Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol the day got worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
1:35 AM thought: I should go to bed, meeting in 8 hours, but gee now is a good time to calibrate my home theater, why not

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Gotta have optimal bass n trebs

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
gently caress ups and their horseshit staffing policies

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The human race could be so much better if everyone wasn't so goddamn selfish.

I need a lot more money so I can quit this loving job I hate.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Gotta have optimal bass n trebs

I got in my new headphones, HiFiMan Arya, they're really good

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Thinking about the wreck on the interstate that made my commute to work a crawl yesterday

Thinking about the wreck on the interstate that made my commute home a crawl yesterday

Thinking about the wreck on the interstate that will make my commute a crawl this morning

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
There seems to be something in your brain that checks your thoughts for minimal sense making and this part is always the first thing to go to sleep, so when you're about to fall asleep or right when you've woken up but are still tired you can have some of the best thoughts.

Like spending an hour thinking of the meaning of a word and how it might be cognate with words in other languages based on sound change rules. Only to wake up a little more and realize it's not even a real word!!!

Another time I was half asleep on a bus and trying to figure out how, when we connected networked players in our game, we could ensure they were having sex with each other. I just couldn't figure out it, what protocols might apply and so on, but thankfully I woke up a little and realized we're not even making a multiplayer game so it doesn't matter! Then I woke up a little more and realized what the gently caress, brain!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I got in my new headphones, HiFiMan Arya, they're really good

But how are the Mids>!?!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Universe Master posted:

Thinking about the wreck on the interstate that made my commute to work a crawl yesterday

Thinking about the wreck on the interstate that made my commute home a crawl yesterday

Thinking about the wreck on the interstate that will make my commute a crawl this morning

I left work early this Friday so there was only a slow down, not a wreck.

Hell yeah.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
My sunburn is itchy

Will the shops have any toilet paper tomorrow

My sunburn is itchy

My throat kinda hurts

My sunburn is itchy

I'm hosed aren't I

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Why am I having sleep paralysis?

What's with these auditory hallucinations?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Last night thought was just thinkin if i should play video games or not

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
President Hoover?

I Smoot-Hawley know 'er!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
should i smoke another bowl or...?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
is this congestion getting worse or am I just getting paranoid

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I rocked this time thing like I've never done and never will do again and this thread still gives me bad thoughts. It is a bad thoughts thread.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

OMFG FURRY posted:

should i smoke another bowl or...?

yes. I mean, yes in the major sense. I think this is the correct decision.

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 16, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I rocked this time thing like I've never done and never will do again and this thread still gives me bad thoughts. It is a bad thoughts thread.

Let's chill smoke the herb

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

3-6am is a weird time for my brain

I wouldn't say I tend to form bad thoughts, but it gets weird. I tend to get really introspective I guess

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

First post i made was about pizza and my dog. You can thank goons for being (presumably) depressed insomniacs.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

drat. It's 5:30 AM and I'm so high it feels like 1 AM.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I shouldn’t drink so much because it always makes me wake up at 3 am and stay up for hours but it’s so hard to not drink to unwind in times like these

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I often listen to podcasts on sciency topics when I can't sleep. At this point I just put them on as background noise and don't even pay attention to them anymore. Can't tell if this is an insomnia problem or an issue of a lack of interest

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

"Dang I really hosed up with Samantha"

Other nights it's:

"drat I really hosed up with Nicole"

I don't know what it is but I get really hung up on how I specifically hosed up with women I really loved that I either did nothing to advance a relationship or was too scared of being rejected to even do anything.

I guess some deep regret creeps in at 4 in the morning when I'm supposed to be up at 6

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
mine are mostly liminal inanity, good art ideas, bad joke ideas. it's a good time for disparate ideas to bang into one another

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
They hate me I hosed up they hate me I hosed up they hate me I hosed up they hate me I hosed up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I appreciated this

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
It’s 5 am. Woke up with anxiety. Looked at twitter which gave me more anxiety. And Kenny Rogers died.

Islands In The Stream is a great loving song. The gambler is great, too, but islands is excellent.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I appreciated this

man, I've been doing it wrong

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

TontoCorazon posted:

"Dang I really hosed up with Samantha"

Other nights it's:

"drat I really hosed up with Nicole"

I don't know what it is but I get really hung up on how I specifically hosed up with women I really loved that I either did nothing to advance a relationship or was too scared of being rejected to even do anything.

I guess some deep regret creeps in at 4 in the morning when I'm supposed to be up at 6

Are you me? Well, my girls had different names. But they still haunt me.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Woke up coughing. Am I going to die?

Getting tired of these stress dreams. Dreamt I took my car to get fixed and they repainted it black. They also tinted the windows.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
In one of those moods again where I just don't feel like going to bed. I'm not doing anything productive or even fun, and I'm getting sleepy, but I just don't feel like going to sleep yet for whatever reason. Kinda hate it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive been drinkin nonstop at 2am thro 6am

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I can hear a strange low frequency buzz, that lasts about 10 seconds, stops for 1 second, then resumes. It's not coming from my phone, and it's not the tiny buzz coming from my portable phone charger. The only other electronic is the car I'm sleeping in.
Is this the 5G kill field I have heard of? They are providing the area with free WiFi...
Nevermind I think it's just a streetlamp.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I woke up at 3am for work.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sjs00 posted:

I can hear a strange low frequency buzz, that lasts about 10 seconds, stops for 1 second, then resumes. It's not coming from my phone, and it's not the tiny buzz coming from my portable phone charger. The only other electronic is the car I'm sleeping in.
Is this the 5G kill field I have heard of? They are providing the area with free WiFi...

The other night I heard my moms wireless charge dock WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRing all night. I never knew they even made noise? I unplugged it because it freaked me out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sjs00 posted:

It's me probing your mind

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The other night I heard my moms wireless charge dock WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRing all night. I never knew they even made noise? I unplugged it because it freaked me out.

https://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/blog/capacitor-squeal-coil-whine-explained/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, well the more you know huh!

I fell asleep at 4:30 am! I wasn't even having a existential crisis. I just could not go to sleep. poo poo sucked