Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nice piece of fish posted:

Yeah, it's a pretty unprecedented probable overreach of the authority in Smittevernloven, but notice nobody is complaining too loud about that... yet. It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out over the next month or so.

Frosta kommune is quarantining the entire loving municipality. :stare:
Unlike what I said earlier, sunset provisioning automatically removes it at the specified date, and all extensions are similarly removed on the originally-specified date.
Still important to keep an eye on it, though!

I was a bit worried yesterday because I hadn't had a chance to shop since Sunday, but my mom shopped before going to work, and after talking on the phone with my boss this morning she agreed that since I'm in two risk-groups (cancer patient and type-2 diabetes haver), I should stay home and then we'll have a talk on the phone in two weeks to see how things are going then.
So I'm basically voluntarily self-isolating, although it's frankly not that different from my usual life since I've always been insular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

Sounds good. I'm glad it's not just a spur of the moment decision that seems reasonable (protect the kids!) but in reality causes more problems.

Not only is it not a spur of the moment thing, it's a loving week late after basically all of the country's media and opposition politicians have been begging the PM to close down. Also, it's not to protect the kids. The kids will be fine. It's to protect the rest of the population.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I work for the goverment and it is a been long day of panicked meetings and confused memos at work today. Still not sure if i am supposed to WFH or not.
This could`nt have happened at a worse time for us, WFH will hurt our productivity bad especially sine our IT systems just aren`t built to deal with more then a few employees working from home at any given time. My hope is that all this disruption will derail a stupendously ill conceived strategy the bosses had been planning to implement next week. If we cancel that it should cancel out the hit we will (would?) take from trying to WFH everyone. It really makes me question all the " efficency reforms" we have been going trough lately. So much talk about doing more for less but never about not doing stupid poo poo that fucks with our basic operations just to produce a nice statistic (please ignore the larger picture, look only at my new shiny number).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah I’m no expert but I’m fine with it. Apparently health officials specifically asked them not to close the schools just yet so I’d listen to that.

Well if that happens, I guess I can just stay on vacation until the peak have passed since I won’t be able to work anyways.
Ironically, being in SE Asia feels safer at the moment than Sweden.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

D. Ebdrup posted:

It's time-limited for a year before it comes up for revision, so that's something - but I understand the worry, and it's worth remembering to pay attention to it in a year.

It didn't pass, so that's one less thing to worry about, for now.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Was just informed by a security guard that i am indeed going to be WFH for the time being.
Great job by management keeping us informed!
Seeing as nothing works it looks like this is going to be a long weekend for me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

It didn't pass, so that's one less thing to worry about, for now.
Didn't it have wide support from all parties?!

EDIT: It did, but it got adjusted a bit so that the authorities cannot enter into peoples private homes without a warrant.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 13, 2020

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/sr_ekot/status/1238528385804128256

:lol: R.I.P. Malmö commuters

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Malmö commuters are safe

quote:

Man vil blive afvist ved grænsen, hvis man ikke kan bevise, at man har et formål som eksempelvis arbejde i landet.
https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/coronavirus-de-danske-graenser-lukker/8047658

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Just close the drat border, this Malmö connection is gonna be an open wound letting uncontrolled Swedish infection run wild in Copenhagen and then the rest of Denmark. Alternatively, if they insist on keeping the border open to commuters, then isolate Zealand from the rest of Denmark.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe
But all Swedes are alcoholics and alcohol kills the virus.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Reclaim Eastern Denmark and quarantine the poo poo out of it.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

So you are not allowed even carnal pleasure in Denmark unless you are a citizen? These anti immigration measures are just getting wilder by the day.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of which, apparently the Health Ministry has only bothered to translate (parts of) the Danish COVID-19 guidelines into English. A clinic had to have it translated into, for example, Arabic.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/skane/arbetspendlare-ska-komma-igenom-nar-danmark-stanger-gransen

Looks like I will be able to get home, which otherwise would have made life quite interesting.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Prophetic.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Katt posted:

Prophetic.

And I thought the Danish opinion was that Asia starts on the other side of Öresund ?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Katt posted:

Prophetic.
If you switched the flags around maybe.

Also, it's pærevælling.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I haven't had a good pærevælling in decades. :(

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

THE BAR posted:

Work out a little more, grab some new clothes and hit the town, you never know ;)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

THE BAR posted:

https://www.dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrifter/6175/paerevaelling

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

That looks disgusting.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Randarkman posted:

That looks disgusting.

Turn your monitor on

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If you switched the flags around maybe.

I always advocated for banishing the Danish from the union. I just didn't think they would pay for it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh now I really got hunger going for *clicks link* mold.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Make a run for the bridge Rush. Danish border guards aren't allowed to follow you into Sweden if you can get past the toll station.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/blisk/status/1239124658340978688?s=19

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

At least this crisis have a positive effect on reducing the number of Danes abroad. Just sad that Kastrup was collateral.

Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if Norway and Denmark have overemphasized the travel restrictions due to the initial panic. Cause what is the long term plan?
I have heard anything from summer or until August for the crisis to be over. At some point normal life has to resume, cause shutting down society will only work for so long.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cardiac posted:

At least this crisis have a positive effect on reducing the number of Danes abroad. Just sad that Kastrup was collateral.

Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if Norway and Denmark have overemphasized the travel restrictions due to the initial panic. Cause what is the long term plan?
I have heard anything from summer or until August for the crisis to be over. At some point normal life has to resume, cause shutting down society will only work for so long.

i suspect that they're shutting everything down to get the spread under control and then gradually resuming normal business - so quarantines for travellers, restrictions on public gatherings etc.

it's much easier to go this way than it is to put things back in the box, after all. either that or they're planning full communist takeover of society, which i doubt but a man can dream

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Alternatively they're planning a full atomization of society with the work-from-home class producing content in their apartments while the delivery class brings groceries to them like worker bees.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Get rid of all the boomers and stop travel, I know who I am suspecting as the culprit behind covid-19. Her name starts with Greta.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cardiac posted:

Go back to reading then.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MRLOLAST posted:

Get rid of all the boomers and stop travel, I know who I am suspecting as the culprit behind covid-19. Her name starts with Greta.

It turns out that Greta has nothing on covid19. SAS increased their travel last year and now 90% are laid off from SAS.
yes, this is flippant

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So if the WHO is advising testing, why is Sweden saying no testing?

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

How long until Sweden reverses course?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

So if the WHO is advising testing, why is Sweden saying no testing?

Probably because we lack the infrastructure and supplies for doing wide scale testing. The biology thread has a couple of nerds in the US and the UK with anecdotes about hospitals requesting RNA extraction kits (needed for testing) from researchers. South Korea had the foresight to very early hand out licenses to three domestic companies to produce test kits. These test kits which presumably includes stuff like this (and are possibly ignoring some patents in the process). Maybe other countries relied too much on existing suppliers and that didn't work out.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

rna extraction can absolutely be done without kits but it's a little tricky

the shortfall in testing is incredibly weird to me, there's thousands of competent lab people and hundreds of lab facilities equipped to do this stuff in scandinavia alone. i still haven't heard anything about it - maybe i should send an email to a parliamentarian or something

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
If you do start doing on-demand testing every anxious or entitled gently caress is gonna swamp the place. If you can swing it better to have people stay at home and only test those who show up with really bad symptoms?

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

V. Illych L. posted:

rna extraction can absolutely be done without kits but it's a little tricky

the shortfall in testing is incredibly weird to me, there's thousands of competent lab people and hundreds of lab facilities equipped to do this stuff in scandinavia alone. i still haven't heard anything about it - maybe i should send an email to a parliamentarian or something

I work in one such lab. We could presumably do the RNA-extraction and run the PCRs easily enough, but I would be extremely concerned with the quality control of us doing such a thing. Being a bioingeniør is a very specialized education for a reason, running consistent medical tests is pretty different from just doing lab research. They apparently are attempting to get an overview of which of the departments employees/student's have a background as bioingeniørs, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I do get the logic of not testing everyone but at the same time if I do have it. I'd like to be able to inform the people I've been in contact with so they can be careful with other people/old people.