Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don't forget his son who is soothed by anime

From Future Foundation can't remember the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why do we not have the marvel shojo irl

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Impossible Man is basically Marvel's version of Mister Mxyzptlk, except that instead of clowning on Superman, he usually clowns on the FF.

Galactus ate Impy's home planet, Poppup, but it was the only planet in recorded history to give him indigestion.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Wasn’t there a comic that showed Impossible Man and Mr. Mxysptlk were the same being?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Push El Burrito posted:

Don't forget his son who is soothed by anime

From Future Foundation can't remember the issue.

FF #12! I've been trying to think of stuff to reread during my time home over the next few months, that might be a great choice. Even just flipping through to find this page brought back a lot of fun memories.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
There was a comic where they swap universes and mess with Superman and Silver Surfer, but I don't remember most of the details.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Alacron posted:

Wasn’t there a comic that showed Impossible Man and Mr. Mxysptlk were the same being?

John Byrne's run on Superman, like around #50 I think. Mxyzptlk jumps into another dimension where he looks similar to Impossible Man and bothers a team that is almost the Fantastic Four.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Splint Chesthair posted:

John Byrne's run on Superman, like around #50 I think. Mxyzptlk jumps into another dimension where he looks similar to Impossible Man and bothers a team that is almost the Fantastic Four.

Byrne was off the book by then, it was Ordway and Kesel I believe.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

for anyone else who wanted to look up the rest of this, I did and found out it's by max landis

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

thetoughestbean posted:

That’s the Impossible Man! He’s a wacky shapeshifter that occasionally bothers the Fantastic Four. Once, he became his own wife!

Well, if I were a shapeshifter, I can't say the idea wouldn't occur to me sooner or later... :magemage:

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Splint Chesthair posted:

The scenes in question

Rhyno posted:

Byrne was off the book by then, it was Ordway and Kesel I believe.

you're both sorta right, in that Byrne drew the pages in question as a guest artist

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

site posted:

why do we not have the marvel shojo irl

I have good news for you friend

X-men: Misfits got all of 1 volume. As someone who appreciates trashy shojo, it's.... fine at best.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Of all Beast's forms through the years, My Neighbor Hank-oro is definitely the best and it's a shame that's not his canon 616 one.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TwoPair posted:

Of all Beast's forms through the years, My Neighbor Hank-oro is definitely the best and it's a shame that's not his canon 616 one.

For all his Beast-ness, western Beast has always been swole as heck in all his incarnations, rotund is a new look for him.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Delicious in Dungeon

I'm dropping a spoiler tag here because while there's no plot spoilers in these panels, the issue's just been released today so people might want to read it first-hand.

Kabru, the guy in the first two panels, is listening to Misurn, the captain of a squad of "Canaries" (basically elf black ops), talk about his past. (Read right to left.)

(Delicious in Dungeon is published in English by Yen Press.)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #2 (1940)

Superman #9 (1941)

Power Man #21 (1974)
(Those were both full-page panels, if it wasn't evident.)

Strange Tales #181 (1975)

Marvel Premiere #30 (1976)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Premiere #30 (1976)

Well.

That certainly is Cap riding Namor.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Darthemed posted:

Power Man #21 (1974)
(Those were both full-page panels, if it wasn't evident.)

I love those Power Man pictures so much. I read that issue when they posted it in a Thunderbolts 100 page issue years ago. And I still love it to this day.

The plot was Erik Josten (the villain called Goliath and now know as Atlas) was originally called Power Man. And he was fighting Luke Cage over who got to be called Power Man. I love comics so much.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/status/1239252554485125120

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I don't understand how this can be parsed as dirty, and my mind is about two sewers below the gutter.

Edit: Twitter image cutoff syndrome

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/buzz/status/1239259832202301440?s=20

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That entire thread is pretty great

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Dave Michelinie really liked reminding the readers that Peter and MJ gently caress.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Dave Michelinie really liked reminding the readers that Peter and MJ gently caress.

Erik Larsen just wants you to know MJ is always ready to go, in lingerie:

Spider-Man #15

Spider-Man #21

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Red posted:

Erik Larsen just wants you to know MJ is always ready to go, in lingerie:

Spider-Man #15

I remember this issue, it was in a Spidey team up anthology I had as a kid. It's an issue where Pete is worried about having a mutant kid because ~ radioactive jizz ~ and so he and beast talk about being a mutant while they chase a monster who turns out to be a baby. Heavy stuff for kid me

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

From ASM #298.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
PLAMP

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You know Pete must have learned a kinky thing or two from his relationship with Black Cat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

How Wonderful! posted:

From ASM #298.

It's been a while since I saw somebody make an L.A. Law reference.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Yeah this issue came out in 1988, the Venus Butterfly episode came out in 86, so Michelinie is being fairly topical I guess. As to which variation of the Venus Butterfly PP is using... only Uatu knows.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

You know Pete must have learned a kinky thing or two from his relationship with Black Cat.

There is another Larsen issue where he webs MJ for sexy times so....yeah.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
He also misused his Captain Universe powers in a What If

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Snackmar posted:

He also misused his Captain Universe powers in a What If

What I'm getting from this is that Peter wants to make out with himself.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I think it's fair to say that being a superhero would require at least a degree of narcissism.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That doesn't bode well when you consider all of Peter's clones, symbiote villains and alternate universe selves.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or clones of himself that happen to look and think exactly like his dead ex-girlfriend.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gwens busy banging norman osborn tho

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

wait was sins past Gwen a clone?

So glad Gwen-65 is becoming the de facto Gwen Stacy when it comes up in conversation now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

There is another Larsen issue where he webs MJ for sexy times so....yeah.

I know going down the rabbit hole of superpowered sex lives leads to one of three things: madness, multiple Hugo and nebula awards, or the editor-in-chief position at Marvel Comics. Still, I have to think that Peter probably wouldn't use the webs for that. He's constantly webbing up people like Dr. Octopus or the Shocker. He doesn't want to be thinking of that while he's making the twelve-limbed beast with his wife.

But maybe MJ is into the webbing and Pete would definitely be willing to go along with what she wants even if it's not to his taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I know going down the rabbit hole of superpowered sex lives leads to one of three things: madness, multiple Hugo and nebula awards, or the editor-in-chief position at Marvel Comics. Still, I have to think that Peter probably wouldn't use the webs for that. He's constantly webbing up people like Dr. Octopus or the Shocker. He doesn't want to be thinking of that while he's making the twelve-limbed beast with his wife.

But maybe MJ is into the webbing and Pete would definitely be willing to go along with what she wants even if it's not to his taste.

He also makes swings for children and stuff with his webs.