Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Google Butt posted:

Is anything that we're learning from Italy be applied here without Federal action?

Yeah we can die on our own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Funny how the issue would never have started if people just like, didn't hoard.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

All the people coming into the liquor store hands raw from washing compulsively all lining up to purchase a substance that trashes your immune system.

Do not drink or smoke during this morons.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

I just got baked outside my hotel, then I'm taking a shower n taking the wrapped cup out of its wrapper, pour some beer into it, get drunk and watch Contagion for the first time

It's an excellent movie, enjoy. Apparently pretty well researched and accurate (although the virus has a crazy high kill rate in the movie, I think 20%), other than that there are spooky parallels to what's happening now.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Me and a guy at work have been talking within earshot of TP hoarders about how we heard people are mixing the TP with water and using the pulp to form their own makeshift masks.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

owlhawk911 posted:

so are old dried out disinfectant wipes still good if you get em wet again?

if you wet them with alcohol, 70% or higher concentration. most disinfectant wipes use plain old rubbing alcohol with some mild detergent and scent.

(do not mix up your disinfectant wipes and your dude wipes. concentrated alcohol on your areas will sting like the dickens!)

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

smoobles posted:

It's an excellent movie, enjoy. Apparently pretty well researched and accurate (although the virus has a crazy high kill rate in the movie, I think 20%), other than that there are spooky parallels to what's happening now.

And it's Gwyneth Paltrow's fault that it hits the US which is just *chef's kiss*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Just dip your hands in Everclear for thirty minutes.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

smoobles posted:

I made the mistake of going to Target an hour ago

Toilet paper was sold out, and half the shopping carts in the check out aisles had paper towels

People are wiping their asses with paper towels

What the gently caress is wrong with Americans

EDIT: Yesterday I ate at Popeye's and there were no napkins out, I had to request them. I suspect now that people were stealing napkins from Popeyes to wipe their lovely butts. We deserve this pandemic.
I didn't buy paper towels because I wanted toilet paper, I bought paper towels for the same reason people are buying toilet paper

I'll need them and I don't particularly want to go out for them

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Niwrad posted:

If you own a house and have to worry about your sewer line, I highly recommend you not use napkins or paper towels. Just buy one of those attachable bidets for $50 on Amazon and use that if it comes to it.

You can use whatever, newspaper, old sears catalog, pinecones. Just don't try to flush it. Put it in the trash can like they do in lots of places with fragile plumbing.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Do not drink or smoke

get a load of this guy

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Just poo poo in the tub now and start working on that fecal lasagna

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

smoobles posted:

I made the mistake of going to Target an hour ago

Toilet paper was sold out, and half the shopping carts in the check out aisles had paper towels

People are wiping their asses with paper towels

What the gently caress is wrong with Americans

EDIT: Yesterday I ate at Popeye's and there were no napkins out, I had to request them. I suspect now that people were stealing napkins from Popeyes to wipe their lovely butts. We deserve this pandemic.

Having suffered an American diet for two months I am surprised TP isn't PT down here by default, honestly. Your "food" is garbage and my digestion may never recover.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm like

Freaking out man!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

All the people coming into the liquor store hands raw from washing compulsively all lining up to purchase a substance that trashes your immune system.

Do not drink or smoke during this morons.

Alcohol kills germs, moron. I'm knocking back a bottle of wine every evening, same as usual and I'm completely healthy!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What if... mother nature is making a movie... and the hero is covid-19...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
No we can't touch our faces
No we can't meet at all
Hey, 19

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
anyone know if the virus effects balls? i dont want to lose any beefiness.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm pretty sure I legit gave myself a sore throat and sinus congestion from anxiety. That's what I'm telling myself and that I won't wake up needing a tube in my gullet

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Just poo poo in the tub now and start working on that fecal lasagna

nice

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You uh don't wanna provoke the monkey sayin poo poo like that.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chinatown posted:

anyone know if the virus effects balls? i dont want to lose any beefiness.

It swells them to twice their size

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Imma wipe my rear end with a cat

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

bird with big dick posted:

I'm gonna wipe a cat with my rear end

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

My wife's spin class is no longer high fiving. We were loving doomed from the start!

"We've loved having the high-five as a sacred part of the experience since we started doing underground rides over six years ago. However, our love for you is even stronger. For the next little while, we'll be tossing out big greetings, shout-outs, elbow taps, and towel-waves mid-ride to express our joy in lieu of the legendary high-five. (but be ready for the high-five to come back in a big way when this blows over :))"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/Wienermobile/status/1238232995624030215

NOW we’re hosed

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

sweet thursday posted:

I just got baked outside my hotel, then I'm taking a shower n taking the wrapped cup out of its wrapper, pour some beer into it, get drunk and watch Contagion for the first time

just did this and boy is it cool actually living in minnesota lol

they did not film in minnesota though. but they did get the area codes right so im very impressed

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

sweet thursday posted:

What if... mother nature is making a movie... and the hero is covid-19...

Retribution for climate change. That's why it's targeting Boomers.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

How pedestrian. It's owls or nothing for me.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

klapman posted:

just did this and boy is it cool actually living in minnesota lol

they did not film in minnesota though. but they did get the area codes right so im very impressed

I'm still mad about Kate Winslet dying because the evacuation pod went to a congressman.

The Minnesota public health guy throwing flowers in with her in the mass grave :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was starting to feel ill, dizzy, and "out of it" last night and thought I might be starting to get sick. Turns out I was honest to god having a dissociative issue after listening to the president speak.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's like people don't have washcloths and a sink.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We are living during pandemic times. We are going to be in history books. Hello, history! What is it like living during historical times? Kind of feels the same as normal life only things keep getting worse every time you reload your news app. News app? It was on phones. Phones? Oh never mind

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Or garden hoses!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

one of the students im in rad tech school with is apparently under 2 week quarantine, and they still want us to go to our clinical sites tomorrow morning. what the gently caress is that bullshit? i told a classmate i wouldnt be there and they were just like “ok see you there next week!”. are people just so locked into their routine they cant even imagine something happening to change it? the collective response from everyone around me is just like not to look at it or something.

i should have bought one million beers!!!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Me, I'm just trying to figure out what's something I can do with my time that is productive and doesn't involve drugs or drink, of which I don't partake.

Maybe I'll research a cure for cancer, but I'm open to other suggestions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/mariekewalsh/status/1238280727633985536?s=21

RIP Canucks

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
My work is still going and I'm starting to lose morale and I'm really scared to go in. Nobody is diagnosed so no confirmed cases but I just talked to a co-worker who felt "tired, exhausted, achey all over and a low grade fever for the last three weeks." What the gently caress.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

We are living during pandemic times. We are going to be in history books. Hello, history! What is it like living during historical times? Kind of feels the same as normal life only things keep getting worse every time you reload your news app. News app? It was on phones. Phones? Oh never mind

I'm going to die flipping the bird for when future archaeologists dig up my mass grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

God, coronavirus is all anyone talks about now.

Major events are getting cancelled left and right, schools stopping classes, entire sports leagues are cancelling their whole seasons, and now my inbox is filling up with emails from various companies telling me what they’re doing about it.

Just how bad is this poo poo?