Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wazzu posted:

What the hell happened with David Starr in WXW? I'm only seeing veiled references to it.

He lost a loser leaves WXW match and then cut a promo where he basically implied WXW had been told by WWE to stop using him because of poo poo like his union organising and apparently it won't make it to the on demand video of the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Wazzu posted:

What the hell happened with David Starr in WXW? I'm only seeing veiled references to it.

From what i've seen implied is that WWE basically told WXW (since they're now affiliated) to stop booking him because of him being so pro-unionization, but don't have any sort of proof of that, obviously.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

Apparently the Faye-Effy match wasn't the only horny thing at the show

https://twitter.com/fayejackson419/status/1236983148199710723?s=19

Definitely explains the long-rear end lines. Granted, they have exactly two single-stall bathrooms, so it wouldn't be good at the best of times.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Had and lost a title match where if he lost he was done in wXw. Considering the company's relationship with WWE, and considering that numerous other companies that have relationships with WWE are also places Starr can no longer work in, it's unlikely this is a coincidence, and his promo postmatch (that is never getting uploaded to the VOD release of the show, as wXw already confirmed), hinted as much

Basically he's been very critical pretty openly obviously of WWE's business practices in every way, he's pro-union, etc. That hasn't gone unnoticed, and the more places WWE swallows up, the more places he'll be blackballed from

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wazzu posted:

Edit: apparently been forced out of any WWE adjacent promotions. Holy gently caress WWE is an evil petty company

Starr was on his way out because of the WWE purchase and they let him do his pro-union promo. I thought it was pretty cool of wXw. Anyone trying to get some malicious angle out of it is being worked.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Starr was ousted from Progress as well recently

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coconono posted:

Starr was on his way out because of the WWE purchase and they let him do his pro-union promo. I thought it was pretty cool of wXw. Anyone trying to get some malicious angle out of it is being worked.

starr's promo was live crowd only and won't be on the video so ymmv

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

e: i'm ranting like a weirdo agin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Starr was ousted from Progress as well recently

Exact same stip too

At least EVOLVE didn't have "Starr's out when he loses" explicitly said when he lost to Keith Lee and was kicked out because Gabe takes orders from HHH

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

until Starr's union gets enough clout, expect this to happen quite a bit. I'd be surprised if the IWTV affiliates haven't at least looked at the union benefits.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Super No Vacancy posted:

starr's promo was live crowd only and won't be on the video so ymmv

Also they had cut another promo from him in New York because he criticized WWE.

It's not really "malicious" to think it's lovely that wXw has chosen a garbage relationship with WWE over a dude that's been a regular for five years, especially after losing so many of their top talents. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think WWE has actually bought wXw. And either way, it's some gross capitulation for a company that "lends" talent only to pull them at the last minute.

(And don't get me started on them giving a WWE contracted wrestler a title belt by making the title match a three way right before the bell for no reason....)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wXw's been ROH level for years. Their top guys all had better matches more noteworthy matches in other companies. I remember when they were part of FloSlam and their poo poo was all boring sports entertainment angles.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Also they had cut another promo from him in New York because he criticized WWE.

It's not really "malicious" to think it's lovely that wXw has chosen a garbage relationship with WWE over a dude that's been a regular for five years, especially after losing so many of their top talents. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think WWE has actually bought wXw. And either way, it's some gross capitulation for a company that "lends" talent only to pull them at the last minute.

(And don't get me started on them giving a WWE contracted wrestler a title belt by making the title match a three way right before the bell for no reason....)

Also

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1237062080752058369

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you're in the mood for contrasting indie approaches between national tv companies the 'we went to AEW' episode of the AIW podcast is worth a listen

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

On the most recent Limitless show, Kris Statlander specifically said that the reason she signed with AEW rather than WWE was because AEW were fine with her still doing indie shows for as long as she wanted.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Collective is saying the show will go on regardless of the Wrestlemania situation. I do wonder how many people are coming in just for the indy shows compared to those that go to Mania and it's event. I would imagine there's some crossover but like all things WWE, not that much (with the exception of maybe NXT).

https://twitter.com/collective2020/status/1237786710806757378

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The most important part of Mania Week is Faye Jackson's Grey Sweatpants Battleroyal.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

right now i'm torn between like "i dont want to help spread a plague that's going to kill millions of people" and "they're running colon/takeda iii at no holds barred on thursday night"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

joey janela should book himself vs akira hokuto for JJSBIV.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This has pushed me towards buying the full Collective on Fite to show support

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you were gonna get a disease at the outlaw mudshow poo poo anyway.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lamuella posted:

This has pushed me towards buying the full Collective on Fite to show support

Coronavirus concerns was the thing holding me back but if the show must go on, I’m buying the dang thing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm gonna hold off on buying the package a little longer. It's cool for The Collective to say they're going to put the shows on anyway, but if something happens and Tampa shuts down all shows/gatherings/events that week I don't want to have to deal with whatever getting a refund from FITE entails.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
If they didn't give a full refund at least you would have 130 bucks in credits for maybe a years worth of GCW shows. Kind of a push.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm gonna hold off on buying the package a little longer. It's cool for The Collective to say they're going to put the shows on anyway, but if something happens and Tampa shuts down all shows/gatherings/events that week I don't want to have to deal with whatever getting a refund from FITE entails.

I had technical issues and they were real good about a refund

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I got a refund in ther Fite Pass mobile points of the awful NJPW UK stream that worked out for me. They're gonna get a lot though if both the collective and the wrestlecon shows get pulled

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if I'm fite right now, I'm building some system to allow you to convert canceled purchases into fite credit at a large discount, but I do expect you'll get refunds if you ask

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1238246419619815425

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kobe has died twice now. :smith:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Speaking of death,

https://www.fite.tv/watch/gcw-the-wrld-on-gcw/2p6g2/

Temporary GDT for anyone else who's ordered it although I completely question why the gently caress they'd keep running shows, these people are unionized or have full-time jobs and pretty much have to. I'll buy this show for the next 5 people to quote me, just pay it forward if you can

e: Actually I have no idea how to gift it to someone else without logging in with their details, so the next 5 posters who quote me can have $10 donated to the charity of their choice and also this dumb gently caress on the mic doesn't deserve anyone's money.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 13, 2020

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

So this is becoming a common theme unfortunately :(

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Chris Dickinson confirming he's gonna be a super spreader for coronavirus. What a trooper

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Huntman posted:

Chris Dickinson confirming he's gonna be a super spreader for coronavirus. What a trooper
I thought Chris was cool but welp

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hope no one even 8nvluding RSP gets coronavirus

Yay Ruckus

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ruckus gained like 50 pounds since the last time I saw him jesus

e: He has ascended to Chris Hero levels of fat man cardio

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 13, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Whatever Ruckus puts in those blunts is working its magic on keeping his 2000s offense going strong.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This show's had like 5 minutes of wrestling and 20 minutes of promos about the coronavirus

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Poor Deppen :( Cracked his noggin open.

NOW SEND OUT MATTHEW JUSTICE TO DO THE SAME

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Effey just hit an unprotected chairshot to the loving dome on Matthew Justice while the fans chant "CTE"

Uhhhhhh GCW what are yall doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I can't remember the last Matthew Justice match I saw where he didn't take an unprotected chair shot to the head tbh.