Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Severing posted:

I heard a rumor today (sorry no source, was in a conversation) that Coles and Woolies are sitting on pellets of bog rolls in distribution centers but they are not shipping them out. Apparently photos and statements from employees are behind the claim. The reason offered up was that they prefer it like this as it keeps people going in to check and picking up some milk and a chocolate bar or whatever while they are there.

Probably just baseless rumor, but has anyone else heard of this?

Any photo of the DC toilet paper section is going to look like alladins cave of toilet paper because even under normal circumstances its going to be like 500 pallets in there. Its probably not even physically possible to stockpile more than a normal supply because they dont build these things and then leave pallets spaces vacant for toilet paper schemes that might come up. Tiny companies stake their existence on getting one measly pallet spot in a DC and it'll make or break them, its not something that can be shifted around on a whim. Its extremely valuable real estate.

Another thing is that supermarkets dont make money the way you think they make money and a poo poo cunning trick like this isnt really the level they operate at. At every level of operations every managers bonus is more heavily tied to customer feedback than any kind of financial metric, its 100% in everyones interest for you to get the things you want to buy at the time you go to buy them. Any upset to the customer is personally costing every layer of management money out of their own pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
You (the satisfied customer) are the product and the customers are Kraft and Unilever bidding with eachother to get the most access to you

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once I was reading the details of this campaign and the basic problem they wanted to focus on was some research said like "88% of people shopping for lunch items do not walk down the biscuit aisle". So they go and work out where people are shopping for lunch items, which might be the bananas and the deli. So they buy advertising space and a huge campaign showing pictures of smoked salmon on biscuits next to the bananas and deli. The thing is they dont actually want to sell cruskits or smoke salmon, its just to drive you to walk down the biscuit aisle at lunch time, which is mostly set up to sell you tim tams.

IIRC this was arnotts, but every vendor is spending tons of money to do this level of 4d poo poo with regards to marketing to you in the store. The stores role in this is to provide the people to be advertised to.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

my dealer labels the bags and puts little heart stickers on them and stuff and puts a little extra nug with a thankyou note in it, she's also kinda a hot blonde lady in her 50s

I never knew until just now but that's exactly who I need in my life

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

Once I was reading the details of this campaign and the basic problem they wanted to focus on was some research said like "88% of people shopping for lunch items do not walk down the biscuit aisle". So they go and work out where people are shopping for lunch items, which might be the bananas and the deli. So they buy advertising space and a huge campaign showing pictures of smoked salmon on biscuits next to the bananas and deli. The thing is they dont actually want to sell cruskits or smoke salmon, its just to drive you to walk down the biscuit aisle at lunch time, which is mostly set up to sell you tim tams.

IIRC this was arnotts, but every vendor is spending tons of money to do this level of 4d poo poo with regards to marketing to you in the store. The stores role in this is to provide the people to be advertised to.

Tell us more about secret poo poo that goes on in the shops.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Blow posted:

Tell us more about secret poo poo that goes on in the shops.

Why do you think the payment terminals at petrol bowsers are constantly out of order and/or require you to pay first?

It's to sell you a pack of timtams in the shop where they make all the margins.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

I don't have a dealer tbh

Lucky for you, you just moved.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Shithouse Dave posted:

The first time I bought weed in Australia, my buddy got me a hookup for an oz in the northern beaches, but I didn’t have a car so I just went out on the bus. The dude wrapped it in loving newspaper. Like, where I’m from you have some fuckin ziplock bags kicking around for this poo poo. I had to get the bus back to fuckin Wynyard just reeking of newspaper wrapped bud, terrified I’d meet a transit cop or a regular cop.

I brought a Tupperware the next time tho.

My new weed dealer (the old one OD'd on Fentalnyl) does this melted plastic bag thing.

I guess it's so you can tell if someone has hosed with it?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

You (the satisfied customer) are the product and the customers are Kraft and Unilever bidding with eachother to get the most access to you

And Isaac. Your avatar.

I remember a game on my Apple ][+.

Ultima ][ or something.

I think it was 6 or 8 5¼ floppy discs (disks).

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
A floppy disk, also known as a floppy, diskette, or simply disk, is a type of disk storage composed of a disk of thin and flexible magnetic storage medium, sealed in a rectangular plastic enclosure lined with fabric that removes dust particles. Floppy disks are read and written by a floppy disk drive (FDD).

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

A floppy disk, also known as a floppy, diskette, or simply disk, is a type of disk storage composed of a disk of thin and flexible magnetic storage medium, sealed in a rectangular plastic enclosure lined with fabric that removes dust particles. Floppy disks are read and written by a floppy disk drive (FDD).

I was gunna send you a PM, but I can't be hosed.

Be nice Jestery.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

In the game, the player has to travel to five different time periods of Earth, using time doors. The periods are: Pangea age (about 300 to 250 million years ago), 1423 B.C. ("before the dawn of civilization"), 1990 A.D., the 2112 A.D. aftermath, and the Time of Legends (a timeless period). In 2112 A.D., the player also has to travel to space, where he can visit all the planets in the solar system.

A unique characteristic of Ultima 2 is the strong presence of random events: most items can only be obtained randomly from defeated enemies; when raising the character attributes, the specific attribute raised is selected at random; the maximum values of the character attributes are random, too, because the upgrading process has to stop when any one attribute gets higher than 95, or the character will be punished.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is indeed ultima ii

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

It is indeed ultima ii

:love:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Got woke up by a bunch a tradies talking under my window. Had a firm chat with them but I’m awake now so whatever. Managed to get to IGA before it was picked dry so now I’m 48 rolls the richer. Thanks loud Serb guys.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Isaac posted:

Your supermarket posts are always interesting and/or entertaining.

My weed dealer I have shared stories of before. one time he told me he was on a tight schedule because he had to pick up a package from the post office. he got in my car and told me what the package was. it was speed rollerblades. custom made by the fastest guy in the US, for my dealer, the fastest guy in Australia.

it was definitely believable that this 40+ balding man with a beer gut was the fastest rollerblader in the land.

from that day onwards I call him my speed dealer.

he also offers me 3 different strains and any time I Ask which is better he says 'mate they're all the same just pick one'

my hard-drugs dealer is pretty reliable but definitely going to get caught considering he asks me to pull up out the front of his house and doesnt even bother with the drive around the block tactic. I trid to buy weed off him once and he said 'yeah how many do you want?' and I said 'three' and he said 'three pounds?! you trying to take my customers mate?' I only wanted three ounces.

he recently bought 7000 hits of acid and is trying desperately to move them. offered me a sheet (100 hits) for $300.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 12, 2020

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

Your supermarket posts are always interesting and/or entertaining.

My weed dealer I have shared stories of before. one time he told me he was on a tight schedule because he had to pick up a package from the post office. he got in my car and told me what the package was. it was speed rollerblades. custom made by the fastest guy in the US, for my dealer, the fastest guy in Australia.

it was definitely believable that this 40+ balding man with a beer gut was the fastest rollerblader in the land.

from that day onwards I call him my speed dealer.

he also offers me 3 different strains and any time I Ask which is better he says 'mate they're all the same just pick one'

my hard-drugs dealer is pretty reliable but definitely going to get caught considering he asks me to pull up out the front of his house and doesnt even bother with the drive around the block tactic. I trid to buy weed off him once and he said 'yeah how many do you want?' and I said 'three' and he said 'three pounds?! you trying to take my customers mate?' I only wanted three ounces.

he recently bought 7000 hits of acid and is trying desperately to move them. offered me a sheet (100 hits) for $300.

Umm, cool story.

100 tabs @ $300 = $3 to be able to see the rainbow coloured spheres that consist of reality?

Sweet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Blow posted:

Umm, cool story.

100 tabs @ $300 = $3 to be able to see the rainbow coloured spheres that consist of reality?

Sweet.

every time I have Acid it makes me unable to have conversations and the body load is terrible. makes me think its either not enough, too much, or its not LSD.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im scared to do acid anymore in case its those research chemicals that make you die

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Isaac posted:

Im scared to do acid anymore in case its those research chemicals that make you die

yeah this is my thought too. theres a lot of LSD-like drugs out there that have similar duration and effects with the added bonus of actually being able to kill you. nBOMe being one of them.

Magic Truffles but longer is what I would expect LSD to be like and so far its just been 'fractured headspace/thoughts, blurry wavy vision and muscle spasms/body aches/sweating for 10 hours.

I've had 2 different batches so far and both did the same thing. If I do it again I'll be getting a reagent test kit and following the TCC advice of 'always take two tabs' if its genuine. I've only ever had 1 or half tabs.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

I think mushrooms are "safer". Just don't pick the ones that cause organ failure.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I hope you guys are practicing safe drug use and not sharing bongs or joints. Ice pipes either for that matter.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Hopefully not sharing syringes either if you're into that level of fuckery

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ili posted:

I hope you guys are practicing safe drug use and not sharing bongs or joints. Ice pipes either for that matter.

where do fleshlights fall on this spectrum

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

when i did acid i always got test kits myself to be sure and in the silk road days legit 98% was literally a few dollars for a dozen tabs. research chemicals scared me off em too along with not being able to spend 2 days tripping out and another day figuring out what is reality again.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

i have a postcard on my fridge that came with a sheet of acid once which has all these trippy existential questions on it. gotta say breaking through and having ego death was a really amazing experience but dmt tops it in every way.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Laserface posted:

where do fleshlights fall on this spectrum

Unless you're putting your lips on one there's nothing to worry about.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

naeka posted:

i have a postcard on my fridge that came with a sheet of acid once which has all these trippy existential questions on it. gotta say breaking through and having ego death was a really amazing experience but dmt tops it in every way.

Please post the questions

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My haemotology unit is doing follow up appointments by phone and diverting people to outside providers for imaging. They don't want patients coming to the hospital except for treatment.

poo poo is getting real, folks.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lolie posted:

poo poo is getting real, folks.

no wonder people are stockpiling toilet paper

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

naeka posted:

Describe DMT please.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Blow posted:

Describe DMT please.

difficult to use correctly in my limited experience.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/mmcgowan/status/1237950816289345537

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

this had a few sheets of lsd vaccuum sealed onto it once upon a time.

naeka fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 12, 2020

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
We're at that last clack of the ratchet at the top of the roller coaster

No going back.

Hang on goons. Or stick your hands in the air, whatever.

Shithouse Dave posted:

The first time I bought weed in Australia, my buddy got me a hookup for an oz in the northern beaches, but I didn’t have a car so I just went out on the bus. The dude wrapped it in loving newspaper. Like, where I’m from you have some fuckin ziplock bags kicking around for this poo poo. I had to get the bus back to fuckin Wynyard just reeking of newspaper wrapped bud, terrified I’d meet a transit cop or a regular cop.

I brought a Tupperware the next time tho.
Was he a one armed fella from Newport?
If so lol

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Blow posted:

Describe DMT please.

Laserface posted:

difficult to use correctly in my limited experience.

The DMT technique i always used was layering it between weed and not letting the flame hit it and it worked every time for me. One of my dealers had me teach him how and there i was sat with a very serious business drug dealer listening to cypress hill while guiding him through how to smoke it properly nervously eyeing off his gun on the other side of the room hoping he kept his poo poo calm.

Breaking through on DMT there is a physical high where you feel like you don't have a body then the mental high is like you have elevated beyond any human existence, kinda like really huge doses of LSD only way way way more intense. Only lasts about 10-15m and my best trip basically the walls and floor of my bedroom all folded in on each other until i was surrounded by pure darkness then it unfolded and i spoke to some kind of Anubis looking creature about life for what felt like hours then that all folded up and i was back in my room and only 10 minutes had passed.

If you can't nail the technique just sprinkling some in your weed or in a joint gives it a huge extra kick if you aren't trying to have some crazy psychedelic experience but i've sworn off everything but weed for a while now. There's only so many times you should be pushing your mind like that and once I hit my 30s I was like i really shouldn't go much further anymore.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
i had these a few weeks ago and found them invaluable.
Pretty much the only trustworthy, consistent diety.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

sore throat and a pounding headache. asthma hasn’t started yet. Pray for me. This could be quite a thrill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

naeka posted:

The DMT technique i always used was layering it between weed and not letting the flame hit it and it worked every time for me. One of my dealers had me teach him how and there i was sat with a very serious business drug dealer listening to cypress hill while guiding him through how to smoke it properly nervously eyeing off his gun on the other side of the room hoping he kept his poo poo calm.

Breaking through on DMT there is a physical high where you feel like you don't have a body then the mental high is like you have elevated beyond any human existence, kinda like really huge doses of LSD only way way way more intense. Only lasts about 10-15m and my best trip basically the walls and floor of my bedroom all folded in on each other until i was surrounded by pure darkness then it unfolded and i spoke to some kind of Anubis looking creature about life for what felt like hours then that all folded up and i was back in my room and only 10 minutes had passed.

If you can't nail the technique just sprinkling some in your weed or in a joint gives it a huge extra kick if you aren't trying to have some crazy psychedelic experience but i've sworn off everything but weed for a while now. There's only so many times you should be pushing your mind like that and once I hit my 30s I was like i really shouldn't go much further anymore.

My buddy I stayed with in Canada was trying to vaporise it with a glass one hitter and it just wasn't working for us. He also refused to try the weed sandwich technique because he thought the weed would sully the experience.

Apparently you can use some electronic vaporisers so that's my next avenue since I don't have the hardiness in my lungs to punch a full cone in one rip.