Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1238565751272988673

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

thrawn527 posted:

His response to the pandemic response team firing has me legit angry. "I don't know anything about that, maybe it was this administration, I don't take any responsibility." Unreal.

*approval rating skyrockets*

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
head on down to your local WalMart parking lot to get sprayed down with sudsy water from hose wielding seniors

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

What an absolute poo poo show. In a normal world, this would be run around the clock as the ramblings of a mad man President more concerned with the Dow Jones than people's lives.

But alas...

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
No one has asked if we're going to have quarantines on a city/state level

Press is trash

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
yes gee it sure is a mystery why he doesn't like the democrats' bill and prefers to talk about big deals with his CEbros

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1238565695643889664

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

goddamn the way he says china is like someone pushing a china button in his brain

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

please go to your local wal mart parking lot instead

in sweden we have a number you can call and describe your symptoms to a medical professional and they will give you instructions of what your next steps should be

and IF they think you have it and need medical attention we have a streamlined process to minimize the exposure to others

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

im glad that every single one of these people is gonna die of corona that they explicitly contracted because they agreed to this conference

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

kaleedity posted:

i enjoyed the infected president of the united states jacking off a microphone about to be used by multiple ceos

that was definitely the highlight

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

folks we love our toilet paper don’t we

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
stop saying abundance of caution ggrrr grraaah hraah raah

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

VectorSigma posted:

goddamn the way he says china is like someone pushing a china button in his brain

haha took years but you just nailed it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Actual Satan posted:

THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CRUISE SHIP INDUSTRY AGAIN

hell yes come on mr. president boost my carnival shares!!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Joementum posted:

yes gee it sure is a mystery why he doesn't like the democrats' bill and prefers to talk about big deals with his CEbros

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1238565695643889664

He said something vague about how it "doesn't give enough", but that's it.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

smarxist posted:

Trump literally cut funding to the CDC and destroyed the global pandemic response team as "cost cutting measures", and the result of it will be tens of thousands of needless deaths in America. The fault lies squarely with his administration and by virtue of him leading it, him. There is an incontrovertible line from his actions to the consequences of them, and he and everyone in the admin need to be brought to justice, or else that concept no longer holds meaning.

did funding actually get cut? I know he tried to, I thought the Dems blocked all those budget cuts but I don't follow it closely.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you scoffed when he said the media is the enemy of the people, but he was right, the media are the enemy of the people

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VectorSigma posted:

lol

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
dow jones up almost 2,000 lmao this stupid system

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Everything's is terrible

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's Trump being a whiny little piss baby about Yamiche Alcindor's perfectly reasonable question

https://mobile.twitter.com/elivalley/status/1238565020411273222

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

JAMOOOL posted:

did funding actually get cut? I know he tried to, I thought the Dems blocked all those budget cuts but I don't follow it closely.

yeah, it got cut and they forced out the head of the pandemic response team/disbanded it wholesale.

the pandemic thing was nsc, but yeah, cdc got cut and the director is a trump believer

Pead has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Mar 13, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This is it folks, the end of America, the federal government no longer effectively exists

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like how he mentioned his other disastrous address several times to try and tie both of them together on the success of this declaration (which is way late) and number responding well

just a loving charlatan to his god damned dna

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1238566260113375235

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

smarxist posted:

Trump literally cut funding to the CDC and destroyed the global pandemic response team as "cost cutting measures", and the result of it will be tens of thousands of needless deaths in America. The fault lies squarely with his administration and by virtue of him leading it, him. There is an incontrovertible line from his actions to the consequences of them, and he and everyone in the admin need to be brought to justice, or else that concept no longer holds meaning.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
I will never get the sweet cathartic karma of an incompetent White House spreading a disease to CEO's they invited onstage during a pandemic but by god do I want it

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Pead posted:

yeah, it got cut and they forced out the head of the pandemic response team/disbanded it wholesale.

but it's OK, instead we have a flowchart, target, and a walmart parking lot! progress!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

ive been saying for years the market only goes up. sometimes it goes down so it can go up more.

but you dont believe me even when im 100% right time after time!!!!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Its gonna own so hard when Biden loses

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the market must die

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Qurnah posted:

in sweden we have a number you can call and describe your symptoms to a medical professional and they will give you instructions of what your next steps should be

and IF they think you have it and need medical attention we have a streamlined process to minimize the exposure to others

Sweden? The distance from LA to Boston is greater than the distance from Madrid to Moscow. Not that that matters but we're ungovernable and stupid.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
well i guess now we find out if that was enough to get pelosi to pull the bill (lmao lmfao)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Its gonna own so hard when Biden loses

loses what lol

they're going to find a way to stop the elections

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Pead posted:

the pandemic thing was nsc, but yeah, cdc got cut and the director is a trump believer

if I was president during a pandemic I would simply not cut funding to the CDC

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Lawman 0 posted:

This is it folks, the end of America, the federal government no longer effectively exists

yeah this article is pretty good on that front:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/coronavirus-shows-us-america-is-broken.html

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

MysteriousStranger posted:

but it's OK, instead we have a flowchart, target, and a walmart parking lot! progress!

a little bit of the parking lot

I just like how pence admiringly said that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004