Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

I had to check the timeline on this and lol @ the most 1930’s story ever:

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

twoday posted:

I had to check the timeline on this and lol @ the most 1930’s story ever:

philadelphia is the greatest city in the united states of america

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Squinky v2.0 posted:

free covid testing for pell grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in a disadvantaged community

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lets send hordes of white people into all the asian/indian/mexican groceries to buy out all their food too

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

that led to seeing weirdo religious twitter thingers

:ok:

lol gettin all mad about the papists

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

haha lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

heres the basic rundown of what i heard from the stock guys at the office:

-huge injection of cash shows that its not a financial crisis, its a psychological one. the government isnt going to let the market freeze because of liquidity or credit issues

-you cant measure panic so who knows where the bottom is, but they think we are close

-poo poo is going to be hosed for a while because we are where china was weeks ago. events will be canceled, people will work from home

-its a virus so it will work its way through america. after that things will return to normal like china is doing now, where they are 75-80% back to normal productivity

-stock prices are leading indicators (because they are an investment in future performance) so they will rise faster than the economy reactivates

There's some deeply systemic structural poo poo that is causing math to stop working properly and my guess is that where 2008's fraud was in the dishonest risk modeling of mortgages once securitized, this crash is in the dishonest risk modeling of collateral for commercial credit lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of this with big regulations on convertible debt and the usage of debt to finance stock buybacks.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

dads friend steve posted:

lol gettin all mad about the papists

every once in a while at work someone goes through the parking lot and sticks a little book under the windshield wipers of each car about the pope being satan or whatever and every time im like "sweet, more paper to burn in my chimney starter"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
plnakeys sad rear end crappy meals inspired me to share one of my charcuterie happy meals

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

There's some deeply systemic structural poo poo that is causing math to stop working properly and my guess is that where 2008's fraud was in the dishonest risk modeling of mortgages once securitized, this crash is in the dishonest risk modeling of collateral for commercial credit lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of this with big regulations on convertible debt and the usage of debt to finance stock buybacks.

for some reason we don't have acurate models to predict what happens when millions die and most economic activity stops for months

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Francis KNEW

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cumshitter posted:

plnakeys sad rear end crappy meals inspired me to share one of my charcuterie happy meals

now this is a meal

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cumshitter posted:

what a horrible meal

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cumshitter posted:

i feel like yer trying to tell me something

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
melt some of that cheese on those crackers with meat and make some lunchable strombos

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cumshitter posted:

everything flat but the cheese? what is wrong with you

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

give me that sweaty salami

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Plinkey posted:

melt some of that cheese on those crackers with meat and make some lunchable strombos

nobody’s heating up crackers and you know it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

PEANUTS

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

u wrap the cheese cubes in salami and crush the cracker over them

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

snoo posted:

everything flat but the cheese? what is wrong with you

it broke up while i was cutting it

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

u wrap the cheese cubes in salami and crush the cracker over them

now I got fuckin crumbs everywhere, genius

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cumshitter posted:

it broke up while i was cutting it

oh I'm gonna break something

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
personally i love the bareley legible scrawling of "give money" contrasted with the thought of, "is munny in kingdom hearts a refernece to money?????"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

snoo posted:

now I got fuckin crumbs everywhere, genius

yeah. delicious crumbs.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FAUXTON posted:

No joke the majority of this panic buying is people who are wanting to be seen buying more than the next lilyass burbroach. Go to a store that isn't one of those hugeass buy n large crate sheds and you'd think the roni never happened.

i feel like people’s internal contradiction of wanting to believe this isn’t a big deal but somewhere in their minds knowing it actually is cause for concern is resulting in this unique wack rear end behavior

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

if trymp gets carobvirus and dies the chuds will just say that is him giving his life so god will save them and they will believe it and vote his corpse president for life

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1238237826874880000

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Philthy posted:

Went to a local Walmart in WI tonight.

Every food shelf was 2/3 empty. Everything.

TP, Water, and paper towels were 99% empty. With the exception of the walmart brand paper towels that were either restocked recently or are so lovely no one wants them.

It wasn't busy around 9pm tho... Only one cashier open with almost half the store sold out. idgi

u've been visited by the spooky ghost of the average american consumer

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

No joke the majority of this panic buying is people who are wanting to be seen buying more than the next lilyass burbroach. Go to a store that isn't one of those hugeass buy n large crate sheds and you'd think the roni never happened.

im not panic buying im smug buying stocks and index funds. im a contrarian investor :smuggo:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

sees on news "stupid idiot morons buy all the tp"

thinks to self "hey im a stupid idiot moron!"

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
If the dipshit who resets my outlook password can do it while he works from home, then i dont see why i should have to come in to the office either

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

cumshitter posted:

im not panic buying im smug buying stocks and index funds. im a contrarian investor :smuggo:

cumshitter, do you think corporate capitalism will survive the pandemic or is it in the at-risk age bracket?

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

I went to my favorite Asian market to stock up on non-perishables and snacks this last weekend and everything was well stocked compared to the Fred Meyer down the street from my house which is very under-stocked.

loving lol people are idiots.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Eleven Eleven posted:

I went to my favorite Asian market to stock up on non-perishables and snacks this last weekend and everything was well stocked compared to the Fred Meyer down the street from my house which is very under-stocked.

loving lol people are idiots.

Um... you mean Meijer's not "Meyer" you dumb idiot!!!!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/516382177798680576

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/madflavor/status/1238341280666550272?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU