Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Not disliking the T25 AT as much as I thought I would.

Not great, not bad.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5268559#cliff-mariuslecter-t25_at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

T25 AT is pretty cool.

I absolutely loathed the T25/2 though.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

MariusLecter posted:

Not great, not bad.

Good game. I went up the turreted branch of that line so didn't play the T25AT but always wonder if it's any good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I done it again.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5268573#steppes-mariuslecter-t25_at

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Redeye Flight posted:

Something about the Black Prince works better than the Churchill 7 does. Don't ask me to explain WHAT, the armor is the same thickness on the hull and it's still glacially slow. It does get a much better turret and the excellent 17 pounder gun, so that might be it.

I liked the Black Prince back when I played it, everyone said it was poo poo, but something just clicked. It was the same with the Tiger(P), but then again, those 2 were among my first tier 7 tanks, so being slow yet bouncy, with an accurate machine gun that made everyone into swiss cheese while moving, was enough to be fun.

Cant imagine the power creep been kind to it though.

Also, 6500 gold for a battle pass with mediocre rewards, gtfo.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
yeah, it's a lot of gold for the extra rewards, I would have liked to see WG lower it by at least half, although I know they won't.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Rincewinds posted:

I liked the Black Prince back when I played it, everyone said it was poo poo, but something just clicked. It was the same with the Tiger(P), but then again, those 2 were among my first tier 7 tanks, so being slow yet bouncy, with an accurate machine gun that made everyone into swiss cheese while moving, was enough to be fun.

Also, 6500 gold for a battle pass with mediocre rewards, gtfo.

Uh, you get a bounty rammer

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, you get a bounty rammer

Booty rammer is what I call the matchmaker.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

Not great, not bad.

It's a solid platform. I think it has like 10 degrees of gun depression. It's pretty comfy for a non-turreted TD.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Everyone knows the black prince has a built in +10% w/r hidden stat. No one can explain it but it is there, enjoy the magic that is the blank prince.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If anyone is considering doing the Battle Pass poo poo, tier 6 tanks are the going to be the best points earners because you only need to reach 100 points on them to get the bonus points. However, you'll need to have 20 tier 6 tanks in your garage to get the max reward if you plan on only playing tier 6 tanks.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011
Anyone have feedback on the T69? I stopped playing a while back and now that I'm back I feel like I never see the thing in matches. Is it out of meta? Did powercreep kill it? Or is it just old news and everyone is on to the new italian autoloader?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mark David Chapman posted:

Anyone have feedback on the T69? I stopped playing a while back and now that I'm back I feel like I never see the thing in matches. Is it out of meta? Did powercreep kill it? Or is it just old news and everyone is on to the new italian autoloader?

Only use gold and you will be good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Quickybaby is furious about the premium rammer from the pro battlepass, Circon doesn't really give a gently caress since it's only a 2.5% upgrade.

I kinda get how it's another step into the pay to win direction, but I honestly don't care too much about the dumb bounty rammer (I'd probably stick it on my Progetto), the cool thing about the battle pass is kinda the shitton of extra boosters, and the cool 277 skin, I guess?

:shrug:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Why does exiting a battle before it's over gently caress up the stats window for replays?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5269144#mountain_pass-mariuslecter-vk_30_02_m

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like the battlepass system as well as adding the paid second line however that paid line should be a bonus to be a subscriber already but whatever. Getting a bond rammer for money is stupid WGing bullshit but also the bond equipment doesn't really affect things that much.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Rincewinds posted:

I also have surprisingly fond memories of the BP and Tiger (P) grinds. Wouldn't want to be starting from square one with either of them now though.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I also have surprisingly fond memories of the BP and Tiger (P) grinds. Wouldn't want to be starting from square one with either of them now though.

The very nice thing about the Black Prince is that the grind is practically non-existent if you're playing other British tanks. You can get the 17 pounder from the Firefly and the Meteor from the Cromwell, and I think both can be put on the stock suspension.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the BP was ok especially when top tier but I had too many battles with 3 arty per side on wide open maps and lol. But anyway it won a lot even when it did nothing maybe cause I'd give no fucks about arty and they'd shoot me over and over which meant they weren't shooting my team so I Did My Part. All tanks after are a lot better.

I liked it apart from having poo poo pen and having to load gold which was like 125k a game and it's HEAT not APCR so not being real accurate half the shots will hit tracks, also it leads to the T57 which isn't good no more

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I almost never got shot by arty in the BP even at the height of xvm usage. My secret technique was never getting to the fights in time. Still had a great win rate

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
So I've played 2 games in the BP now: First game I got like 2.5k damage and soloed a Tier VII jap heavy, pretty good game. Second game was Cliff on encounter and I died to arty before I could get arty safe then I logged out for the night. A land of contrasts.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
BP makes me squirm a bit in my computer chair enough to somewhat give a crap about him being on the field. BP has his moments for sure but I always catch them off guard a lot when I do spot one.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

I haven't played it since the Italian reloaders came out. Looking at the stats its totally irrelevant now. https://tanks.gg/compare/p44-pantera?t=t69

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Why does exiting a battle before it's over gently caress up the stats window for replays?

I'm pretty sure it's because your client stops recording to the replay file once you've left the battle. Notice, in your replay folder that there's a "temp" file that gets edited during each battle, but then when the battle is over (or you exit it) it copies the contents of that file to the "official" "permanent" replay file.

BadLlama posted:

I like the battlepass system as well as adding the paid second line however that paid line should be a bonus to be a subscriber already but whatever. Getting a bond rammer for money is stupid WGing bullshit but also the bond equipment doesn't really affect things that much.

My thoughts are that it does indeed suck any time any dev adds any P2W element to a game, but in this case a single +2.5% difference is irrelevant. The huge credit cost for the improvement isn't even worth it, and any account can only get one of these things for one tank anyway. People really overestimate the effect of certain equipment (and crew skills for that matter.)

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Booty rammer is what I call the matchmaker.

Hey that was my nickname in high school! :imunfunny:

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

2Jets posted:

I haven't played it since the Italian reloaders came out. Looking at the stats its totally irrelevant now. https://tanks.gg/compare/p44-pantera?t=t69

God drat looking at those stats is a bummer. I really enjoyed my time in the 71 DA, so I'll probably just stop the line there. Thanks for the info

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/luck-of-the-irish-offers-0320/

A tank skin that gives you a top hat, alright im down... $18... Me :a2m: Wging

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/luck-of-the-irish-offers-0320/

A tank skin that gives you a top hat, alright im down... $18... Me :a2m: Wging

While that price is stupid high for a loving skin, I am far more OK with this than them selling BS premiums.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5270531#overlord-mariuslecter-vk_30_02_m

Blew the top off a TOG II.
https://i.imgur.com/rCugkEp.mp4

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I wish there was an option to block out one tank from your random battles, just like how you can block maps. I never want to see a EBR 70 FL 10 again. The tech tree EBRs are annoying for sure, but I kind of just want to drive into a lake if I see a FL10 anywhere around me.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

You have an incredible number of these saved from 2011

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hit level 15, it wasn't that bad.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Hit level 15, it wasn't that bad.

It was pretty painless compared to getting to level 30 before.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I'm at 14, should finish today so woop but yesterday was weird where I got 2 straight matches on the snow map defending and the other team couldn't take the 1st 3 (A , B and C) never saw that before yet alone back to back games, makes it hard to get past Lt. I got a rental T27 and etc from twitch /prime it's a noice tank that complements my Progetto and 40T so log in or whatever.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

It was pretty painless compared to getting to level 30 before.

Seriously, I actually kind of enjoyed it.

Fat Jesus posted:

I'm at 14, should finish today so woop but yesterday was weird where I got 2 straight matches on the snow map defending and the other team couldn't take the 1st 3 (A , B and C) never saw that before yet alone back to back games, makes it hard to get past Lt. I got a rental T27 and etc from twitch /prime it's a noice tank that complements my Progetto and 40T so log in or whatever.

Yeah just grind it out man, it will take you like an hour max?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Three rounds of Frontline and I loving hate it already.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I just don't get anything out of frontline... I prefer shorter matches.

I'm going for the Japan Tiger in tankrewards. I hope it's fun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I know what I'm getting out of Frontlines: two premium tier 9s and about 20 million credits.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I like the money, not a fan of the matches in FL. I just get tired of it. I'm not super familiar with the maps, and get really tired of getting hit by unlit Progetos. And the arty strikes, the bombing runs, blah blah blah.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's not even any of that, it's the fact that I'm cursed to just drive around like a loving idiot with nothing to shoot at. It's as if the game is actively doing everything possible to keep the action as far away from my vehicles as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sair
May 11, 2007

I just like playing on a map that isn't lanes.