Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Shokugeki no Citizen

Soma, except he clips through floors, stands on benches and never actually serves food to his customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Forums > Games > Starve/Shitizen: The Inedible Consequences of Piracy

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

The memories of a CIG telling people that there is enough gameplay in a single planet that stole players will never want to go venture into space is nice. :)

Also be sure to hunt your procedural bird and animal wildlife to sell to the passing space traders.

I too look forward to reenacting Recettear except in space and with the threat of players with lust on their minds showing me the inevitable consequences of piracy while also hoping they do it fast enough I can eat some procedural eggs before I suddenly die. :ohdear:

That reminds me, Recettear is a pretty good store management/dungeon crawling game, annoying anime characters aside.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dwesa posted:

You can't have colonization without a colon.

:five::five::five::five::five:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eVf4bzL82Y

Inside Star Citizen:

part 1 - Rasputin waffles on about mining for bloody ages
part 2 - Jared goes for the jugular, "hey guys never mind about that hunger poo poo, here, have a new shiny..." https://youtu.be/7eVf4bzL82Y?t=206
part 3 - Jared shows that CIG is always listening to the backers and hey! sometimes they even put stuff in because the backers asked for it! https://youtu.be/7eVf4bzL82Y?t=673

Judging by the views of the not astroturfing but totally organic and real YouTube viewers solidly in line behind the project commenting below the vid, all is well in Citizen-land.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Shiloh posted:

part 2 - Jared goes for the jugular, "hey guys never mind about that hunger poo poo, here, have a new shiny..." https://youtu.be/7eVf4bzL82Y?t=206

How many cross-bars should we have on this ship? Every cross-bar in the universe.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Popete posted:

How many cross-bars should we have on this ship? Every cross-bar in the universe.

It's a forest apparently, for the space birds. I doubt we'll ever actually see the space birds in game, in the same way as I doubt we'll ever see the space Chinese turtles. If we're lucky, we might see the space Visigoths pulling a human caterpillar in their space ship.

Actually, make that "if we're unlucky".

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

this avatar and word will forever be etched in my memory
and all i can say about it is

tane

Popete posted:

lol, take a break for a month and it'll all be fine. When has anything regarding SC gotten better?

also: in starcitizenland a month is nothing. maybe he should take a break for a decade and then check again and even then he should not expect too much progress.

colonelwest posted:

It’s weird with this one though. CIG has lied and made insane or contradictory promises for years now, but they’ve always been consistent on wanting to make their game punishingly boring and tedious. Like Chris has talked about everything from perma-death (death of a spaceman) to showers and penalties for bad personal hygiene.

This is the horrible vision they backed. It’s a mixture of an extreme autistic obsession with detail and a child’s understanding of science and game development.

but check the initial kickstarter, that was not boring. i dont think chris wants to make boring stuff and i do not think that he is some sort of autist. i think the boring/tedious stuff is all they can hope to implement. because, you know, implementing exciting and fun mechanincs is a bit harder. since they realized this a million times now, that they fail to make the game exciting, its just a sales-tactic to tell backers that this horseshit is exactly what they wanted...since forever.

he is just a dodgy salesman

“so this FERRARI i promised you...well delivery got delayed...but have a look at this HYUNDAI here!!“

“but i already paid the full price for the-“

“JUST LOOK AT THIS HYUNDAI!!!“

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 12, 2020

marumaru
May 20, 2013

zcrow posted:

we need starve shitizen as the new name

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Bumble He posted:

ut check the initial kickstarter, that was not boring. i dont think chris wants to make boring stuff and i do not think that he is some sort of autist. i think the boring/tedious stuff is all they can hope to implement. because, you know, implementing exciting and fun mechanincs is a bit harder. since they realized this a million times now, that they fail to make the game exciting, its just a sales-tactic to tell backers that this horseshit is exactly what they wanted...since forever.

This is exactly it. They can't make it. So they're going to do what little they can, and it's easy to cobble together a very bad survival game. Inventory icons that make meters go up. The extent of CIG's ability.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's the AAA version of Yandere Simulator.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Boy I sure am revved up about the new drop ship tho. Just like the last drop ship. Remember that, and how good and useful it was and how often you'd run into a situation where you needed to use it and a generic cargo ship wouldn't work just as well?

I assume they're putting it in the game to enable emergency pizza delivery gameplay. If you own one, YOU can bring those Hot N Ready boxes to the space men in need. Combined arms combat, what is that?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

zcrow posted:

:five:

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 13, 2020

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Talking of food. Imagine being stuck in a liferaft with Chris, Erin and Ben.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Second-biggest IT-news site in Germany, title means "Hitchhiking through Star Citizen", the only critical voices can be found in the comments section for this 5 pages long article. Gets me thinking... can it really be that easy?
- "Here, take some money and write up a positive article"
- "Oki-dokey"

It's like advertising Fyre Festival 2.0 or hyping up the Add-On for Duke Nukem Forever. However, it seems to be easy money for Golem because, just judging by the number of comments, nobody gives a poo poo anymore. Even the article about the Harvester-AI in the C&C remake has more than double the comments on it, but it's probably enough to sucker a handful of new people in and rebuild some positive reputation for the outsider.

The comment section is what one would expect... someone brings up that whole nepotism thing (CR is hardly to be seen these days, this whole "pay for the millonaires dinner" thing and that his wife, VP of marketing, vanished), but the response is that Erin Roberts was a successful video game producer and that this argument was also used by DS and is therefore invalid, so standard-fare here.

It's really amazing that this whole thing is still going strong after 8 years and 300 million dollars burnt for what is basically a buggy tech demo built on sand... and that there are still sizeable news outlets publishing these marketing articles. Don't they fear damaging their reputation by promoting a scam that will go under sooner or later?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Ladies and Gentlemen, Goons and Observers, it saddens me to inform you that one of our own has passed away.

DapperDon died from a heart attack on the way to the hospital. He is survived by his wife.

Don was a frequent contributor on the ARGCast as well as this thread, and sometimes ventured into the wilds of Reddit.

We have lost a voice in the chorus of the great Star Citizen oral history. I am ashamed to say I did not know him well enough, but many here did and made friendships with him that will affect them past his death.

Don wasn't just goon shitposting about Star Citizen. He was a dog daddy, of 4 at the same time at one point. He made animal baths. He was an avid woodcrafter. An enthusiastic snowmobiler. A lover of visual gags. And by many reports a great cook.

I am poorer for his absence, as will us in this little corner of the world.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Goons and Observers, it saddens me to inform you that one of our own has passed away.

DapperDon died from a heart attack on the way to the hospital. He is survived by his wife.

Don was a frequent contributor on the ARGCast as well as this thread, and sometimes ventured into the wilds of Reddit.

We have lost a voice in the chorus of the great Star Citizen oral history. I am ashamed to say I did not know him well enough, but many here did and made friendships with him that will affect them past his death.

Don wasn't just goon shitposting about Star Citizen. He was a dog daddy, of 4 at the same time at one point. He made animal baths. He was an avid woodcrafter. An enthusiastic snowmobiler. A lover of visual gags. And by many reports a great cook.

drat.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Bootcha posted:

gently caress.
:smith:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Daaaamn. Don was a gentleman and a scholar.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Dooguk posted:

Talking of food. Imagine being stuck in a liferaft with Chris, Erin and Ben.

Imagine being stuck in a liferaft with Chris, Erin, and Ben. Imagine being stuck in a liferaft with Erin and Ben. Imagine being stuck in a lifecraft with Ben. Imagine being stuck in Ben with Chris and Erin.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Scruffpuff posted:

Imagine being stuck in a liferaft with Chris, Erin, and Ben.
it sinks immediately

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

god loving dammit man.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

zcrow posted:

:discourse:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Bootcha posted:

:911: sorry dude :(

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bootcha posted:

well, poo poo

rest in peace, buddy

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Bootcha posted:

This is terrible news. I always meant to drive down and meet the man in person, and now I regret waiting. Goonspeed Dapper.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bootcha posted:

Holy cow. This is terrible. :(

I'm so so sorry. :(

My deepest condolences to his friends and family. :(

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Eat poo poo, Star Citizen

o7

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Awwwww gently caress no, that's awful news, Don rocked :(

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

zcrow posted:

:bisonyes:

Bootcha posted:

Wow, that loving sucks. I didn't really know him, but I always enjoyed his posts.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

gently caress. I enjoyed his posts and views.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Don was my friend. He was a true compatriot whether it was owning star citizen dorks or eating twitter account bans for making fun of idiot chuds. He was an incredibly interesting man with more talents and hobbies in one pinkie finger than most people have in their whole bodies. I will miss him and humbly request that we get a thread title change to "Eat poo poo, Star Citizen" in his honor.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bootcha posted:

o7 Dapper Don. May your star shine brightly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

just want to give a quick update, my gal went into the docs office today with some pretty coronavirus-esque symptoms but because she hasn't traveled outside the country, they won't test her unless she wants to pay almost $600 out of pocket

she was a disneyland a loving week ago

anyway back to star citizen lol

CA is hosed as you can tell.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bootcha posted:

Oh drat that sucks. I always enjoyed his posts.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

The point of true colonization in a game is... to eat and have a poo poo?

CR has watched The Martian.

Get growing those potatoes people.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rest in peace, Don. I didn't know you apart from reading your posts here, but it sounds like you made the life of everyone you knew brighter.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

CA is hosed as you can tell.

Population density is their problem. Complete cessation of public services is the FL problem. Luckily our older population should completely overreact, although I suspect that Scott’s quarantine is an effort to stay away from people. First one in our county is a guy who returned from a Nile cruise.

Our company basically retooled to send as many people home as possible by pivoting on the VPNs, which has shifted our working load a bit.

This is an economic stop, though. Disney just closed. Our tiny Orlando downtown is deserted. The knock-on effects are going to be amazing.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Popete posted:

lol, take a break for a month and it'll all be fine. When has anything regarding SC gotten better?

When has anything happened with SC in a month.

4 months at CIG is like normal week for every one else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Bootcha posted:

feeling sad now. :(

but none of us will live to see star citizen be feature complete