Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
And there's the still from Marge Vs. the Monorail that shows the burning twin towers :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Detective No. 27 posted:

At this point, the show is just marketing for a mobile game. Supereyepatch Wolf had a great video last year about how The Simpsons these days makes the majority of it's money through Tapped Out and how the real Simpsons content these days have been the various fan works made throughout the years.

My bootleg toy was featured in this video :)

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why are they like this

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why are they so unfunny and cretinous

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Marble is like when James May called the Kia Optima the “Optic” like the script said and everyone laughed because the director told them

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Yo whats up with the lady with the lilac (or w/e floral panicle they're trying to replicate) hair

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/PoorlyAgedStuff/status/1236392530431938562?s=20

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

That's 100% gotta be a scene that was cut in syndication, don't remember this.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Why does it have War Machine surrounded by a bunch of City of Heroes custom characters?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Man, I wish I could have made a walking whale in City of Heroes.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

iirc it wasn't part of the original episode but something Fox asked them to add in, similar to the clip you may have seen of the Simpsons reacting to Bush Seniors 'America's families need to be more like The Waltons and less like the Simpsons' statement.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

i actually saw that clip several times growing up. they may have cut it out at some point, but it was there for a while for sure.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ix-nay on the (Do not mention) the Mohammar (Another way to transliterate Muammar in latin script)

Moe is asking Homer not to mention his close relationship to former Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi

this, except "Moe" is short for Mohammar in this iteration of his shadowy past

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Libya really is a land of contrasts.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Mr Interweb posted:

i actually saw that clip several times growing up. they may have cut it out at some point, but it was there for a while for sure.

Which episode is it from? I tried a frinkiac search but no luck?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

i actually don't remember the episode, sadly

also, possibly dumb question, but i haven't had cable since like 2010, but do they still play The Simpsons on the weekdays?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

according to this wiki, it was attached to a May 1992 rerun of "Three Men and a Comic Book"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/thesimpsons/status/1235913021647699969
please let Julie Kavner go home to her family

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm pretty sure the cast of the Simpsons are just a bunch of heads in jars a la the celebrities in Futurama

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There was a Simpsons short before the new Pixar movie Onward and it loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Look at the living room background. The loving curved shadow is flat regardless of the depth of what it's being cast on, AND IT CASTS A SHADOW ON THE WINDOW GLASS.

Whoever saw the Simpsons movie and decided that it means shadows are required in every shot is an idiot

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
At least in that instance there are actually arched doorways to cast that shadow

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Who What Now posted:

There was a Simpsons short before the new Pixar movie Onward and it loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

okay but what about the Simpsons short

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one they teach Maggie sign language, but Marge gets annoyed people are ignoring her, so she cuts off their screen time.

Everyone else does well with it but Marge can't kick it so they go to a screen addiction rehab (Werner Herzog runs it. Dr. Drew has a cameo and his cartoon is for some reason ripped.)

The family eventually discovers the rehab counselors stole all their accounts when they checked in and have been using them to send spam scams so they get Werner Herzog arrested.

Also Dana Gould was there.

Super forgettable episode, which actually makes it better than the average new simpsons because they didn't commit any atrocities.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Is it the same Werner Herzog from the one where all the old people's eyeballs pop out

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What's the most recent episode to NOT feature a celebrity cameo in some way shape or form? Something from season 9 maybe?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I honestly have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised if it was way earlier than that even.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Actually, come to think of it, there's a fair few episodes involving poorly thought out business ventures that involve Homer in an important position, but his own actions really aren't actually key to its inevitable failure. Powell Motors, sure, but also Poochie and the monorail. (Of course, the last one was deliberately set up to fail and all)

The trend is more that any business venture that lets Homer get involved already has people making many, many poor decisions.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actually, come to think of it, there's a fair few episodes involving poorly thought out business ventures that involve Homer in an important position, but his own actions really aren't actually key to its inevitable failure. Powell Motors, sure, but also Poochie and the monorail. (Of course, the last one was deliberately set up to fail and all)

The trend is more that any business venture that lets Homer get involved already has people making many, many poor decisions.

Wasn't him going to into space even based on a dumb idea of literally picking someone who's unprepared for it?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

pooch516 posted:

Wasn't him going to into space even based on a dumb idea of literally picking someone who's unprepared for it?

they didn't technically want him, and were hoping to go with barney instead. homer just wound up getting the job by default

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Globex might be an exception here, given Homer was hired based on seniority rather than performance (and because they couldn't get Smithers) but wisely put into a management position where he's not expected to do much actual work, and is savvy enough to let the eggheads stick to their job and keep their morale up with donuts.

Then again, given their whole world domination thing, maybe a different set of genre conventions are at play and Homer actually slips into the role of the lovable doofus comic relief henchman who the villainous mastermind plays off.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

The two sweetest words in the English language.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They later on had the episode where the babysitter (the one that Homer accidentally rear end-grabs while trying to get the candy) gets Bart to behave by promising him 10 minutes with a game where convicts fight each other to the death with rusty meat hooks.

Simpsons predicted Manhunt.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Drunken Baker posted:

Simpsons predicted Manhunt.

It's a bit of a chicken-egg situation, given how a fair few gory games were specifically made to spite and get free publicity from moral majority type groups, which I think died out around the time of the Dante's Inferno game which had outright fake protesters.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In the episode where the Flanders home gets destroyed by a hurricane his childhood psychiatrist states that he treated ned as a child some 30 years ago. Making Ned no older than 40 and yet several seasons later there's an episode about Ned being 60. I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

remember the episode about maggie's birth? remember that scene where homer runs up the stairs in a hysterical panic and then marge points out how homer did the exact same thing when he got the news about both bart and lisa as well?

now recall the episode when the homer and marge reminisce about how they were living in an apartment and didn't get the house they currently live in until just before lisa was born

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Bart's allergies:

Also glow-in-the-dark monster makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Speaking of Matt Groening creations, I have to work from home so I've been watching a lot of Futurama, and I didn't remember how not great season 5 was in comparison to the first four seasons. Compared to the later seasons, it was a masterpiece, but once they started playing up the Fry/Leela stuff, the show started going downhill.