Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

I'm 5 years behind but I just started listening to Dinner with Racers. I'm sure many if not all of you have already listened to this but holy poo poo check out Episode 8 where engineer Jeff Braun details how Level 5 Motorsports owner/crazy man (and current prison inmate) Scott Tucker had them spend millions of dollars developing the fastest D Sports Racing car ever made. I won't spoil it.

This is the most hysterical poo poo I've ever listened to in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

They possibly spent more time and development resources on a D-Sports racer for a bet than they did on their ALMS program.

It sucks that it took a billionaire spending money that was earned through lovely ways, but still absolutely hilarious.

They also talked to Tucker a couple seasons later right before he goes to prison, it’s quite the interesting conversation.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Big Huski Boi posted:

I've listened to it 4 times already, I just lose it when he tells them the lap times

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

harperdc posted:

From excitement about LMDh to extreme worry about the immediate future of the WEC in like three weeks, the sports car cycle can be an absolutely unstoppable mistress sometimes.

the WEC is gonna be fine it's just that prototypes are dying.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I mean does anyone really... care about the WEC? Outside of lemans and maybe spa, most of the races are pretty thin in both fields and audience. And we went a long time without an endurance championship anyway. I could see it going away altogether and the world would keep turning, especially if ELMS allowed LMDh.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I care about the WEC because seeing the FIA twist itself into pretzels over how much it hates/needs IMSA is very entertaining

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The WEC is fun from outside but I rarely have any desire to watch WEC races outside Le Mans. It's not like there's a shortage of endurance racing I can watch without having to pay for it.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Sebring 1000 was pretty cool

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Prototypes are not dying. LMDh will be popular and the racing will be good even if it’s not as fast or extravagant as LMP1H was. There’s no money in manufacturer budgets for anything else right now and they’re going to flock to whatever gets them a rolling advertisement for cheap. Please try to enjoy it before ICE car racing as a whole becomes as antiquated and esoteric as horse racing and we all become as the pitiable, solitary graybeards still watching colts snap their femurs at dilapidated dirt tracks

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

I mean does anyone really... care about the WEC? Outside of lemans and maybe spa, most of the races are pretty thin in both fields and audience.

It can’t die yet, I haven’t gotten to the Fuji round yet!!

I like how it’s grown and the action generally has been good, and 30+ car counts the last five years is nothing to sneeze at. It’s been fun to watch, especially with the app being $30 a season or so.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Even though Evans dominated the Mexico City Formula E, that was a pretty good and fun race. (I just wait for the YouTube uploads, so always a week late)

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah the changes to the circuit really made Mexico way cooler

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://racer.com/2020/02/25/trans-am-returning-to-its-roots-for-sebring-opener/

How do I punch someone in the face over the internet, tia

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol I saw that comment this morning and felt the same way.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Here are some photos form the 6H COTA.
https://adobe.ly/2w41naO

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
trans-am still uses leaded gas what makes you think they're gonna be on the ball with streaming

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Peanut President posted:

trans-am still uses leaded gas what makes you think they're gonna be on the ball with streaming

Oh I am so totally going this weekend in that case

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Peanut President posted:

:stare: I mean, maybe someone should force them to ONLY stream, for safety purposes.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
http://gotransam.com/news/Trans-Am-Series-Expands-Digital-Footprint-with-New-Media-App/70206

Trans-am streaming 9 races this year

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Only on their app though, not just using Youtube like everyone else.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

This is certainly an entry list...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

that looks like it's from a lovely indie wrestling poster

can't wait to see Ricky Morton and Nature Boy Paul Lee battle for the Alan Jones Cup this Sunday in Pennington Gap, VA

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I wonder how long this will last.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

hunnert car pileup posted:

that looks like it's from a lovely indie wrestling poster

can't wait to see Ricky Morton and Nature Boy Paul Lee battle for the Alan Jones Cup this Sunday in Pennington Gap, VA

it gave me strong David Flair vibes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hlO_1JGTww

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Frond posted:

I wonder how long this will last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-0B5JPZD2s

Hopefully a while, these things are awesome in person

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I swear to christ if sebring gets cancelled I'm gonna go camp drunk next to a loving highway and throw poo poo at people

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

I swear to christ if sebring gets cancelled I'm gonna go camp drunk next to a loving highway and throw poo poo at people

Americans will just deny and say it's just the flu.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

God I wish another Aussie would win the F1 Driver's Title so we can all forget about this man

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You Am I posted:

God I wish another Aussie would win the F1 Driver's Title so we can all forget about this man

Mahk Wibbah was so close in 2010 but alas we got Seb instead.

In actual news, the FIA World Motorsport Council put it’s rubber stamp on the prototype convergence plan, so LMD(eez nuts)h will now be allowed in the WEC.

Expect more news at Sebring, assuming it goes forward. Haven’t heard any rumblings from IMSA or the WEC about canceling, but lord knows if Florida or the county might act.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

harperdc posted:

Florida or the county might act.

Lmao

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
WEC just pulled out of Sebring.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oof

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m not seeing anything official-official yet, but it’s being reported by Racer. Given the ban on travel from Europe, it’s hardly surprising. Quite sad.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wouldn't said travel ban also gently caress over about half the driver field for IMSA as well? We might be looking at a scuttled season.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The Racer story: https://racer.com/2020/03/11/wec-cancels-sebring-visit-due-to-coronavirus-travel-ban/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It's been confirmed now that the race -- and the test beforehand this weekend -- will not take place. time to crate everything up and send it back to Europe.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Sebring postponed to Nov 11 to 14.

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1238132862261645314?s=19

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1238135029127151616?s=19

Petit, sebring, daytona, sebring.

RIP my wallet and liver

Edit: added the newest tweet, since they've deleted and tweeted four times now

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 12, 2020

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
All racing now postponed until after the apocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
So does the 2021 Sebring still take place in March?