Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
one of the main premises of the goon fund is that you dont have to give me a story, i dont want to know what you're going through, but most people do. So I glaze over it and just ask for a paypal of venmo, and get the money where it needs to be. I feel for you but I don't want to know or have your personal poo poo in my pms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Plinkey posted:

one of the main premises of the goon fund is that you dont have to give me a story, i dont want to know what you're going through, but most people do. So I glaze over it and just ask for a paypal of venmo, and get the money where it needs to be. I feel for you but I don't want to know or have your personal poo poo in my pms.

I give to prevent sad stories not to hear them and thank you for doing what you do

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

If true this would be very easy to prove!

its not rare for people to pipe up in conversations about the fund, or donation appeals for it in other threads, and thank plinkey/everyone for helping them get thru a rough patch or two. there is no absolute proof, and given how casually it seems to be structured, idk what proof there could be beyond testimonials.

suffice it to say that enough people have seemed sincerely thankful for it that the alternative explanation is that plinkey is using the money to pay goons to praise him. so either plinkey is using the funds to pay goons, or hes using the funds to pay goons. if you doubt the fund, dont donate to it and dont ask for money from it unless youve exhausted all options you find more believable.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pewdiepie posted:

Ok. I find that response incredibly insincere. I guess you don't have any proof then? Other than anecdotes you personally deleted?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

im proof ps gently caress you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

the alternative explanation is that plinkey is using the money to pay goons to praise him

gently caress, i never thought about that, thanks squiz

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
goonfund helped me buy christmas presents for my daughter when I was otherwise completely hosed and she would have had cat hair from santa

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Squizzle posted:

suffice it to say that enough people have seemed sincerely thankful for it that the alternative explanation is that plinkey is using the money to pay goons to praise him.

that's what i get for accepting a mustache man winking at me for payment without bargaining, happens every time

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rah! posted:

Flavius Aetass posted:

goonfund helped me buy christmas presents for my daughter when I was otherwise completely hosed and she would have had cat hair from santa

glad it helped :)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I've never praised Plinkey in my life and I'm not starting today.

Until he pays me.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Ok. I find that response incredibly insincere. I guess you don't have any proof then? Other than anecdotes you personally deleted?

gently caress off you worthless ghoul

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Can't believe Pewdiepie is a bad poster. SMDH.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RandomBlue posted:

Can't believe Pewdiepie is a bad poster. SMDH.

seriously, just ban him he loving sucks rear end. it's a pretty poo poo rear end thing to do is go on a tunnel-visioned one-goon crusade vendetta against charity like some rorschach poo poo just to score some sick owns and expose the big conspiracy or whatever poo poo their hosed up brains concoct

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plinkey posted:

Then it should be no issue to help me out - I explained my details to you via PM.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Squizzle posted:

its not rare for people to pipe up in conversations about the fund, or donation appeals for it in other threads, and thank plinkey/everyone for helping them get thru a rough patch or two. there is no absolute proof, and given how casually it seems to be structured, idk what proof there could be beyond testimonials.

suffice it to say that enough people have seemed sincerely thankful for it that the alternative explanation is that plinkey is using the money to pay goons to praise him. so either plinkey is using the funds to pay goons, or hes using the funds to pay goons. if you doubt the fund, dont donate to it and dont ask for money from it unless youve exhausted all options you find more believable.

The amount of whiplash I've received, merely for asking for proof the money is being used responsibly, raises more than a few red flags for me as an interested goon. As I mentioned before, if true, it should be easy to provide this proof you speak of.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Xaris posted:

seriously, just ban him he loving sucks rear end. it's a pretty poo poo rear end thing to do is go on a tunnel-visioned one-goon crusade vendetta against charity like some rorschach poo poo just to score some sick owns and expose the big conspiracy or whatever poo poo their hosed up brains concoct

You have a completely distorted view of what is going on. Sorry to hear that.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bearjew posted:

you can get all the details by PMing Plinkey. this is a constructive thread. take a break.

I should also mention I PM'd Plinkey for details and was given a disrespectful and flippant response. I also PM'd this mod asking what the deal was, and have yet to receive a response. So... really. What is going on here?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Rah! posted:

Would you be comfortable sharing a small detail - how much did you receive? That is all I would like confirmed. Feel free to PM if posting it publicly is uncomfortable.

Not directed towards you - but I would like to add: Just because one person received money does not mean ALL of the money is accounted for. I think it would be responsible and wise to figure out an anonymous way to ledger the donations, so that goons can know the money is being used as intended.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

goonfund helped me out twice, thats all u need to know also pisstape israel

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
gonna give plinkey even more money now

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Lol at a liberal barging into the thread and demanding means testing

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Barnum Brown Shoes posted:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Plinkey eats with this mouth open and true, people back away horrified.

But goddamn he does a fine, honorable thing and is a better man than I.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:lmao:

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Plinkey posted:

It's not like the food bank ever asked for proof either. Feeding the needy will mean you feed some greedy, but that's part of creating a net good in the world.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I will never stop trusting goon fund.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
My bad - I linked this thread in another thread talking about Patreons and forgot said thread was in GBS.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Hi. I haven’t posted here before. I don’t donate to the patreon because I think that would be a conflict of interest with the site, but I do support its existence which is why it remains stickied.

Im posting here to say that if you’re just going to come to this thread to poo poo on a good thing for your own self righteousness then preemptively gently caress off, thanks and god bless

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

I should also mention I PM'd Plinkey for details and was given a disrespectful and flippant response. I also PM'd this mod asking what the deal was, and have yet to receive a response. So... really. What is going on here?

Gonna break a toxx to say this but I've seen you in real life and you're such a weedy little looking bitch. I get help from these guys to stay in my apartment and you come in here like you're some kind of loving IRS auditor? Christ dude, you sicken me.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

SunAndSpring posted:

Gonna break a toxx to say this but I've seen you in real life and you're such a weedy little looking bitch. I get help from these guys to stay in my apartment and you come in here like you're some kind of loving IRS auditor? Christ dude, you sicken me.

Glad to see you're doing all right :unsmith:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Surely your $1214 monthly patreon is not all going to charity food purchase. That is an obscene amount of food to purchase monthly. But if so I will take some free food, thank you Goon sir.

That's only 24 apple pies

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Pewdiepie posted:

You have a completely distorted view of what is going on. Sorry to hear that.

Even if 99% of the money ended up being sent to people who are liars who turn around and spend it on legos, the 1% of money that went to someone in actual need of help is worth it. If someone asks for help and you have the means to help but you don't because you need receipts, that makes you the rear end in a top hat.

P.S. You're the kind of person that would take the money and buy legos.

poemdexter has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Mar 12, 2020

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

poemdexter posted:

Even if 99% of the money ended up being sent to people who are liars who turn around and spend it on legos, the 1% of money that went to someone in actual need of help is worth it. If someone asks for help and you have the means to help but you don't because you need receipts, that makes you the rear end in a top hat.

P.S. You're the kind of person that would take the money and buy legos.

forget abt it dude; it’s a nazi

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Last year when I wasn't working Snoo bought me a pizza and then Plinkey gave me money to buy groceries and it was good. Saved my life.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Like a decade ago Goons gave me $150 to pay vet bills for a dog that followed me home, I didn't even have to ask. Goon charity = best charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Helen Skelter posted:

Like a decade ago Goons gave me $150 to pay vet bills for a dog that followed me home, I didn't even have to ask. Goon charity = best charity.

All you have to do is not be an rear end in a top hat, it's amazing.