Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

quote:

BATION 03/12/20 06:07pm Leon Trotsky 2012 This is just a note to point out that Leon's been un-perma'd. The admin staff looked back on it and didn't think that his various offenses rose to the level of a perma.

Please stop being dumb in D&D Leon. Tell us more Bog Witch stories and less about the democratic primaries. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

It begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh what the gently caress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cryano loving sucks rear end

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

hallelujah posted:

:allears:

the most surreal thing to me is how prepared i am for all of this. the end of the world looks exactly like i was expecting it to look

the bad part of it is i live in the heart of earthquake country, so all the people panic buying now should have already had 2 weeks of basic supplies as part of their earthquake prep

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the bad part of it is i live in the heart of earthquake country, so all the people panic buying now should have already had 2 weeks of basic supplies as part of their earthquake prep

You fool do you realize what you have just done? Now California is going to get a major earthquake on top of all this!

Also apparently Trump is floating travel bans on NY and California because of course.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the norwegian government spent all of yesterday saying 'do not panic buy, it's cool', and yet when i went shopping people had stocked up on the dumbest poo poo

i saw one guy with what must've been twenty liters of milk

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh what the gently caress

beats me

I found out from the leper's colony entry, same as you

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i hope yall stay safe, including you volkerball im sure you are lurking

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the store was sold out of my favourite milk

what do we even have capitalism for, goddamn it

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

nobody came out and said it, but in both coronavirus threads, the point everyone lost their minds is when disneyland and disneyworld announced they would close and pay all their employees for time off

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

the store was sold out of my favourite milk

what do we even have capitalism for, goddamn it

i have been trying to buy a single package of toilet paper at my supermarket for 5 days now

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
no issues here (new zealand)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

Isnt Elon Musk still living there? Seems like an issue to me.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
haven't heard any thing about that

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

cryano loving sucks rear end

It's cool how there are still Nazis who are welcome to post in TFR too.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I went to the store yesterday to do my regular weekly shopping and the only problem was the bar soap aisle was pretty bare, today apparently they're out of water and toilet paper lmao gently caress going shopping again until I need to. hopefully all these last minute preppers wear themselves out.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Office pretty empty now. Ironically, the worse it is getting the bigger the need to come in to keep numbers up so I still have a job when it comes to are recession.

Very normal and well adjusted company policies.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I just got out of a meeting with 20 colleagues in the smallest meeting room we have in the whole building to tell us that it's very important we keep our distance from each other due to the virus.

Alright then.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

exmarx posted:

its fun watching americans catch up to korea where this level of panic began a month ago now

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

full out panic buying has hit the local grocery store. i was standing with a dozen eggs and some beer in the middle of a 15 person line for a register. people cruised by with shopping carts full of the weirdest stuff, like one guy with a cartful of two liter bottles of coke. everything about this moment feels insanely surreal

when the commissary was picked clean the garrison commander did a live stream in front of a potemkin fully stocked shelf insuring everyone we still had food here and the reception was almost overwhelmingly comparing him to north korean state media "WE HAVE FOOD HERE,TOTALLY REAL"

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 13, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

one guy with a cartful of two liter bottles of coke

I see that from time to time in non-pandemic circumstances. It's kebab-pizzeria dudes buying Coke from the supermarket when it's on sale because it's cheaper than buying from the wholesaler. (As explained to me by a co-worker whose parents own a kebab-pizzeria.)

Not saying that's what that was but anyway

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
a bunch of people are freaking out about the government not doing enough to prepare, even though there haven't been any suspected cases of community transmission here???

they did install hand sanitiser stations at work today

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

exmarx posted:

a bunch of people are freaking out about the government not doing enough to prepare, even though there haven't been any suspected cases of community transmission here???

they did install hand sanitiser stations at work today

are you quarantining or testing travellers?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i just slept for 15 hours

i am no longer at the age where i can pull multiple all nighters

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
congratulations to America and your private-public partnership with a bunch of healthcare companies, google, and wal-mart

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
is Walmart guaranteeing the toilet paper supply or something?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

is Walmart guaranteeing the toilet paper supply or something?

they're providing parking lot space for drive-thru COVID-19 test centres across America for "consumers"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i will be completely hysterical if trump manages to restore stock market confidence by monetising covid-19

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
nyse up 9% today, so it's working. I mean it's literally the government announcing they're going to spend the $50 or 90 or whatever billion in emergency funding and handing it to a bunch of companies. That'll restore confidence, at least temporarily.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dreylad posted:

nyse up 9% today, so it's working. I mean it's literally the government announcing they're going to spend the $50 or 90 or whatever billion in emergency funding and handing it to a bunch of companies. That'll restore confidence, at least temporarily.

Giuliani is bussing stock brokers in to the NYSE for free compliments of the President.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Dreylad posted:

they're providing parking lot space for drive-thru COVID-19 test centres across America for "consumers"

i love that this crass bid from retailers begging people to not abandon them is just going to create infection hubs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Dreylad posted:

i wasn't aware that parking capacity was the critical issue fueling the outbreak

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

coronavirus pandemic happens and america legit thinks the free market will handle it

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ive been wfh for the past week and there seems to be no end in sight, im on a video call with 200+ people on it, this is the new world

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yes.

i was slowly winding down being Online and now I realize there is only Online.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

V. Illych L. posted:

are you quarantining or testing travellers?

yeah (depending on country), plus the guidance is that anyone should stay home if they feel sick. not clear how you could do more rn without wasting a bunch of tests.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

everyone who voted for sanctions should be in the loving hague

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

exmarx posted:

what are we looking at here

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
mass grave in iran

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

exmarx posted:

Watch the US enact more sanctions in response to the suffering of the people of Iran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009