Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
Speaking of giving Nazis platforms... honest question, is there anywhere else I can report poo poo like this? OneAngryGamer is notorious for being a nazi cesspool, but this dude in their comments is absolutely going to shoot someone or inspire someone else to do the same and I have no idea why the hell that hell-site continues to exist when they aren't even being subtle about this anymore. Content Warning: Violent racist language.

https://twitter.com/SlickNickLives/status/1238189741083750400

EDIT: Wow, hell of a snipe. Uhhh sorry about that.

Bert of the Forest has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Mar 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bert of the Forest posted:

Speaking of giving Nazis platforms... honest question, is there anywhere else I can report poo poo like this? OneAngryGamer is notorious for being a nazi cesspool, but this dude in their comments is absolutely going to shoot someone or inspire someone else to do the same and I have no idea why the hell that hell-site continues to exist when they aren't even being subtle about this anymore. Content Warning: Violent racist language.

Eagerly awaiting the article from OAG about how SJWs manufactured the coronavirus to cancel E3 because of anime titties in games.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Did someone post this, garbage ape ain't the idiot

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1237810990261121029?s=19

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Not in response to posters in this thread, but more the sentiment in general: People have been saying that if you expose and debate and deride modes of thought that are fascist, nazi, etc., they'll be destroyed. The "sunlight disinfects" hypothesis about how if we just debate these things, they'll go away. Platform them, dismantle them with your words, and they'll be destroyed. This is a dumb premise we've all probably heard in the wild.
But I guess the question is, how long is that supposed to take? It's been the better part of a century since WW2 and those things are still around. If they could be defeated by being made to look bad, have these people never stopped to ask "gee, why hasn't that happened yet, then?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

People really seem to believe Nazis are just a few isolated whackos that anyone with a brain ignores, they don't see it as seething below the surface of majority political tenets. It's bizarre, because it's so clear to those who dwell among their chosen victims.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fascism is capitalism without the mask and we're still capitalist

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vib Rib posted:

Not in response to posters in this thread, but more the sentiment in general: People have been saying that if you expose and debate and deride modes of thought that are fascist, nazi, etc., they'll be destroyed. The "sunlight disinfects" hypothesis about how if we just debate these things, they'll go away. Platform them, dismantle them with your words, and they'll be destroyed. This is a dumb premise we've all probably heard in the wild.
But I guess the question is, how long is that supposed to take? It's been the better part of a century since WW2 and those things are still around. If they could be defeated by being made to look bad, have these people never stopped to ask "gee, why hasn't that happened yet, then?"

Debating them doesn’t work because life isn’t a movie where you make a point and people clap as your adversary is defeated.

De platforming does work but the media at large is not interested in that So getting mad at a Joe when he at the very least gives the alternative a voice which the more mainstream will not do seems hypocritical

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
See something, say something. Especially if it's a girl scout looking a little sad.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CharlestheHammer posted:

De platforming does work but the media at large is not interested in that So getting mad at a Joe when he at the very least gives the alternative a voice which the more mainstream will not do seems hypocritical

What mainstream nazi platforms have Rogan critics given a pass? I must've missed that.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Mar 14, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1238590378724306944?s=21

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:lol: wow

Since deleted, so enjoy this one from The Cache

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What mainstream nazi platforms have Rogan critics given a pass? I must've missed that.

No one cancels people for going on CNN or MSNBC but they will pal around with white nationalists if it’s useful

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mak0rz posted:

Wow this idiot cannot help herself.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

cOwOnavirus 🤢🤢 is now COCKVID-19 🥒💦 be sure to cover your mouth 😰🙊 and sell your 🤑 stcocks 🤑 before the market does a big cwashy-washy 🚧🚗 and your portfowio 💼 becomes a portfoli-no 🤬. The cumverment 🏛 won't save you so it's every infected ho💃 for herself! 😳💁‍♀️🤦‍♀️

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Bert of the Forest posted:

https://twitter.com/SlickNickLives/status/1238189741083750400

EDIT: Wow, hell of a snipe. Uhhh sorry about that.

This person read the Turner Diaries and DEFINITELY thinks it is an ideal scenario.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Only a select few things on that list are technically sexual assault!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1238645941466542081

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Mak0rz posted:

Really feel like she is The Good Place season 1 Tahani irl.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
patron saint of this loving thread

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Look, basically I'm more intelligent than you [400 likes]

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

I will never log off

Amazing

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

How the gently caress are you just reading information endlessly when there's instruments to master, written works to achieve, passionate dances to dance and stirring art to be crafted?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This and "Praise Jesus, and remember if it's in his plan for you to die today, that's what's meant to be" are two things a friend of mine has shared today as comfort against the worries coronavirus is bringing

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

we created a system in which a long and complicated method to make our brains secrete angry juice with the occasional shot of joy fluid super hard, and now a lot of people ITT and elsewhere are addicted to it

and like most broken people we're gonna make it worse and worse until there's nothing but the hyperreal media brainsphere and we all starve to death, too engrossed in the Posting Wars to feed our meat bodies. Our brains burnt out like ancient vacuum tubes, the only neural wiring left being a simple loop of static posting owns all other function having long since burnt off watching President PewDiePie own the cyberamish blogohivemind while cyberjacking off

unless the dangerous phrase in which Posting-Schizophrenia and meatspace are still being separated from one another, but hopefully the ultrarich will automate soylent and mt. dew production soon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I do nothing but sit in front of research papers all day. What is this "fun" you people speak of? I am better than you

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Vib Rib posted:

The only thing I'll say about this. Is nazism has no single solution. All kinds of chuds have different types of brain worms. So someone like Vaush or Destiny going against loving loons like sargon or fuentes helps a percentage of their viewers get out before they've gone too far. Response videos from people like Hbomberguy, Contrapoints, 3 Arrows helps a different part of sargon/shapiro/crowder viewers get out.

Deplatforming is probably the best answer to Nazi/alt-righters. However dunking on there rear end in a top hat grifters and legit nazis can be benaficial if only to a small group. Punching is also great. Punch your local nazi. It's actually reverse illegal where the cops give you a prize for doing it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1238646776573419521

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I kinda wish "still, better than Trump" was a thing to aspire to rather than a technicality applied to every person not actively committing a crime at this very moment

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I kinda wish "still, better than Trump" was a thing to aspire to rather than a technicality applied to every person not actively committing a crime at this very moment

That really depends on the crime too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Biden is no better than Trump. If he gets the spot over Bernie then I'm not even going to vote.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sazabi posted:

It's actually reverse illegal where the cops give you a prize for doing it.

Why would they reward you for assaulting them, though?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Biden is no better than Trump. If he gets the spot over Bernie then I'm not even going to vote.

there's probably good people running on downballot races in your area

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Doc Hawkins posted:

there's probably good people running on downballot races in your area

Not where I'm at. Everyone's either running unopposed or the Democrats are every bit as conservative as the Republicans and even more transparent with their lies.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Vote but write in Bernie Sanders

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why would they reward you for assaulting them, though?

Yeah, they'd probably hold a press conference complaining about an officer having "fat pug pink link oink" written on their starbucks cup.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Biden is not likely to attempt to institute himself and his family as a permanent God-Emperor dynasty as his brain devolves into pudding (with a solid chance at it working based on his base), so I would urge you to reconsider, as distasteful as it might be.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sazabi posted:

Vote but write in Bernie Sanders

And give them the ability to say "And people came out in DROVES to vote for the Democratic party!!!!" when, no, the Democratic party is every bit as rotten and corrupt as the Republican party, they just pander to the people the Republicans poo poo on and have, like, five or six people who are slightly less reprehensible than everyone else.

Like, Bernie's pretty good, but he's still a liberal, he's still a politician, he's still another cog in a machine purpose-built to grind us all into the lubricating oil the oligarchs use to aid in spite-loving our society.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Biden is not likely to attempt to institute himself and his family as a permanent God-Emperor dynasty as his brain devolves into pudding (with a solid chance at it working based on his base), so I would urge you to reconsider, as distasteful as it might be.

Voting for the "lesser evil" encourages them to make absolutely no changes because they can get away with being useless and inept. Biden is every bit as corrupt and inept as Trump, every bit as brain-dead, every bit as beholden to the oligarchs. The only thing he has above Trump is that he is slightly better at maintaining a thin veneer of :decorum:, so of course the liberals are jerking themselves off into a furor about him. If we refuse to vote for them, that might send a message that, no, we don't want a "return to sanity" whatever the gently caress that means, we want some real, honest-to-loving-god change.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Mar 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

Biden is less likely to appoint alcoholic rape monsters to the Supreme Court.