Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Legend of Zelda the minish cap

Diminish cap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Neodymium doesn't have a 'b' in it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Apparently many people wear shoes inside their houses.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Apparently many people wear shoes inside their houses.

Probably the same people whose butter knifes aren't made of wood :barf:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jerry Cotton posted:

And put the toilet paper roll underhand instead of overhand.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If you don't wear shoes when you use the toilet, how do you wipe? :confused:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dip Viscous posted:

With a sock? How else?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MariusLecter posted:

And put the toilet paper roll underhand instead of overhand.

The only acceptable reason to do this is if you have cats or kids. loving little hellions think it's hilarious to unroll the entire roll.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Dip Viscous posted:

With the wooden poopknife?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Mister Mind posted:

You can risk your rear end, if it’s your *.

Just catching up on this thread from weeks ago, and I can't believe no one else gave you props for this.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've never even heard of a wooden butter knife.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hosed up if true.

Anyway, The Last of the Mohicans and Dances with Wolves are not the same thing. I think I got confused by The Last Samurai at some point.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I still think it’s weird that The Last Samurai gets lumped in with all the “mighty white guy” movies considering Tom Cruise:

1. Isn’t actually the title character (Ken Watanabe is the titular last samurai)

2. Doesn’t end up being better at the culture than the people he’s joined (he manages to fight one of them to a draw once after losing multiple times in a row, and even then only because he already had some sword training from his cavalry days)

3. Ultimately doesn’t affect the outcome

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

christmas boots posted:

I still think it’s weird that The Last Samurai gets lumped in with all the “mighty white guy” movies considering Tom Cruise:

1. Isn’t actually the title character (Ken Watanabe is the titular last samurai)

2. Doesn’t end up being better at the culture than the people he’s joined (he manages to fight one of them to a draw once after losing multiple times in a row, and even then only because he already had some sword training from his cavalry days)

Most people looked at the poster, thought meh, and went on with their lives.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

christmas boots posted:

Also he didn't have to learn that the 'savages' were actually people too after meeting them, as he already knows what he did was wrong and hates himself for it which is why he is a suicidal alcoholic at the start of the movie.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Who the heck watched it long enough to know that XD?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who the heck watched it long enough to know that XD?
Me. I did. I loved that movie and even teared up at the end, because I was a massive weeb at the time.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
It is I, the person who actually liked the last samurai. And I was in a phase of not liking Tom Cruise at the time too.

Just think it's generally a pretty decent movie, and as others have pointed out not that white-savior-y.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

p sure the Come to Daddy video opens with a reference to the Specials' Ghost Town video:

The Specials — Ghost Town (cued)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4&t=36s

Aphex Twin — Come to Daddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ827lkktYs

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah, a lot of people are stupid as hell.

loving Maddox has that whole screed about the Last Samurai and it's dumb because the Japanese word isn't singular.

The Last Samurai = The Last (Generation of) Samurai

That movie was really good historical fiction, set in a time and place that Western audiences haven't seen often.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Mar 13, 2020

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

hosed up if true.

I'll never forget the day I learned I could have saved myself the pain of getting cut by a butter knife if only I had a wooden safety butter knife.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've never understood wooden butter knives, they just seem like oil/fat would eventually osmote their way in, giving you a gross grease trap. Maybe I'm just a filthy American too accustomed to using metalware as our founding fathers intended though :911:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Shifty Nipples posted:

I'll never forget the day I learned I could have saved myself the pain of getting cut by a butter knife if only I had a wooden safety butter knife.

Oh, so they're like safety scissors for slow kindergartners?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've never understood wooden butter knives, they just seem like oil/fat would eventually osmote their way in, giving you a gross grease trap. Maybe I'm just a filthy American too accustomed to using metalware as our founding fathers intended though :911:

please dont mention our mom itt

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

I've never even heard of a wooden butter knife.

I have Jerry Cotton on ignore only so I can guess the Finnish-ism before clicking through to read their posts. Ask about Finnish fire hydrants, go ahead, do it, it's fun.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

madeintaipei posted:

I have Jerry Cotton on ignore only so I can guess the Finnish-ism before clicking through to read their posts. Ask about Finnish fire hydrants, go ahead, do it, it's fun.

i have you on ignore

im gonna mention this in the future because everyone cares who i have on ignore

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Krankenstyle posted:

i have you on ignore

I'll probably miss it though because I have you on ignore.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Inceltown posted:

I'll probably miss it though because I have you on ignore.

:same: ignore buddies :hfive:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Here in AMERICA we read out joke posts to their conclusion! :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Krankenstyle posted:

i have you on ignore

It's the weirdest flex and I've never understood

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

p sure the Come to Daddy video opens with a reference to the Specials' Ghost Town video:

A few years ago I found out a lot of people my age have no idea who the Specials are, I was all what the gently caress

It's me I'm the guy spamming every YouTube music video with 'now this is real music not like what they play today!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I just adblock the body of all posts and guess what people are saying based on their avatars. Putting everyone on ignore would take hours!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

i have myself on ignore if that's a thing i can do

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Phlegmish posted:

A few years ago I found out a lot of people my age have no idea who the Specials are, I was all what the gently caress

It's me I'm the guy spamming every YouTube music video with 'now this is real music not like what they play today!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

i wish google didnt put an upper limit on youtube notifications, it was a lot of fun to scroll back and answer a thing from 4 years ago

but yea the specials are special

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shifty Nipples posted:

you can actually do it by hacking the html submit request but due to radium code it'll actually crash the forums, so please don't

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I thought that the time the forums crashed because of it was because someone really did have thousands of people on ignore.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea it was the cupons mod who ignored everyone who didnt have a coupon

turned out the limit was like 10k or somethnig

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Shifty Nipples posted:

I’m just ignoring the forums entirely

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah, a lot of people are stupid as hell.

loving Maddox has that whole screed about the Last Samurai and it's dumb because the Japanese word isn't singular.

The Last Samurai = The Last (Generation of) Samurai

That movie was really good historical fiction, set in a time and place that Western audiences haven't seen often.

TBF it was weird when he started banging the wife of the guy he killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

christmas boots posted:

TBF it was weird when he started banging the wife of the guy he killed.

Is this that cultural appropriation I've been hearing so much about?