Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Infinitum posted:

So heeeeeeeey VideoGames made me an IK for realises.

Which means I get to abuse my powers and will queue up gangtags until the launch of AC:NH.
After that, you'll need to buy them.

I'll do the next batch when I get home from work today.

Could I also please be added to the gang tag list? :)

Edit: aw poo poo, I’m the top of the page with no content. Well, like many of you, I’m excited for a lot of cute and fun times next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

"The ink splatter only comes in very select colors."

"Why?"

"You know drat well why."

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Man, you would think that in the weirdest timeline, I would get used to weirder and weirder poo poo happening every year; especially since the first sense of that was the Westboro Baptist Church releasing a statement that they had “defeated the Sodomite Clefairy” in 2016...But choosing a digital copy of Animal Crossing for space and convenience reasons, and going off on a mental tangent to myself about how that was interconnected and had microeffects in an ongoing pandemic; that’s not something that was even remotely in my imagination for 2020.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

with a little help from a GameFAQs post i found on google, i bring you:

The opening notes of Run Away With Me! (aka the best saxophone line in the last 30 years)

also, Dancing On My Own

also also, Bad Romance

triple also A Real Hero (that song from Drive)

and finally, Kids, by MGMT

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 12, 2020

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pocket Camp is being updated, and they are REALLY making the wait worse here...

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=g-z-a-z-g-z-z-z-g-z-a-z-g-z-z-z&title=New%20Melody Human Music from that one Rick and Morty episode.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Just checking in to look at my shiny new tag.

EDIT: So blessed. :3:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I accidentally lost my tag buying an av but its still in my :love:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

In almost every Animal Crossing game I use the Back To The Future theme. I only named my town on the DS Hill Valley but it's stuck pretty well. Though with how customizable the towns are gonna be now it might be fun to like, make an actual lil Hill Valley this time.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to use that, enjoy!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Okay, I think I've come up with what I'll be using as my town theme

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=B-C-s-B-C-s-B-s-G-A-s-G-A-s-G-s&title=Hello%20Ma%20Baby

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Where do we protest to get this game out earlier?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237998369672499201

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

preordered animal crossing on my switch so i finally have a 'big' game on it that isn't astral chain. haven't played the series ever since noodling around on a friend's copy on the gamecube when i was a kid sleeping over for the night at his place and i want to revisit the memories of crawling through the bushes to catch bugs

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
So if someone more musically talented than me can make the Hey Duggee theme into a town tune I would be forever grateful (it's not weird i have a child!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDohD-TOa20

I can't think of anything else and I think it makes a good tonal shift from my new leaf village having the attack on titan theme.

LoboFlex
Aug 26, 2004

oh, okay

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I do not have a musical bone in my body so I hope someone makes a Kirby town tune I can use.

I tried making gourmet race back in wild world, but ended up with this plucky not-gourmet race instead which I've used forever since https://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=E-z-B-z-G-A-e-z-e-e-G-A-d-e-b-z&title=not%20gourmet%20race%0A

Here's something else since I'm working from home today and this is more fun http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=g-c-e-G-z-f-z-e-f-d-z-D-A-z-z-z&title=64

Edit: Here's a different Kirby tune which would be much better if there were half notes :( http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=c-A-G-f-C-A-G-f-G-z-G-f-G-z-z-z&title=friends%201

Edit 2: Another one from dreamland 3 oh god I gotta start doing what I'm supposed to be doing http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=G-z-e-G-C-B-G-c-G-z-f-e-d-z-z-z&title=grassland%201

LoboFlex fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 12, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

prepuce repurposed posted:

Do you think you could do the chorus from Guts' Theme from the original Berserk? :pray:

https://youtu.be/dIoILN_KrhU

You'd rlly be doing me a solid

I've never watched Berserk but good boy Akihiro Altland is Gundam Guts so I'll have a go tonight

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Life at Garreg Mach Monastery

I thought I'd forgotten how to read music but I can still kinda figure it out! This was fun.

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
I always struggle to come up with a town theme. Working on the Creative Exercise theme from Mario Paint which I'm not entirely married to but am committed to at least getting it to sound good!

baby's first melody

compounded daily fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 12, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Walrus Pete posted:

Share your town tunes!

I've used this one in multiple AC games before so I'm looking to mix it up. Show me what you got.

I am not the least bit musically inclined. I had my boyfriend (now husband) make me one way back in Wild World and I've just copied the same one ever since. It's the opening notes to a pirate song he and his sister wrote when they were in middle school. I'll share it if I can dig up City Folk to copy it from yet again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

I never quoted this post to officially request a gangtag, but it'd be cool if I snagged one! Def not tryna rush you or anything, thanks!

:jpmf:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Silver Falcon posted:

I am not the least bit musically inclined. I had my boyfriend (now husband) make me one way back in Wild World and I've just copied the same one ever since. It's the opening notes to a pirate song he and his sister wrote when they were in middle school. I'll share it if I can dig up City Folk to copy it from yet again.

I got it! Oh a pirate's life is the life for me!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
I suck at music. Here's by best effort at some King Gizzard ones (within the limitations... C Major??)
People Vultures
Big Fig Wasp
(it's ok if nobody likes them, at least I can refer to my own post later to try them out)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PancakeTransmission posted:

I suck at music. Here's by best effort at some King Gizzard ones (within the limitations... C Major??)
People Vultures
Big Fig Wasp
(it's ok if nobody likes them, at least I can refer to my own post later to try them out)

Quoting this so I can listen to it later, King Gizzard is :krad: thanks!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All schools and tourist things are closed here now. Release the AC Nintendo, save usssss

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Has anyone made the Tomato Convenience Store theme from Shenmue into a town tune.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shoehead posted:

All schools and tourist things are closed here now. Release the AC Nintendo, save usssss

I think Sega taught game companies the lesson about releasing things unexpectedly early.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

People Vultures
Big Fig Wasp

Holy poo poo. These own bones. Now it's a fight between Splatoon or People Vultures. I wonder how Rattlesnake would translate...

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think Sega taught game companies the lesson about releasing things unexpectedly early.

That it's very cool and good?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Evening thread, next batch of tags queued up for approval.

Again as a reminder this is the one and only time I'll abuse my IK powers to continue handing out gangtags after the initial cut-off period, please consider donating a few bucks to the forums so we can all fund the Lowtax Spine Fund as this is a lot of gangtags.
Cut-off period is AC launch day.

Past that just buy a new avatar with the tag in it
code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/racgoons.png[/img]

Your Computer posted:

e: I just noticed you even fixed the space in my avatar :eyepop:

Yeaaaaah I fuckin' did~

(The split annoys me)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also decided that I'm going digital, as I had been umming and arring about it, and I'm preloading this evening :slick:

It's basically a game that I just want available whenever I want, and not have to go search for the cartridge.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

jackhunter64 posted:

I've never watched Berserk but good boy Akihiro Altland is Gundam Guts so I'll have a go tonight

:stwoon: wow that guy does look just like Guts

tia friend

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

People Vultures
Big Fig Wasp

Holy gently caress I'm definitely using Big Fig Wasp for at least a bit, that's perfect!

Infinitum posted:

Evening thread, next batch of tags queued up for approval.

Again as a reminder this is the one and only time I'll abuse my IK powers to continue handing out gangtags after the initial cut-off period, please consider donating a few bucks to the forums so we can all fund the Lowtax Spine Fund as this is a lot of gangtags.
Cut-off period is AC launch day.

:bubblewoop:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Didn't quite work out how I was hoping, but here's an attempt at Song of the Ancients. (I don't remember which one. Devola, I think?)

I started Megalovania but it went very poorly.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

enojy posted:

I tried to make Gourmet Race for you, but this web app doesn't support sharp notes, which Gourmet Race seems to be. Sorry! (Didn't New Leaf support sharp and flat notes?)

You can do it. If a piece of music isn't in C, you just have to transpose it.

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=E-s-C-s-C-B-A-s-A-B-C-A-G-A-e-s&title=Gourmet%20Race

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m going to have to find a Vocaloid song that

a) I like

and

b) is in C Major.

Wish me luck.....

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

History Comes Inside! posted:

That it's very cool and good?

I mean more with the Saturn that pissed off all the retailers who didn't get it early to the point they dropped Sega from their shelves entirely.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

hopeandjoy posted:

I’m going to have to find a Vocaloid song that

a) I like

and

b) is in C Major.

Wish me luck.....

It doesn't need to be in C major, it just needs to not have any accidentals.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's 2020, movies regularly come out digitally before the physical release. Get with the times Grampa Nintendo :arghfist:

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean more with the Saturn that pissed off all the retailers who didn't get it early to the point they dropped Sega from their shelves entirely.

I figured, but we're almost a quarter of a century into the future now and the boot is very much on the digital foot and it's at the throat of brick and mortar.

Or at least it ought to be because then we'd have AC already.