Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

KillHour posted:

https://jalopnik.com/gemballa-has-gone-too-far-this-time-1842277120

This looks exactly like an RC car and I loving love it.

This is the future I want, mass transit for general use and offroad capable cars ripped straight out of Rocket League for recreation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Wheeee posted:

This is the future I want, mass transit for general use and offroad capable cars ripped straight out of Rocket League for recreation

same

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
That's a good car and the writer of that article is bad, and should feel bad.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PT6A posted:

Agreed that thing owns and is the future I was promised

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

PT6A posted:

Seriously. Who peed in his cereal?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Seriously. Who peed in his cereal?
The article does say that he lifted his S6 for some reason and it ruined the driving experience. This explains a lot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I mean what are you really expecting from Jalopnik, guys?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

He's getting all butthurt defending himself in the comments. Quality content.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

heffray posted:

The article does say that he lifted his S6 for some reason and it ruined the driving experience. This explains a lot.

The fact that this surprised him and colored his opinion of similar vehicles really proves that he is an idiot and should be disregarded

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The only venues I dislike more than Jalopnik are Doug Demuro and Donut Media.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

The annoying donut dude apparently just had a heart attack at 34

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Another one? I kinda like that guy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

The annoying donut dude apparently just had a heart attack at 34

From eating too many donuts?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

From eating too many donuts?

He looks plastered as gently caress in every video, so yeah, probably still, yeah.

In car news, the broncos are looking cool.

There is also a rumored 2.7eb/7 speed manual option for the big boy.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The new 7 speed manual is a Getrag unit, it's supposed to be available in 5, 6 and 7 speed variants and is purported to be "hybrid compatible".

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
What sites are good now for car news and original content? Agree that the Jalopnik crew is lacking compared to past rosters. The Drive has such a messy front page. I like the R&T team but I already subscribe to the magazine for the long-form stuff and their blog-style content is basically the same as Jalopnik without the comments section so people can dunk on the author.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

What sites are good now for car news and original content? Agree that the Jalopnik crew is lacking compared to past rosters. The Drive has such a messy front page. I like the R&T team but I already subscribe to the magazine for the long-form stuff and their blog-style content is basically the same as Jalopnik without the comments section so people can dunk on the author.

I like Auto Week: https://www.autoweek.com/news/

also Car and Driver: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/

I don't claim they're the best, just the main ones I read.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Powershift posted:

He looks plastered as gently caress in every video, so yeah, probably still, yeah.

In car news, the broncos are looking cool.

There is also a rumored 2.7eb/7 speed manual option for the big boy.

Granted it’s been a year, but someone who is not me attended a focus group and saw the regular Bronco (pre-production 4-door model) in person. At the time they were claiming it would get both the 2.3 EB I4T as well as the 2.7EB TTV6; what transmission each would have available was unclear.

Considering how much dislike there is for the Mustang’s mantrans of recent years I wouldn’t hold out high hopes for a manual being good in these trucks, but who knows. If it gets the same 10 speed auto the Raptor has that wouldn’t be so bad.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Q_res posted:

The new 7 speed manual is a Getrag unit, it's supposed to be available in 5, 6 and 7 speed variants and is purported to be "hybrid compatible".

If this is put behind the 2.7, that means it will have the right bellhousing bolt pattern to manual swap F-150s.....

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Mo powah baby

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Deteriorata posted:

I like Auto Week: https://www.autoweek.com/news/

also Car and Driver: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/

I don't claim they're the best, just the main ones I read.

I'll claim it: C/D is the best.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Though I've had a lot of pickups and jeeps, I am at my core a small car guy. And I was hoping to get the gazoo Yaris to replace my Mazda 2 when time comes.

But a new Bronco II............

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Calling it now, because we live in the worst timeline: new bronco commercials staring OJ.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

borkencode posted:

Calling it now, because we live in the worst timeline: new bronco commercials staring OJ.

https://twitter.com/The_OJSimpson32/status/1237859421390114819

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

borkencode posted:

I like OJ so I'd be down with this

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

OJ lives in my area now. He's already been spotted by people i know and he's showing up in selfies all over town

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Applebees Appetizer posted:

OJ lives in my area now. He's already been spotted by people i know and he's showing up in selfies all over town

I’ll be damned, I thought he was still in prison for armed robbery.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

PT6A posted:

Nah, he hooked a ride under a van and escaped riding on a mechanics creeper.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

PT6A posted:

Thst whole charge was a joke. OJ did nothing wrong

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is this the part where the OJ's son did it comes up

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

e: wrong thread

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 14, 2020

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The baby bronco has been on my radar for a while now as a car that might sit at an intersection of 1) not too stupidly big 2) has some visual character 3) hopefully wouldn't be an objectively bad design mechanically and structurally.

I'm impressed with the retro design, and unlike jeep I hope Ford will make a vehicle that isn't 1 star safety rated like the wrangler or has an unforgivable interior like the Renegade.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I found out the Baby Bronco is based on the Ford Escape CUV so now I’m totally disappointed.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Kraftwerk posted:

I found out the Baby Bronco is based on the Ford Escape CUV so now I’m totally disappointed.

Like, FWD bias? Boooooo.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I did my driver's ed partially in a Ford Escape, and it was actually a quite decent vehicle. Have they poo poo the bed with the new versions, at least beyond the heinous exterior?

The Focus I did the rest of driver's ed in, though... what a poo poo awful fuckhole of a car on every level. I haven't been in a car I liked less until that time I rented a Sentra.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

The new escape is a joke. It’s just a compact car on stilts with a FWD mono body platform.
The big bronco is still a true 4x4 body on frame SUV using the Ford ranger platform. That said, I don’t know why you’d get one as long as the explorer exists.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Kraftwerk posted:

The Ford Bronco Sport is basically an updated Land Rover Freelander / Ford Escape on the C1 (?) platform and the big Bronco is basically a Defender / Discovery 1/2 / Range Rover Classic clone on the T6 frame.

Kraftwerk posted:

That said, I don’t know why you’d get one as long as the explorer exists.

BOF vs unibody, solid rear axle.

EnergizerFellow fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 17, 2020

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If Ford can pull off the "It's a Jeep thing" then it doesn't matter what a "Bronco" is, because it's all image.
As long as it doesn't window blocks or roll over too much and can nail the style it will sell.*

*Incoming collapse of subprime auto loans might alter this

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Kraftwerk posted:

The new escape is a joke. It’s just a compact car on stilts with a FWD mono body platform.

You mean like literally every other Escape ever made? I wish they hadn't called it the Bronco Sport, but they're literally just competing with the Renegade/Cherokee.

quote:

The big bronco is still a true 4x4 body on frame SUV using the Ford ranger platform. That said, I don’t know why you’d get one as long as the explorer exists.

Do you also struggle with grasping why people would buy a Wrangler over a Grand Cherokee? With the caveat that the off-road capabilities of the Explorer almost certainly don't match the GC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Kraftwerk posted:

Is this a post from 1997

Some workers have walked out at the Ram 1500 assembly plant in protest after being made to work during the plague.