Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

events over 100 people in NL are canceled. which was announced as a building up a theater show for tonight. lol well there goes my my work for two or more weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

people need something to comfort them in troubled times, this is good

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

i wonder if my HR department will be liable for anything if i get the corona since i've been begging them for three days to let employees expense ubers or telework so we can avoid stuffing ourselves into the loving metro so we can service the government that doesn't give a poo poo

lol of course not corporations have more rights than i do and it would be my fault i got it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rabid Snake posted:

I can see this. My brother had his kid baptized on the same day and invited the whole extended family + friends. Renting out a hall + paying for catering adds up.

This is for 25 people.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rabid Snake posted:

I can see this. My brother had his kid baptized on the same day and invited the whole extended family + friends. Renting out a hall + paying for catering adds up.

can you help me see how somebody can spend money on a bougie party for an infant? seems like you got it figured out

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

under 25 people though...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Presenting Nipples posted:

So what is the latest estimate on when this thing peaks in the US?

nobody knows, but its not going away anytime soon

if you live in freedomland look at Italy, the USA's curve is tracking exactly like theirs

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Fallom posted:

can you help me see how somebody can spend money on a bougie party for an infant? I’m still struggling!

social media likes probably

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We are scrambling to get work from home going, getting cellular hotspots for the most important employees in case a service provider implodes from the rest of the country doing the same thing. I'm in the middle of contacting businesses we work with on coordinating remote work.

For the next year.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Seeing Woke people who just started paying attention starting to share dismissive images saying "lmao if only boomers cared as much about climate change as they do about coronavirus!" and it's stupid as poo poo. Where are they getting the idea that "boomers" actually give a poo poo about this? everyone is minimizing it and focusing on the shallow "media reaction"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really concerned about the birthday party

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Presenting Nipples posted:

So what is the latest estimate on when this thing peaks in the US?

one million infected by start of May, but that assumes the current US infected number is accurate (it’s not).

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol trump is going to kill his entire base and democrats are going to ratfuck Bernie and then still lose

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
dow's nearly down 9% now lmao

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Brazil's stock market is down 22%

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bullfrog posted:

Seeing Woke people who just started paying attention starting to share dismissive images saying "lmao if only boomers cared as much about climate change as they do about coronavirus!" and it's stupid as poo poo. Where are they getting the idea that "boomers" actually give a poo poo about this? everyone is minimizing it and focusing on the shallow "media reaction"

I was informed this was called venting and an important part of praxis

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Doc Walrus posted:

dow's nearly down 9% now lmao

Buy low, sell high!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Fallom posted:

can you help me see how somebody can spend money on a bougie party for an infant? seems like you got it figured out

A whole roasted lechon pig itself is like $350. Then there's other dishes and stuff for 25 people. I wouldn't call it bougie it was just a huge filipino potluck. It's like an all day event basically where everyone attends mass dressed up, then has a huge potluck.

Maybe filipinos take first birthdays too seriously. Its a communal thing

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
This seems like this is gonna start a war somewhere in like 2-3 months.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump is absolutely going to cancel at the last second and pocket the money.

do you have to pay to attend rallies?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Just a reminder that if you have the means, taking the max you can out of an ATM isn't a horrible idea. Keep it somewhere safe at home - you can always redeposit it later.

Digital money won't fail outright, but it's always good to have legal tender handy in case the people who maintain those systems start teleworking and/or get sick. The checkout clerk isn't going to give a gently caress if you've got plenty in your account if the network is down.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I teach special education and I have parents asking me to make sure I'm working on hand washing. We are wiping surfaces down constantly due to the constant spit and vomit from my students. A mom dropped her son off with a bane looking mask and gloves on, but she didnt seem concerned about her son because he didn't have any protection.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238110804429414402

Very good, very contained! Thank you Boris sir!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just a reminder that if you have the means, taking the max you can out of an ATM isn't a horrible idea. Keep it somewhere safe at home - you can always redeposit it later.

Digital money won't fail outright, but it's always good to have legal tender handy in case the people who maintain those systems start teleworking and/or get sick. The checkout clerk isn't going to give a gently caress if you've got plenty in your account if the network is down.

LOL what.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

saw jim cramer on a news article when a page loaded and thought it was lenin. i played myself

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

univbee posted:

one million infected by start of May, but that assumes the current US infected number is accurate (it’s not).

So, it'll actually be more like 230 million

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

AdmiralViscen posted:

Sooooo we’re on Long Island and have our kids first birthday party with about 20 people scheduled for Saturday.... Nobody’s working from home and most/all of the kids are in day care.... I’m thinking we should cancel it but it seems like infection is inevitable anyway since everyone in attendance is out doing whatever they want every day anyway. We should cancel right?

Nah it's cool your kid won't even remember their grandparents

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Girlfriend and I had a cabin rental in gatlinburg for the hell of it and we’re just walking around the strip

Like 1/5 of these people will be dead in a month.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1238126303238410243

the republican senate is completely incapable of doing anything outside of chudges and its amazing

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

On the other hand, maybe DONT do this because paper money is a great way to infect yourself and everyone else around you.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

if we get to the point where my fake money in the bank is worthless, people aren't going to be spending cash. they're gonna be spending toilet paper and canned beans.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agronox posted:

me: spends $1500 on cigarettes, booze, sweetass gaming rig. hero of the working class

you: spends $1500 celebrating your only child's existence on earth with close friends and family. guillotine

give it to jess. corona is going to primarily target coons' electorate anyway :getin:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crowdfund that kid a bane mask

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1238130066481086471?s=19

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

slave to my cravings posted:

China's already trying to pin the blame on the US to their people. A US House Rep is calling for retribution against China. Yea, 2020 is gonna be whacky-sacks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

slave to my cravings posted:

watch trump start a loving war

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Iron Crowned posted:

So, it'll actually be more like 230 million

Odds are well over a million have it already

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Schnorkles posted:

the republican senate is completely incapable of doing anything outside of chudges and its amazing

working hard, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Schnorkles posted:

What fkn recess?