Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nonsense posted:

The tories do what they like and England loves Boris.

:thunk:

might solve itself soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

the people voted for pain

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 was a documentary

looking forward to roaming around ruined cities, blasting mercenaries, while looking like a heavily armed cousin eddie on a hawaiian vacation

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I think I read somewhere that with corona there's no immunity through getting it, reinfection is possible?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Unperson_47 posted:

did brexit make them lose their mind lol
https://twitter.com/danbarker/status/1238367384139902976

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkie posted:

what's red son?

Superman: Red Son. A loving awesome comic about "What if Superman had landed and was raised in the USSR?" Everyone should read it. Yes, it has "Mark Millar" listed as one of the authors but no one believes he wrote it since it's actually good.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

euphronius posted:

yeah the fed elections happen at the same time as state and local and those aren’t being canceled

All you've done so far is downplay how severe covid ends up being and make some hilariously bad travel decisions so you may not be the best oracle here.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

voter suppression via camps is way easier than cancelling elections anyway

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Our grocery stores are already going nuts and the stockers are trying to keep up with the demand. Some lady in line told me that people were coming from San Antonio to Austin to get groceries. Any SanAn Goons know about that?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kemc/status/1238503012433145857

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

euphronius posted:

so Britain’s strategy is to do nothing and see who survives ??

Elegant in its simplicity

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

oops

coronavirus

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

they've literally said their plan is to let everyone catch it and we should just be prepared to mourn the dead

they really like monty python over there

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hemale in pain posted:

they voted for a liar who puts money before people. his list of flaws could rival donald trump and honestly i think he's even worst because he's not got a goddamn brain disease like mr president.

this is exactly what us brits deserve.

it's fun trying to weigh up which cracker nation is more satanic, UK or US. only time the US actually succeeded at nation building it was to protect their slave holdings, that's kind of hosed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

All you've done so far is downplay how severe covid ends up being and make some hilariously bad travel decisions so you may not be the best oracle here.

that’s legal analysis !!! not epidemiology

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

THS posted:

remember you have to boil the gently caress out of kidney beans for at least 10 minutes before you switch to simmer or else you will get sick eating them

if you have an instant pot youre good tho

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Elegant in its simplicity

cant have post brexit food shortages if theres no mouths to feed

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Doctor Jeep posted:

I think I read somewhere that with corona there's no immunity through getting it, reinfection is possible?

That was bad info. This virus doesn't reset your adaptive immune system, the early tests had lots of false negatives.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/HouseInSession/status/1238503022801686529

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

:thunk:

might solve itself soon.

we don't have an election for 4-5 years. im sure someone has done the maths and figured out that 80+ year old voters with health issues are likely to be dead by then anyway so it's worth the sacrifice.

I think they're going to blame labour for delaying brexit and claim that the virus wouldn't of happened here if we hadn't 'dither and delayed'. boris will claim he made the hard but neccessary choice and scared idiots will continue to vote for death and pain.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

seems to be the US strategy too

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

gregday posted:

the people voted for pain

boomers voted to reduce the population by 2% and forgot to specify where the 2% came from

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

sometimes i get glad and feel like the universe is taking out the trash when all these far right politicians freak out and get tested. then i realize the same poo poo's happening to everyone but these dicks are the only ones who can get their hands on working kits

It sux. Maybe this will be an inflection point to rewrite the social contract in my dreams

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

euphronius posted:

and then the survivors will be immune

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Sharkie posted:

what's red son?

Superman elseworlds where krypton blew up 12 hours later so kal el landed in Soviet Ukraine and became a symbol of communism & creates a superhuman arms race during Cold War

it rules tbh

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Is there any reputable source for it causing male infertility, I want to freak some guys out

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Terror Sweat posted:

Is there any reputable source for it causing male infertility, I want to freak some guys out

orb lady?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 was a documentary

the wastelands of post-corona America will be roamed by bloodthirsy gang members that never say a cuss

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Man Musk posted:

It sux. Maybe this will be an inflection point to rewrite the social contract in my dreams

thats my one hope out of all this. these lovely governments are so bad at the response to this that maybe there's a small chance people will get off their asses and demand change

the fed materializing $500 billion that poofed in 20 minutes is one of the most damning things so far and i hope pepple don't forget it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

euphronius posted:

Coronavirus 2020 - 28 Days Later

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terror Sweat posted:

lol that rules if true

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

No

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i've read red son you nerds, i was trying to make a joke, but nm

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

still hoping here

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
update on the deep south:

Stores are starting to be busy every time I go in there. This morning Publix had 10x the people they normally do at 9am and the cashier looked really confused. The big Kroger is a 24/7 nightmare of chaos and packed aisles. Somehow they are only really out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer though. There is no Toilet Paper in all of middle Georgia, people are about to get their poo poo on, hope the plumbing is up to the task.

At work you are either clearly aware of whats going on and starting to wake up from you denial or you are dramatically doubling down while acknowledging 'i don't understand whats going on'.

It feels really strange, a lot like before hurricanes, but with the knowledge it isn't going to miss you this time. It's tense.

I've taken to continue to try to get people to examine all the un-normal things, try to get them to normalize some of this so there is less chaos when the panic sets in. I'm extremely fearful what will happen as all the people doubling down on 'It's just the flu bro' are forced to acknowledge they were all wrong and the thing they thought was 'Panic' was just people taking precautions. I am worried it will be like a powder keg exploding, being in Kroger yesterday was uncomfortable enough.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
People talk a lot about comorbidity but the numbers seem to show age as the overriding death factor. Is this killing young guys who smoke or with asthma/obesity ?

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Stocking up on pasta-rona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Ok so hypothetically if you were caring for 2 people with coronavirus with no hospital access, what (medical) supplies and equipment would you want?