrus Pete posted:

Share your town tunes!

Yo.

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=a-d-f-A-s-A-G-s-G-f-f-e-s-G-s-s&title=Fighting%20Evil%20By%20Moonlight

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Walrus Pete posted:

Share your town tunes!

I just made this one up, I think

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Thanks to our newly crowned IK for the gang tag.

Just got a call from EB Games, my special edition Switch is in the building and ready for Friday pickup. Yay that they didn't go bankrupt after I pre-ordered!

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Thank you very much for the tag, just a little over a week left.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

:sickos:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Spooky Scary

This is Halloween

Sadly I haven't found anyone who's turned part of The Time Warp into a good tune.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I see no items based on Cherry, Tiffany or Muffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It was such a beautiful day today, I decided to just sit on my apartment's balcony and strum on my ukulele a bit. A sleepy Animal Crossing tune popped into my head, started playing. Wish I could tell you which one, unfortunately a lot of the tracks in this series is just labeled various times, so it's challenging to look them up. Anyway, someone walking by down below shouted at me, "I can't wait for the 20th!" That was fun.