Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1238270432601653250

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1238270662684401664

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1238272640516870144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Speaking of fossil digging, I'm really sad that the OG gamecube noise for fossil-finds never ever came back. I think I make that noise to myself anytime I find something I was looking for and I know a few other people who have it burned into their lizard brains as well.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Just got order shipping confirmation on my AC switch. :getin:

e: I got internet back on my desktop, now I can see I'm rollin w/ the raccgoons. Thank you very much, all involved parties!

Kalsco fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 13, 2020

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Khanstant posted:

Speaking of fossil digging, I'm really sad that the OG gamecube noise for fossil-finds never ever came back. I think I make that noise to myself anytime I find something I was looking for and I know a few other people who have it burned into their lizard brains as well.

Okay your avatar just gave me huge nostalgia because I thought i was the only one who saw the Peon like that

Also, That little "woohoo woohoo" when you found a fossil was always nice

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So are you able to build up your island or just go down? Because I absolutely want a looming spire for Castle Nessus

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Can't wait to play this game and hang out with my fake video game animal friends since right now human contact = floor is lava.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

So are you able to build up your island or just go down? Because I absolutely want a looming spire for Castle Nessus

you can but it has a limit of like one extra height

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So it's worth noting that the boxing ring and witch themed towns in that trailer have 3 levels of cliff. This is new information.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Nessus posted:

You can make up to 4 tiers but can only climb up to the 3rd (so I guess the 4th won't even have trees etc).

Nobody knows if that means you can flatten your island and have just one tiered Tower of cliffs or what.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

C. E. Croix posted:

Can't wait to play this game and hang out with my fake video game animal friends since right now human contact = floor is lava.

Lol. Animal Crossing may be the only contact I have with my friends for the next several months.

Italian ad seems kinda cruel now since I can't imagine kids riding a public bus to school or chilling in the woods under a quarantine.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anybody picking up the Switch from Best Buy tomorrow? My preorder moved to "Preparing" earlier in the week, but is still not "ready for pickup". Feels off! Still gonna book it over there when they open tomorrow due to a completely irrational fear that they'll sell my preorder.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

enojy posted:

Anybody picking up the Switch from Best Buy tomorrow? My preorder moved to "Preparing" earlier in the week, but is still not "ready for pickup". Feels off! Still gonna book it over there when they open tomorrow due to a completely irrational fear that they'll sell my preorder.

Tell em the raccoon goons will be on their way if they screw you over

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At the bottom, race car beds :aaa:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Not content with just the Makar mask anymore.

Need all varieties of Korok mask and hopefully be able to put on most villager heads as the custom island head-wear.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Electric Phantasm posted:

That MECHA! Gimme that!

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I sleep in a big bed, with my wife.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

enojy posted:

Mine says “preparing for pick up tomorrow.” I was feeling like they’ve normally changed it to “ready for pick up tomorrow” by now, but that could just be my anxiety talking... wut up “gonna be at Best Buy when it opens due to irrational fears” buddy? :hfive:

Edit: mine just updated to “ready for pick up tomorrow”

Niemat fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 13, 2020

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

And More posted:

I think for my island, I'll go for something really old school: The village from the Patrick McGoohan show The Prisoner. http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=f-G-A-z-G-z-f-z-e-z-a-s-c-a-b-z&title=Prisoner%20Theme

If I visit your town, I promise to wear a numbered shirt and draw a penny farthing bicycle on your bulliten board.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DERTS board! Truly, I can make my island Shenmue themed now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am really hopeful that i can swing by gamestop tomorrow right as they open and pick up an animal crossing edition switch

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

7 days. 7 DAYS!! After work tomorrow I get to pick up my AC Switch from Gamestop! Then it's just SEVEN DAYS!!!! :dogcited:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Nemo2342 posted:

Spooky Scary

This is Halloween

Sadly I haven't found anyone who's turned part of The Time Warp into a good tune.

I've got something kind of like the Time Warp now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Silver Snail posted:

Just like nature intended.

Bees are actually good and nice. It’s hornets and wasps which add nothing of value to this planet who sting for no loving reason and can do it multiple times because god is cruel

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1238277079256444929?s=19

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

May I commission a tune goon for the Dark World theme from LTTP? I thought I'd be able to get it down, but I'm struggling.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

You can't do an A# so this is the best you're gonna get. :(

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=z-g-g-g-g-a-s-s-z-b-b-b-b-c-s-s&title=Dark%20World

eta: Alternative. Transpose it up a tone and it works kinda? :v:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 13, 2020

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i am extremely boring so i'll probably go with

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=c-s-c-d-e-z-d-z-c-s-G-z-e-s-z-z&title=Totaka%27s%20Song

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Real torn between this and the Doom theme.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

dragon_pamcake posted:

If I visit your town, I promise to wear a numbered shirt and draw a penny farthing bicycle on your bulliten board.

Be seeing you there.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Bees are actually good and nice. It's hornets and wasps which add nothing of value to this planet who sting for no loving reason and can do it multiple times because god is cruel

Wasps exist to help figs, and figs are delicious. :colbert:

Safari Disco Lion posted:

You can't do an A# so this is the best you're gonna get. :(

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=z-g-g-g-g-a-s-s-z-b-b-b-b-c-s-s&title=Dark%20World

eta: Alternative. Transpose it up a tone and it works kinda? :v:

It's a bummer that you can't speed up a tone. It would really help recreate the feel of that tune. How come we have hyper realistic bugs, but not hyper realistic music making, anyway? What kind of priorities are those?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

When your country's government wants to top the charts for corona deaths and delays closing schools for:

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1238389471646810113?s=21

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Nintendo UK and Tom Nook are thriving on our loving misery, eat a poo poo sandwich and release the game

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Manuel Calavera posted:

I wonder how Rattlesnake would translate...
Rattlesnake might need a bit more tweaking.
Lord of Lightning came out pretty well.
Crumbing Castle a bit harder.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

T...t...Teacup Rides!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A more beautiful sight has never graced mine eyes...

I'm in camp Mecha, gimme gimme gimme

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Niemat posted:

Mine says “preparing for pick up tomorrow.” I was feeling like they’ve normally changed it to “ready for pick up tomorrow” by now, but that could just be my anxiety talking... wut up “gonna be at Best Buy when it opens due to irrational fears” buddy? :hfive:

Edit: mine just updated to “ready for pick up tomorrow”

I spoke too soon! I got the email after I went to sleep! I feel like those emails used to go out a little sooner, but I can't remember the last time I preordered something for pickup.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I just got an E-mail from Amazon, the estimated delivery date for the AC switch has been changed to between march 26th and the 30th and since you can't transfer your island between systems I'll just have to wait until it arrives before I can play.

So go on with out me, I'll just stay back here and dream of an island made of fossils and race car beds.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Bees are actually good and nice. It’s hornets and wasps which add nothing of value to this planet who sting for no loving reason and can do it multiple times because god is cruel

Actually wasps and hornets, besides from being secretly important pollinators, are crucial apex predators in the world of insects, and help control the populations of all sorts of leaf eating insects. In fact, many varieties of trees have evolved a specific "distress scent" that they release specifically to call wasps, as a defense against an overpopulation of caterpillars! And there are varieties of social wasps, such as paper wasps, that can be tamed by human hands! Feed the queen sugar water every day, and she'll tell the whole hive to chill out and you can touch their nest everything! They can recognize different humans by their faces, and pass intelligence tests that bees fail! No animal exists on this earth for no reason, you are not an end all rational arbiter of purpose, so be nice to wasps, fucker!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They need to confirm the Dream Suite yesterday

I can't wait to see everyone's island after they make some progress.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PancakeTransmission posted:

Rattlesnake might need a bit more tweaking.
Lord of Lightning came out pretty well.
Crumbing Castle a bit harder.

It distinctly sounds like Rattlesnake though!
...I haven't listened closely to Murder of the Universe and I'm most familiar with pt. 3 tbh. But these are good, better than I could manage probably!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e - accidental emptyquote