Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I've been tapering for a while (though with the intent of just getting on the lowest dose), but coming off is an absolute last resort (and "fortunately" you can't die or anything from opiate withdrawal). If it comes to that, I have some extra and could at the very least make it last a while.

I imagine that if it reaches the point that medications completely unrelated to COVID-19 treatment aren't accessible, though, that the situation will be dire to an extent that society will completely cease functioning.

Depends on where it is made. There are already expected shortages of a ton of medications because of China shutting down it just hasn't hit yet because it takes a while to work through the supply chain.

If I had to guess opiates are probably being made in China or their precursors are. Tapering is going to make it a lot easier if you do end up running out. Having extra because you rationed wouldn't be bad either if you have any risk of having the urge to leave your house and go score after being locked inside for a couple weeks and going without.

I've been there man so I know how much it can suck but we do get better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sinteres posted:

This is what convinced me corona killed me and I'm in the bad place.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1237918184293969920

lmao i am broken

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Cowpocalypse posted:

america demolishes hospitals and builds prisons in their place

Good news! They won't let prisoners have soap or hand sanitizer without paying for it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gently caress you, you fanatical disphit. just yesterday you were acting like it was nothing. gently caress off.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

that trump speech is great content holy poo poo
including the bonus pre-blooper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1eOekpDzYA

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Halser posted:

my dear country of Brazil is apparently not panicking over this just yet. Should I go ahead and stock up on beans and TP while I still can?

You live in the country that, when it found a radiotherapy source, spread it as far as humanly possible because it glowed and looked cool

you'll be fine

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

classic whoopsy daisey!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
why would you ban travel from Europe but not the UK? lmao

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
ESPN is the place to be right now for coverage they don't have the same filter regular news does. The jazz and thunder are still In the locker rooms. And need to be 'cleared' but it's not clear by who. Or who. Is even holding them at the arena.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Ytlaya posted:

I've been tapering for a while (though with the intent of just getting on the lowest dose), but coming off is an absolute last resort (and "fortunately" you can't die or anything from opiate withdrawal). If it comes to that, I have some extra and could at the very least make it last a while.

I imagine that if it reaches the point that medications completely unrelated to COVID-19 treatment aren't accessible, though, that the situation will be dire to an extent that society will completely cease functioning.

You can't die but you sure AF feel like you're dying. I'm speaking from personal experience. I've been off opiates since 2010 and benzodiazepines since 2017 (those you can die from seizures)

If I might make a suggestion and ask about clonidine, it really helped me

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat i'm getting hot now... this can't be good !!!

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Dreylad posted:

why would you ban travel from Europe but not the UK? lmao

we're gonna import brits into the country to scare the virus off

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Durf posted:

warning

warning

old men

hope to god it spares my grandma, she’s the only grandparent I’ve got

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pathetic little tramp posted:

The NHL literally couldn't do this if they wanted to because the Stanley Cup is actually owned by a separate corporation and the NHL is awarded the trophy through a partnership with them. Technically, the Stanley Cup people could decide to award it to a random other league the next time there's a lockout.

Just as a side note, the Stanley Cup wasn't awarded during the 1919 season due to the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/athenogenes/status/1237803052834447366

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

SchrodingersCat posted:

Why must you kill fun?

isn't the fact that the stanley cup could legally get awarded to a beer league team the most fun fact of all?

Also, G-League is 100% done:

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1237930856469184519

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Blarghalt posted:

You live in the country that, when it found a radiotherapy source, spread it as far as humanly possible because it glowed and looked cool

you'll be fine

cesium 137 IS cool and good after all

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

pigz posted:

ESPN is the place to be right now for coverage they don't have the same filter regular news does. The jazz and thunder are still In the locker rooms. And need to be 'cleared' but it's not clear by who. Or who. Is even holding them at the arena.

what was the run up to this (outside of dude touching the mics), were they in warm ups and he found out via a test result or did someone come down with symptoms live a la the college coach

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

If you are reading this, you have been in coma for almost 20 years now. We are trying a new technique. We do not know where this message will end up in your dream, but we hope it works.

Please wake up, we miss you.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Shot

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

chaser

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1237922798888046592

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

703 posted:

what was the run up to this (outside of dude touching the mics), were they in warm ups and he found out via a test result or did someone come down with symptoms live a la the college coach

The player was out today they were wiating on test. Rudy was gonna play if test came back negative . It came back positive and those at the arena found out right before tip off. There is another player out and a ref who traveled to the pelicans game. Seems those three are likely showing symptoms.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
I work in Washington DC at a theatre (not saying where, but its the big one your probably thinking of) and I just found out from one of my managers that a show I was supposed to be working on for the next 3 days just got canceled only 10 hours before the event.

All the N95's are..."missing" from the supply rooms.

I have my cans of beans and I'm ready to ride this one out.

And I'm sure this was posted a few days ago, but gently caress this thread is moving fast!
https://twitter.com/SweeneyABC/status/1237018677360410624

IndianaZoidberg fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 12, 2020

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Is this one of you

https://twitter.com/toxons/status/1237929741442854912?s=21

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

hell yeah corona-chan is finally in my state

lmao that it showed up in loving sheridan before cheyenne tho

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gently caress I hope there's still toilet paper at the store. I know my family well enough to know they can't ration tp

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1237936037273403399
prezzy scared

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1237933377044578306

:thunk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NCAA tournament is likely getting canceled tomorrow

https://twitter.com/robinwashut/status/1237921118205423617?s=21
https://twitter.com/robdauster/status/1237931942680674304?s=21

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

gently caress I hope there's still toilet paper at the store. I know my family well enough to know they can't ration tp

shower after you poo poo

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

TMMadman posted:

Just as a side note, the Stanley Cup wasn't awarded during the 1919 season due to the Spanish Flu pandemic.

How dare they even think about this when the Bruins are good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Our first confirmed case

Disgusting Coward posted:

I have/had the roni. Got my official Yep, You A Plaguebearer talk from a doc on the phone today - drat near a month after my poo poo got hosed up. My little plague dot should be appearing in the UK tomorrow.

First symptom I noticed was fairly severe muscular and joint pain. Went to the gym, felt like someone had worked me over after s fairly light weight session. Woke up the next day, headache - mostly caused by fatigue and how stiff my neck was, super sore, feeling pretty damned cozy. Mild nose dribblin', light chesty cough. Over the next couple days got hotter and hotter and coughier and coughier and sorer, with my kidneys in particular hurting like an absolute motherfucker. Went to my bed on the Friday, woke up very confused on the Sunday, havingnhad a couple days of weird nightmare and the occasional "oh poo poo I'm drowning" panicky wake up. Fever sweats a bitch, tightness of chest a weird and unfamiliar feeling, absolutely gently caress that poo poo. Started to feel better, had a couple days of "aigt, just a cold, business resumes" and then BAM, back to fever and coughing and sissy bitch breaths. Repeat a few times, woo woo.

The roni seems to jam the door open for any old poo poo to come in and party with it, cause I also got some weird joint swelling, a bad batch of pinkeye and some kinda weird eczema looking poo poo that I am having good fun itching. Lower back feels stiff and achey, and getting weird electric shock feelings in my left leg when I cough - which is fun with a persistent cough. Assume this is a trapped nerve or some poo poo?

Eventually a friend called NHS 24 or whatever it's called now, went to see a veeeeeery well protected doc in a spacesuit who swabbed and took blood and scraped my throat. Few days later which I guess was today, got the Big Speech. Self isolate, warn every motherfucker you know, don't loving go anywhere. Had already self isolated, bored as poo poo, mostly flopping around coughing and being tired. Found out if I sit in a hot bath it eases the ol' chest. Have no idea whatcday/time suits happened on, since the days are merging and my sleeps an bit jacked. Got a buddy bringing me groceries. Feeling betterish now - less about to die, but still weak and fragile. Went for a walk (I live in a rural area, I wasn't gonna meet anyone to infect don't worry) and was aghast at the ding my staminas taken. Walked a mile, slept like some fucker had tranquilized me. Still feel warm, and the cough randomly comes back, but feeling better. Bless you Papa Nurgle.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

*very stonks voice* Sports

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Agean90 posted:

hell yeah corona-chan is finally in my state

lmao that it showed up in loving sheridan before cheyenne tho

Lmao Wyoming

I bet Colorado peeps spread it to you. It sounds like the biggest cluster is in the Aspen area

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pepperoneedy posted:

Lol I'm supposed to be getting married in three weeks and honeymooning in Las Vegas

Guess we'll see how all that shakes out!

lol

I'm going to a wedding in like 2 weeks and then my wife and I are going to disneyland.

when I get back should I canvass for Biden or Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

I agree with Matt loving Walsh on something