Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

I’m teaching my kids The Odyssey and they all kind of think he’s an rear end in a top hat

Oh he's definitely a huge rear end in a top hat! It's just that he's often getting involved with other, much bigger assholes so it kind of works out for the best :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm A idiot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i'm A idiot

It's okay Cavauro I still like you

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

All ancient folk heroes are dicks. My favorite is Beowulf. He kills like two whole monsters (one of whom he didn't respect enough to learn her name due to being a woman) and this entitles him to be Mayor of Christianity for like 30 years, until he finally has a midlife crisis and decides that serving the Christgod isn't very Geatish of him and then dies on his shield fighting a monster he had no business fighting even 30 years ago. If he'd come along a millennia and some change later he'd be in the Rare Pepe trade on 4chan but instead he was born in like 900AD Sweden so he is a great king of the age of the Epics.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bluedeanie posted:

All ancient folk heroes are dicks. My favorite is Beowulf. He kills like two whole monsters (one of whom he didn't respect enough to learn her name due to being a woman) and this entitles him to be Mayor of Christianity for like 30 years, until he finally has a midlife crisis and decides that serving the Christgod isn't very Geatish of him and then dies on his shield fighting a monster he had no business fighting even 30 years ago. If he'd come along a millennia and some change later he'd be in the Rare Pepe trade on 4chan but instead he was born in like 900AD Sweden so he is a great king of the age of the Epics.

That's not really all that accurate at all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah if you killed like even one monster today you'd be hated beyond belief by that whole pepe squad.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Good morning. I'm really sick lmao but i dont have all the symptoms of the 'rona. if i had it that would be really funny but not a joke, if that makes sense. i'm going to debut a new gang tag soon. edit: the gang tag is for private use only

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

yea ok posted:

Good morning. I'm really sick lmao but i dont have all the symptoms of the 'rona. if i had it that would be really funny but not a joke, if that makes sense. i'm going to debut a new gang tag soon. edit: the gang tag is for private use only

mods please quarantine this infected carrier

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
okay, lockdown is official starting next week. The area I work in will be quarantined (but where I stay isn't... yet), so I'll have to work from home until (checks notes) April 14 goddamnit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just found out that dogs can't get the lovely virus. Best news I heard all day.

Eldest boy forgot to take his ADHD meds this morning and decided to fight the entire school. Defeated a bench, a desk but the lockers proved to be too much of a challenge. He's been sent home for the duration of the day.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

What other challenges are present in raising Sabin from Final Fantasy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know wrestling has broken my brain because every time someone at work talks about a potential lockdown I imagine myself fighting them in a steel cage.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

drrockso20 posted:

Call me stupid, but what does "enthusiastic consent" mean, first time I've heard the term

It’s phrasing to describe the importance of consent as a continuum that can be broken at any time, basically.

Basically, as I’m sure you know already, both parties in sexual intercourse should be super excited and eager the whole way through. If either party at any point is like, “gosh, I don’t know...” or the like, consent has been rescinded and everybody should respond accordingly.

Enthusiastic consent is imo a phrase to use with people to clear up the muddiness that some people, mostly men (and particularly YOUNG men) experience with whataboutisms when it comes to sex.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

just found out that dogs can't get the lovely virus. Best news I heard all day.

Eldest boy forgot to take his ADHD meds this morning and decided to fight the entire school. Defeated a bench, a desk but the lockers proved to be too much of a challenge. He's been sent home for the duration of the day.

I was stoked to hear the same about cats glad our buddies are safe.

And Dang, sorry to hear about your boy, glad the school had the wherewithal to handle it without cops, in my area schools will use armed officers to deal with kids and it’s just loving egregious, hope they feel better soon.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My early morning involved me making GBS threads out my bladder and wondering if it was the onset of Covid19. No other symptoms have emerged. I feel fine right now, just a little dehydrated. Will keep track but was probably just something I ate.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

My cat's gone now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

gone from here, yes. gone on to the other side, yes. Warming in the eternal sun, chasing the eternal prey. cat heaven doot doot doot

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

I’m sorry pal. They are a blessing and they are brief. I’ve lost many and the memories still mean a great deal, I’m sure yours was great, sometimes it helps to share stories about them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now
Losing a pet is always the shittiest thing :sympathy:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

Kitties are very good but their time is too brief because they are too pure for this world.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

My early morning involved me making GBS threads out my bladder and wondering if it was the onset of Covid19. No other symptoms have emerged. I feel fine right now, just a little dehydrated. Will keep track but was probably just something I ate.

violent feces is not a symptom

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if your feces fights you, you need a priest.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

From one cat dad to another, my condolences.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

Sorry to hear. I know it sucks :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1238137110978150400

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WatermelonGun posted:

violent feces is not a symptom

Heard it came with the fever but gently caress if I know anything at this point. All I know right now are my nasal passages are clear and I'm not coughing so I'm fine.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
congratulations

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Ugh I flew ACROSS THE DANG OCEAN for a wedding in Austria which has been canceled. It was supposed to be on Monday and if they'd chosen Saturday or Sunday we'd have made it just under the ban.

So now we're off to Munich from Paris tomorrow morning and I don't know what's happening after that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
just stay in france like yeah it’s full of frogs but you can drink in the streets which is fun to do

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

life is a gently caress :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

Sorry Junpei :smith:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm not surprised my lapidary class is still on for Saturday but I kind of hope it gets cancelled due to coronavirus fears. I'm not really feeling up to it but I already paid so gotta go.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bluedeanie posted:

Im interested in a CHUDs throughout history. The Know Nothings obviously but more recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPoNqs6_ANo

Ignorant grognards treated with influence has had zero good outcomes ever.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Lid posted:

Im interested in a CHUDs throughout history. The Know Nothings obviously but more recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPoNqs6_ANo

Ignorant grognards treated with influence has had zero good outcomes ever.

The Dollop is kind of this podcast for American history.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Dollop, in fact, had a great episode about The Night Disco Died.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry to hear about the good kitty cat. sometimes people want to open up about their friend who has passed on and share memories of them to the world. if you ever feel like that and don't know where to talk then remember this spot over here

how is everyone doing? it's a turbulent time

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 13, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm doing alright. Watching Joe Pera Talks With You, a very good show.

What's everyone's favorite comedy show?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

The Dollop, in fact, had a great episode about The Night Disco Died.

The Reagan 2 parter was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Golden Girls or Frasier probably

also Walker Texas Ranger, but that ones not on purpose