Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

bloops posted:

I’ve got a trip to Utah in a week. Debating on cancelling. Any of you shifted travel plans?

Canceled my spring break plans to meet up with my dad and step-mom. Didn’t seem like a good idea with there having been cases on my campus and my dad and step-mom are both medical professionals at a small town clinic so getting them sick would be a huge hit to that community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

bloops posted:

I’ve got a trip to Utah in a week. Debating on cancelling. Any of you shifted travel plans?

There's someone in a low-infection area I was planning on visiting this month. :S if it was just me I'd probably go, but I'd be concerned about either bringing something back to my folks, my had-a-heart-attack coworker, or my allergic-to-everything housemate.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Where I work is planning on stress testing their remote access servers.

At the end of next week. So how are we aggressively responding to this again?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Where I work is planning on stress testing their remote access servers.

At the end of next week. So how are we aggressively responding to this again?

Buddy we are slamming the gently caress out of that door to an already empty barn

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
My work told me yesterday at toolbox talk to expect to get laid off if you're off for 3 days or more without a doctors note

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Jarmak posted:

Seema Verma on CNN right now and it's 100% bullshit and spin, they're still lying to downplay this.

We're hosed.

The political appointees have actively given the finger to expertise for years, doing the Donnie thing where they trust gut and luck. Now, they're in a foreign position where they're forced to communicate information given to them by health experts.

The health experts are saying that we're hosed because of decisions made earlier by political appointees. The political appointees don't know what to say. All the while, Donnie is watching his TV, waiting for the TV to give him the love that his daddy never did.

Yeah, we're hosed, but at least non-federal organizations have realized it and have shut down mass gatherings to slow the spread a bit.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I'm divorced and remarried, so our kids are a bridge to three households. Household 1 has a nurse who works with transplant patients every day who are in various states of purposeful immunosupression. Household 2 has a dermatologist who works with skin cancer patients basically daily. Household 3 has a nurse who visits different hospitals/units as part of the system's electronic medical record training/helpdesk team.

Our kids are kinda bummed that they're not going to be able to do poo poo over the next 3 weeks off of school because none of us want to be patient zero either for any of the many different patients these three come into contact with, or from any of them. If we were all computer workers working from home, we'd probably be a lot more open to them hanging with friends, going to the gym, etc.

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah, we're hosed, but at least non-federal organizations have realized it and have shut down mass gatherings to slow the spread a bit.
Even Ohio's weaselly douche governor is coming out looking 100x stronger and more put together than Trump and the feds.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

When Mr Nice and I were going back and forth a bit on this last week? this was kinda part of what I was alluding to that was likely to happen IMO, ie that the non-federal DOH's etc would step up more and keep things from the worst-case.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Hot Karl Marx posted:

My work told me yesterday at toolbox talk to expect to get laid off if you're off for 3 days or more without a doctors note

My work told us they are getting us a bottle of purell we can use after we use the certain tools in the van we share between the crew

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm pretty much waiting for an email that we're shutting down. March Break + 2 week school closure after that fucks so many people.
Plus, our primary supply chains are China (hosed), Luxembourg (lol, hosed) and Vermont (??? hosed?) so when those dry up methinks it's hard to get anything done.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

EBB posted:

Haill SS-18 Satan may his passing cleanse we Sinners

May its passing cleanse the earth?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I’m starting to think China took a good look at us and thought, why are we letting them coast in first place? Let’s make a move.

Not saying I think that is what happened but I wouldn’t lump it in the same category as “the Earth is flat” and “dinosaurs never existed”.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1238446956793528320?s=19

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1238448209984475136?s=19

gently caress yeah, this is my poo poo right here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m starting to think China took a good look at us and thought, why are we letting them coast in first place? Let’s make a move.

Not saying I think that is what happened but I wouldn’t lump it in the same category as “the Earth is flat” and “dinosaurs never existed”.

We buy their poo poo.

Now we don’t.

It’s not the best plan.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

We buy their poo poo.

Now we don’t.

It’s not the best plan.

A dip in consumer spending sure, but we don’t have a choice when it comes to buying a lot of their poo poo. Maybe the trade war pissed them off more than we thought. I think they make an ungodly amount of the world’s pharmaceuticals and medical equipment.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

China is at least as hosed as the US will be so that's still pretty dumb. Huge segments of their economy just stopped. And the US economy tanking will be a second wave of them getting hosed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://sunnybrook.ca/research/media/item.asp?c=2&i=2069&f=covid-19-isolated-2020#.XmrzaXLax_s.twitter

covid-19 has been isolated by a team in canada

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BurningChrome posted:

May its passing cleanse the earth?

What did the poor Earth ever do to us?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bloops posted:

Cancelled my trip to NOLA

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A dip in consumer spending sure, but we don’t have a choice when it comes to buying a lot of their poo poo. Maybe the trade war pissed them off more than we thought. I think they make an ungodly amount of the world’s pharmaceuticals and medical equipment.

Occam's Razor tells us that China logistics disruptions are due to the current global pandemic and not a scheme to disrupt the US economy.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I’ll take my Tom Clancy hat off.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My old school extended spring break by a week, and all classes are going to be online once everyone “returns”. They’re making their final decision next week on whether or not rear end-in-seat classes resume. This is coastal NC, but there are already a pile of cases throughout the state.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Edit: nevermind, on a second read it's still undeadspin

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 13, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/realXFLfootball/status/1238259741744398339?s=20

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/AnupKaphle/status/1238449478694244357

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lol is that fake, or could the XFL official account not get the blue check?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Cancelled my trip to NOLA

drat. I could get my flight refunded in full but my Airbnb would be a big loss. Emailed the host to see if there’s wiggle room considering the state of things.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I’ll take my Tom Clancy hat off.

I mean it could be true, it's just the simplest alternative here is extreeeeeemely plausible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

At the ER this morning. Doc said my lungs sound like a haunted house.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Booyah good to see my alma matter (McMaster) in the news for something other than campus sexual assaults.

Mr. Nice! posted:

:spooky:

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

EBB posted:

What did the poor Earth ever do to us?

This isn't an anime! Blue Gender isn't gonna happen magically. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six might tho lol

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Mr. Nice! posted:

poo poo, man, best of luck. :( Try to keep us posted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

“Join hands”

No thanks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

COVID-19 test en route. Mandatory quarantine until results come back in 4 days.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hope you feel better man. Out of curiosity, I assume its in-home and not in-patient at the hospital?

Edit: Guess not drinking enough water is what did you in, according to Geraldo

https://twitter.com/webster/status/1238465730036682752?s=20

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress man. I'm so sorry. You can get through this. It's gonna loving suck, but you can do this.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

The answer to the various New Coke conspiracy theories works well here: "We're not that dumb, and we're not that smart."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’ll be alright. I’m mostly ok. Mild pneumonia. It’s more about making sure people know what’s up.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Hang in there, Mr. Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carnival Rider
Apr 23, 2006

Friend with Diabetes and a lot of health issues has a magical double pneumonia and all the corona symptoms. Can’t get a corona test because the state isn’t breaking from CDC requirement for contact with someone with it.