Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

I really want to be able to make pancakes post apocalypse

Does anyone have any ideas for how to have eggs, besides getting a chicken that my cats will immediately slaughter

ostrich

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

hifi posted:

did anyone buy like shortening and powdered milk? old school type stuff

i have powdered milk since i take it backpacking. a big box of it lasts forever.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

oh no, my uncle works at nintendo

not anymore :rip:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wait a week.

WE'LL ALL BE DEAD THEN

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

Does anyone have any ideas for how to have eggs, besides getting a chicken that my cats will immediately slaughter

iirc you can substitute human blood for eggs

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

snoo posted:

ostrich

woah

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

twoday posted:

You could get an Ostrich but it might immediately slaughter your cats.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wait a week.

I demand an end to beanposting and a return to nihilism now, goddamnit!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i already bought my TP and i actually have an uninstalled bidet, but if you're running low on TP for your bunghole you can always use a squirty water bottle and wash your rear end with it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i already bought my TP and i actually have an uninstalled bidet, but if you're running low on TP for your bunghole you can always use a squirty water bottle and wash your rear end with it

use a cat

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

A Russian troll farm posted:

Tomorrow will be day 10 of "am i just hung over, or is this coronavirus?"

lol too true, brother!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I like to simulate an automatic experience by filling it with vinegar and baking powder

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
email just went out to our school district someone at an elementary school tested positive

(schools still aren't closed)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It's alright you all, UC Berkeley scheduled that in-person hackathon to solve coronavirus, solution any minute now

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

with great difficulty

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

My food plan is rice and beans plus tomatoes, greens, and sausage. Think I didn't get enough rice though

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
every night i go to sleep i imagine the majora's mask black screen popping up going "48 hours remaining" but i don't know how much time is left and i don't know what's coming

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

bomb posted:

why y’all eatin your beans at this point there is still fresh produce and meat

don’t blow your beans early

beans and lentils have been teh staple of my diet for the past 6 years

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's really loving weird to eat chili without beans

basically consuming semiliquid meat sauce

if you're not topping a hot dog with it then put beans in your god drat chili

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

twoday posted:

Chickens are mean as poo poo, dude. When my mom had chickens, her mouser/barn cats were terrified of them.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
cockroach eggs can sub in for chicken ones in a pinch, twoday

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

bought 12 lbs of rice, bunch of frozen veggies, coffee, 2 bottles of whiskey. going to keep building my supply cache

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

twoday posted:

you can make pancakes with bananas look up vegan pancake recipes they're also way better

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ran in to a coworker at the store after work tonight and he seemed really embarrassed to be buying all the soup he was

lol I bought my beans and rice a month ago

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

just poo poo in the shower

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

I am lying around my house like Smaug except its buckwheat instead of treasure and poo poo

twoday
May 4, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You could get an Ostrich but it might immediately slaughter your cats.

Yeah but I can also ride it like a horse sooo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Garou_Hidalgo/status/1238251668229283845

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

twoday posted:

buy those quarts of eggs and freeze em

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Unsinkabear posted:

Amazon has about eight million different oximeters. Does anyone know which ones can I actually trust?

I don't really know BUT I quickly cross-referenced what brands are carried on an EMS supply website and compared that to the brands Amazon lists = Nonin, ADC

Beyond that I guess just look at amazon reviews?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
also the point of stockpiling food is not that food is going to vanish from store shelves for a month straight, it's that you need to stay inside and not order food from possibly infected people until this poo poo dies down. There's gonna be avocados and spinach at the grocery store every day. There will also be coronavirus carriers outside, so stay inside and eat your beans

twoday
May 4, 2005

cheese eats mouse posted:

you can make pancakes with bananas look up vegan pancake recipes they're also way better

This reminds me of the opening chapter of Gravity's Rainbow, which is about someone managing to grow the only banana in London in a greenhouse during the Blitz and selling it for like 200 days worth of food

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

You can freeze them

https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2011/10/how-to-freeze-eggs.html

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1235570382570168323

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1238272786314989568

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

There's some really good stuff in my hoard so I'm just waiting to get the order to break into it once I run out of fresh poo poo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

you can also get powdered eggs

twoday
May 4, 2005

This is mind-blowing

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

upgunned shitpost posted:

whoever shared that melodic techno set, you're a loving forums mvp.

excellent work, my posting friend.

I missed the link. got one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Doc Walrus posted:

eat your beans