Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I will go an bat for Titans, especially season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure early Arrow only skated on smallville style "they're setting up that it might turn into the good version of itself someday!" optimism.

You're thinking of the Flash.

And they didn't.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I thought Smallville skated by because of Sexy Lex Luthor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

You're thinking of the Flash.

And they didn't.

The first season of flash was great

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I liked the first season of Arrow on its own merits, it had its missteps (the Royal Flush gang) but I liked murderous commie Batman. And it did set up some great stuff, including season 2.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mycot posted:

I thought Smallville skated by because of Sexy Lex Luthor.

From what I've seen of it he was by far the best part.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The first season finale of Arrow is an insanely good episode of television.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Starfire and Wonder Girl spinoff please.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
thinking about the best gag: john having his trenchcoat on underneath his snowgear

e: wrong thread but still stands

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Madkal posted:

Seriously? I thought it was terrible,season 1 seemed promising and then...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1239626870217474049

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeesh, not even a stunt person, just a freak accident.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So I subscribed to Disney+ for a year as they had a special offer and today was the first day it was available. Someone in another thread told me to watch the "Dracula's revenge" episode of the Spider-Woman cartoon and it's like some sort of fever dream. Werewolves with laser beams coming out of their eyes, Frankenstein's Monster shooting electricity out of the bolt sin his neck and Jessica flying vast distances. Also watched the Sunfire episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and found myself saying "That's racist" or "that's pretty racist" a few times.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Haha. First saw the episode at 1:30am at my friends bar, piss drunk. A fever dream is the best way to describe the experience. I’m glad you found it to confirm it was real.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Haha. First saw the episode at 1:30am at my friends bar, piss drunk. A fever dream is the best way to describe the experience. I’m glad you found it to confirm it was real.

It was a hell of a thing to watch just because it didn't seem to make any sense. You had no idea where things were happening and sometimes it seemed people were in two places at once. I know the audience it's aimed at probably don't care about such things but it was a boatload of crazy.

I watched an episode of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon (They only have one season, of 60-odd episodes). I realised I never knew the lyrics to the theme song so I turned on the subtitles and frankly wish I hadn't. They're not the best.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spider-blood, spider-blood, radioactive spider-blood

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Spider-blood, spider-blood, radioactive spider-blood

I'd rather Homer singing Spider-Pig.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is he strong? Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood
So no, he's deathly ill, make sure you where a mask so you don't give him an infection

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Someone, for reasons unknown to me, gave me Spider-Man: Reign themed lyrics to the 60s theme song as redtext.

It was actually rather impressive, but I can't remember what they were.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bessantj posted:

So I subscribed to Disney+ for a year as they had a special offer and today was the first day it was available. Someone in another thread told me to watch the "Dracula's revenge" episode of the Spider-Woman cartoon and it's like some sort of fever dream. Werewolves with laser beams coming out of their eyes, Frankenstein's Monster shooting electricity out of the bolt sin his neck and Jessica flying vast distances.

There was a Super Friends ep were the Super Friends were turned into Hobbits:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well now.

Somebody here is probably discovering that Hobbit Wonder Woman is very unexpectedly their fetish.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Davros1 posted:

There was a Super Friends ep were the Super Friends were turned into Hobbits:

In a non trademark infringing way I hope.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bessantj posted:

I think they were called dwarves.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Well now.

Somebody here is probably discovering that Hobbit Wonder Woman is very unexpectedly their fetish.

Hobbit Superman for me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bessantj posted:

The episode was called "The Lord of Middle Earth." There was also a ring they were after.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was confused for at least 2 decades about what Brainiac looked like. I only had seen the one in Challange of the Superfriends where he appears as a Skeletal Robot. It wasn't until much later that I encountered the classic Green Skinned 3 diods on head Brainiac.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He goes back and forth.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Is the Batwoman show any good?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bessantj posted:

Is the Batwoman show any good?

It's definitely a CW comic book show. That should tell you enough to know if you should give it a chance or not.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

It's definitely a CW comic book show. That should tell you enough to know if you should give it a chance or not.

It starts on British TV tonight so I'll probably record the first episode and give it a look then. Thanks.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

bessantj posted:

It starts on British TV tonight so I'll probably record the first episode and give it a look then. Thanks.

I liked the first three but haven't gotten back to it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It's definitely the weakest first season in the entire Arrowverse though, and yes I include Legends' weakass first season. I mean, it's not finished yet but so far if it weren't on before Supergirl and I wasn't a masochist who consumes all comic media regardless of quality I definitely would not make the time for it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I enjoyed the first few episodes but it does that thing that all the CW shows do where the hero makes some really really stupid mistakes for the sake of keeping the storyline going. I think by the third time she made the same mistake I checked out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i gave it a shot but the joker-lite sister thing overstays its welcome and then they gave themselves an out after crisis but then nope its a fakeout and at that point i dropped it

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I watched the first episode and it was alright to my admittedly low standards.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Black Lightning has been raising the CW Superhero bar for three straight seasons, all of which are available on Netflix btw.

Batwoman... sometimes doesn't hit its head on the bar. Some good stunt work, certainly?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Batwoman is at its best when Alice isn't central to the story. Sadly, that doesn't happen often. Especially since they're introduced the mystery of Who Killed Lucius Fox, which has way more emotional depth and way more interesting than why does Beth Cain annoy everyone by constantly quoting Alice In Wonderland.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Watching Batwoman made me finish off Titans S2. It wasn't bad in parts and the ending was decent enough. Still not taken with the farty rock intro music but that's not much of a complaint.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Netflix has renewed Locke & Key for S2, and cancelled two other IDW adaptations, V-Wars and October Faction, which nobody watched.

well, OK, I watched October Faction. it's bingeable enough but not very good at all, you didn't miss much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've never heard of those other two shows.