Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mackers posted:

Yeah I'm irish.

Oh I read you backward, I thought you were fleeing to Germany

edit: Eh I was supposed to grab some fresh stuff for the dinner tonight but looking at photos of all the local supermarkets I might have to wait til the frenzy dies down..

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The Apple one in cork was confirmed yesterday, forgot to post about it here.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/apple-staff-now-told-everyone-17903885

And holy poo poo all the schools are off now.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-says-sinn-f%C3%A9in-rallies-a-campaign-of-intimidation-and-bullying-1.4183209

quote:

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has criticised Sinn Féin’s plan to hold nationwide rallies, portraying them as the next stage of the party’s “campaign of intimidation and bullying”.

Mr Varadkar said on Monday the plans announced by Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald for a series of public meetings around the country were an unwelcome development.

Sinn Féin’s meetings aim to rally public support for the party’s efforts to get into government.

https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...n-39038929.html

quote:

TAOISEACH Leo Varadkar has confirmed that schools, colleges, childcare facilities and other public facilities are to close and restrictions put in place on public gatherings in a bid to counter the coronavirus outbreak.

The measures come into effect at 6pm on Thursday and will be in effect until March 29. [...]

All indoor mass gatherings of more than 100 people should be cancelled and all outdoor gatherings of 500 people or more should be cancelled.

:thunk:

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

We’ve been allowed wfh if we really wanna and from tomorrow we’re told to. Big tech company

I’ve a date tonight lasts and trying to decide if I should go 😔

Nothing makes a first impression like getting your hole and killing one or more of their/your own parents/grandparents.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
:aaaaa:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What a loving nerd lol, "how dare you be popular, that's intimidation"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

All schools remaining open up North with a unified statement from all parties in the executive, saying Dublin did not brief them before this morning's announcement and they are following medical advice given to them.

Wonder if the twitter people will soon demand the border be closed

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

We will just annex the North out of public health concerns, don't worry.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Gutted that we flew past 69 cases

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Don't worry, we're well on our way towards 420 cases of Covid 69.

:flame:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

We have been instructed to work from home. I may go into the office some days, as I'm not far from there anyway. I can easily walk or cycle. And it'll be empty.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Went shopping this morning. Not a lot of empty shelves but the place was packed. We got the optional work from home for the entire office yesterday after the announcement. Things are quiet otherwise.

Overhearing people in the supermarket a lot of people still don't seem to be taking this seriously though.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Cross postin'

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

O'Neill just gave a statement at Stormont saying SF now thinks all schools in the North should be closed, the opposite of what they agreed yesterday.

Pulling in two directions creating more loving confusion

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Went shopping this morning. Not a lot of empty shelves but the place was packed. We got the optional work from home for the entire office yesterday after the announcement. Things are quiet otherwise.

Overhearing people in the supermarket a lot of people still don't seem to be taking this seriously though.

Was in Boots earlier, the only shelf half empty was the hand washes. I wouldn't even call them sanitizers as it looks like none were anti-bacterial, just scented ones.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Murmers of our glorious army being mustered to lock this poo poo down come monday

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You love to see it.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Mackers posted:

Murmers of our glorious army being mustered to lock this poo poo down come monday

There is a snap chat doing the rounds of a army dude giving orders about Monday, it's not a lock down sources say.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Has Gibbo been deployed to Ireland?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E:^^^^^ :arghfist:

Foul Ole Ron posted:

There is a snap chat doing the rounds of a army dude giving orders about Monday, it's not a lock down sources say.

I'll wait for confirmation from Gibbo, Burnsy, Cheeks, and Ricey

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

E:^^^^^ :arghfist:

I'll wait for confirmation from Gibbo, Burnsy, Cheeks, and Ricey

Skittles says its a bum gig, roni is on the rounds.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Rumours so far are they'll be posted to hospitals and possibly shopping centers/pharmacies to "maintain order" (protect the toilet paper).

Rumours are also that we could easily end up in a situation like Italy though where they're enforcing keeping people off the streets, if the gov decides to make the lockdown more severe next week.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

happyhippy posted:

Was in Boots earlier, the only shelf half empty was the hand washes. I wouldn't even call them sanitizers as it looks like none were anti-bacterial, just scented ones.

They don't need to be antibacterial. Its a virus so you just need soap.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 13, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A 70-90% solution of ethyl alcohol is very effective against coronavirus.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Foul Ole Ron posted:

So going back to this, Leo has not initiated Order 66.

The Army is expected to call up reserves, but not as part of some martial law. The voice recording is a hoax. See here.

Debunked: 'No substance whatsoever' to WhatsApp voicenote claiming Ireland is going into 'Status Red' lockdown https://jrnl.ie/5044990

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah it's just some chap talkin in a deep voice and using military time. I had to mute my family chat over my cousin CONSTANTLY falling for hoaxes like this all month. Send poo poo to people on whatsapp and they tend to believe it. It's maddening

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1238929572701384704

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
People were doing the same poo poo during the Black Death according to written accounts, I don't think you're going to defeat what appears to be an aspect of human nature so trivially, even if I do fondly wish people weren't so loving stupid.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So is there going to be another election or what?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

But who is this dashing figure in the red mask?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

icantfindaname posted:

So is there going to be another election or what?

lol not anytime in the next six months I imagine.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
FF&FG will use Corona as an excuse to form a "national government", with or without the support of the Greens. They can ride roughshod over any objections from their members now "in the national interest". And then even if they don't have the Greens support and are a minority they'll just dare the other parties to vote the government down - nobody is going to want to take the blame for collapsing a government in a time of crisis like this.

Then 6 months down the line when the crisis has passed they'll decide everything is actually working out fine, so they might as well stay in power. Probably by just roping in a few dodgy rural INDs to make up the numbers.

Prepare for 5 more years of Leo :(

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Temple Bar voluntarily closing up shop indefinitely.

Strong momentum now for pub closures - I'm in Derry on the other side of the border and all the major pubs putting out notices today they will not be reopening

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Government just announced closure of all pubs.

We're in the end times people, watch as people rush to buy slabs of beer and Taytos.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

PowerBeard posted:

Government just announced closure of all pubs.

We're in the end times people, watch as people rush to buy slabs of beer and Taytos.

The rumours abound are that a lot of the loving idiots are now having CORVID-19 parties.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
We're doomed, aren't we?

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

PowerBeard posted:

We're doomed, aren't we?

No, a select group of idiots are doomed. The rest of us bought our slabs a week ago and self isolate in style.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Got about 20 bottles of wine and about 10 whiskeys to choose from. The beers I'm keeping for making beer bread, except for a couple of nice craft cans. Be grand

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Im sober. But Animal Crossing isnt out yet so its kinda the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cormac
Dec 18, 2005