Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
drat was that 4-1 then? Backfired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

well time for him to go hug his wife!

....was there even an edge scene today? i looked away at a couple of points

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

3 weeks past it's expiration date but Rob finally got poured down the drain.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That was beautiful

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what does a graph like this mean???

Does this just mean Adam gets the most shots so theyre thinking hes the winner?

EoE next week should be fun!

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 12, 2020

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I love watching Rob but that vote really shouldn't go any other way. He can go do his godfather poo poo on EoE now

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Khanstant posted:

what does a graph like this mean???

Does this just mean Adam gets the most shots so theyre thinking hes the winner?

I think it's counting the number of confessionals they have in each episode.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Parv has enough tokens to buy a hotel on Boardwalk now, right?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Adam of all people leading the cast of Winners at War in confessionals, how did this happen

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Adam of all people leading the cast of Winners at War in confessionals, how did this happen
He was being snakey and flippy-floppy for weeks and his tribe lost a lot of challenges... not much to read into methinks.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I've got no love for Rob generally, but I was actually sad to see him go. Maybe just because it sucks all the older players are getting bounced.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Naw, Adam got that special shot today of him goobering out in the voting booth and that's an irrefutable sign of a winner's edit. My poison Adam beats my pony Parvati in the dining room with a candlestick. I mean... crying.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Naw, Adam got that special shot today of him goobering out in the voting booth and that's an irrefutable sign of a winner's edit. My poison Adam beats my pony Parvati in the dining room with a candlestick. I mean... crying.
If anything, Yul is getting the sweetheart's edit.
But that has more to do with him being a genuinely magnanimous person and not a little dictator like Rahb.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean Rob basically has a second person effectively gathering advantages for him in exile. Not that she's a TON of help, necessarily.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Rob didn't tell Amber he was going to be on this season either and she's not too happy about it!

They do have an EoE alliance built in, so I'm looking forward to friction with Tyson who would care about it. I wonder if EoE Rob is chill enough to endear himself to the others for that sweet sweet extinction win?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Popero posted:

I've got no love for Rob generally, but I was actually sad to see him go.

Not me!!!!!!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't hate Rob but I love Sophie for being the one sane human being willing to go "Playing with Rob loving sucks, let's just vote him out"

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

xbilkis posted:

I don't hate Rob but I love Sophie for being the one sane human being willing to go "Playing with Rob loving sucks, let's just vote him out"

Yeah it was definitely a tough sell to have Adam and Ben think “oh yeah let’s just do this poo poo for 27 more days and then give Rob the prize that’ll be fun and not miserable at all”

and sandra sneaks through another episode unscathed. Get it, girl.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I have seen enough conversations along the lines of "Let's vote out X to weaken Rob" that I appreciate anyone who takes the obvious layup

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rob’s only real play has always been fear and it’s why he couldn’t win until they stuck him with a bunch of beta dorks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rob's Godfather routine seemed both kind of his only play there but also hopeless and doomed. I mean, I wouldn't have been THAT surprised if Ben and Adam went with it but way too much pride and history and valor in voting out Boston Rob vs doing what he says. I don't hate Rob, I'm content if that's the end, but I'm not sure if he really had another move there and its not even really his fault that Ben and Adam weren't with him. Ah well. No one's gonna cry for Rob to get a 6th go.

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT MONSTER CRAWLING THING AHHH MY NIGHTMARES!

Penner. :( I love Yul. I'm glad he still seems like a good and smart guy. It would have hurt if he showed up and was an rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, that socially dysfunctional tribe was amazing. What a perfect divide with Wendell/Michelle, Parv/Nick, and Yul/Parv. Who would have thought some of the best entertainment of this season would have been Michelle and Wendell having turned out to have a bad fling and tons of unresolved anger? Between that and the Rob/Ben/Adam trio that was a hell of a split.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
thought on tonights vote based on next weeks preview, only in spoiler because i know some people dont like previews:

I think Ben and Adam made the wrong move for their game chances. Preview says both losing tribes at the immunity challenge have to go to tribal. So they have a 2/3 chance of going to tribal, and the girls won't vote for each other. So if they lose one of Ben/Adam is going home. If they go with Rob, even if they lose they have a better chance at the easy vote out of Sarah. I know they couldn't have known next week was losing two tribes go to tribal, but I think they should expect a twist or double vote or even just looking forward to the next vote. Rob wouldn't turn on them.

But that's me being disappointed rob went out, so here we are.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
QUEEN. STAYS. QUEEN. :colbert:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

thought on tonights vote based on next weeks preview, only in spoiler because i know some people dont like previews:

Rob wouldn't turn on them.

He would turn on them in a loving heartbeat and he's finally on a tribe where everyone knows it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Ben and Adam probably made the right move. Besides just getting out Rob. Rob might have stayed "loyal" but it would have been on his terms and they would have just been numbers to him. Their bad position is of their own making but they can theoretically start over with Sophie and Sarah so... worth a try, I guess. You might have had a short term future with Rob but no long term one.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Yeah I think that might have been the most straightforward vote all season (other than maybe his wife). If he manages to stay in the game, it's going to build up his resume pretty much by default. There's no reason to keep him around.

Khanstant posted:

Better give us a secret Tyson scene or something

edit: lol

Amazing.

Honestly gently caress that buddy system poo poo. Nobody's going to put up with that on Survivor in TYOL2020.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
There was a shot of the tribe hunting for idols with Adam following Rob like a dog on a leash. WTF Adam why are you just watching Rob hunt for an idol,

So thank you Sophie for bringing back rational thought and strategy to the inept duo of Adam and Ben.

Also, saw this on social media and wanted to share.

Rob built shelter Season 39:

Rob built shelter Season 40:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Adam's continued struggle to do very basic things is my favorite running gag of the season.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
He is going to have nightmares about Boston Rob for years. Dude has some significant real estate in his head.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Did they not show Edge at all last night or was it early in the episode and I somehow missed it?

I wanted to see the Tyson comment about firewood. :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nerox posted:

Did they not show Edge at all last night or was it early in the episode and I somehow missed it?

Tyson's comment about firewood was at the end of last week's episode.

I'm ok with them not showing any edge stuff this week because of how much was going on in the actual game.

But with sports being canceled soon CBS needs to step it up and give us longer episodes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

nerox posted:

Nope. Just Rob giving Parvati his token.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Nope. Just Rob giving Parvati his token.

Tokens. Rob had two, so along with Ethan's and her own, Parvati has four Fire Tokens.

Now, if only she could buy something useful with them!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Khanstant posted:

RIP Rob. Machete sharpeners always go home.

Who was that crazy guy back in one of the first seasons that did that? I wanna sat Amazon but can't remember

Thank god Rob got voted out, it would've been beyond bullshit if that worked especially with Adam and Ben.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Who was that crazy guy back in one of the first seasons that did that? I wanna sat Amazon but can't remember

Thank god Rob got voted out, it would've been beyond bullshit if that worked especially with Adam and Ben.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTBdPP9kpss

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CODChimera posted:

Someone beat me to it, but I think there have been a couple other machete-sharpeners and they go home or people get heck of annoyed at them for it. For some reason I even want to say barbie-Ken dude from a few seasons back did it too?

Re: Tokens, has anyone really even used one yet? As I recall they've all been like conditional gifts from EoE, "here's a secret advantage but u have to give us that token." That basically just feels like normal giving a person an advantage so far.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 12, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So, getting rid of Rob in hindsight is probably the worst thing Ben and Adam could have actually done for their game. But sadly, they are unaware of the impossible battle they have now if they go to tribal... Sarah has a steal a vote and Sophie has an idol :lol:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ben getting idoled out of the game would be some amazing irony.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope Ben outlasts Adam at least. but I want them both to be punished for agreeing to buddy system all day. That was already punishment but they deserve more for participating while not even committing lol. Why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Tony's ladder is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4fP_Ypg_b4

More secret scenes at that dude's youtube channel