Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath one 75mm Supremacist from Nexus by D-Verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

January's gallery is up, go check our pics are there! https://imgur.com/a/unYnXIb

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath one 75mm Supremacist from Nexus by D-Verse

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 3 Ork aspiring Kommandos for February.

Working on turning AoBR boyz into various other mobs, going to figure out what it takes to make some into kommandos. I figure some backpacks, grenades, and slugga mods may be enough.

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for February one Tech-Priest Manipulus from Games Workshop. I intended to also oath 5 Electro-priests along with this guy, but jumped the gun and started painting them before I snapped a picture :(

Approved!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming February - A pattern for success for the checkers on the Space Marine and Rescue Ranger on the Locust.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for February:

One Locust (for Rescue Ranger), 28mm, Corvus Belli and one Space Marine, 28mm, GW.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:December judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Cat Face Joe

Nice purple and dark skin. The model is pretty cool on it's own.

Duct Tape posted:

:catdrugs: December Judgement :catdrugs:
Bonus (1pts): Cat Face Joe

The blending on the hair and weapon immediately stood out to me, and are absolutely worth a bonus point! Very, very nice!

hell yeah thanks!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Dancer for February!

Wizkids mini, sorry pic is a bit dark:

including A pattern for success for the dress pattern...

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for February one Tech-Priest Manipulus from Games Workshop. I intended to also oath 5 Electro-priests along with this guy, but jumped the gun and started painting them before I snapped a picture :(

Oath Complete! Also upgraded my photography setup with a fancy black background.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming: Pattern for Success for the checkers on the pants

my second ever 75mm. DIdn't get quite the color variance I wanted but I restarted the skin twice so you gotta say it's good enough to be done sometime.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Really not feeling it towards the end of the month - don't think large vehicles are what I'm particularly happy painting.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
February Oath Complete!

1 Dancer

Claiming A pattern for success for the dress pattern...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

I had a lot of crap happen this month so I didn't put the time into these guys I had hoped, but they're done:

I am claiming the monthly their (admittedly garish) camouflage patterning!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For a pattern for success there's hazard stripes on the bulkhead door.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, February is over, onwards to:

quote:

March - Time to Shine
Your model should feature really shiny. This could be a meticulously polished suit of armour, an all-seeing crystal ball, or a handful of magical gemstones or coins. You could use some gloss varnish or an NMM technique to make it stand out.

I will try get caught up on the thread soon, I've had a busy couple of weeks...

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for March...

Loki, Hela, Vision and Valkyrie, for MCP from AMG.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for March:

Swiss Guard Missile Launcher, 28mm, Corvus Belli and one treasure pile, Reaper.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath the following for March:

1 Blood Angels Captain in 28mm by Citadel Miniatures.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, Oath the following for March:
8 hex gunmen from Wild West Exodus

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel oath for March, One Diplomatic Delegate and one Hatail SpecOps, both from Infinity

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath Inquisitor Greyfax for March

Edit: 28mm GW miniature for Warhammer 40k

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath this Sci-Fi Erza from Kingdom Death

... also drat Zark take care of yourself, we appreciate you doin this enough for us don't stress it. :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March, these six back up agents for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Dancer for February!

Wizkids mini, sorry pic is a bit dark:

including A pattern for success for the dress pattern...

Approved (Feb)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath Inquisitor Greyfax for March

Edit: 28mm GW miniature for Warhammer 40k

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath this Sci-Fi Erza from Kingdom Death

... also drat Zark take care of yourself, we appreciate you doin this enough for us don't stress it. :)

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March, these six back up agents for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic.

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel oath for March, One Diplomatic Delegate and one Hatail SpecOps, both from Infinity

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, Oath the following for March:
8 hex gunmen from Wild West Exodus

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath the following for March:

1 Blood Angels Captain in 28mm by Citadel Miniatures.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for March...

Loki, Hela, Vision and Valkyrie, for MCP from AMG.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for March:

Swiss Guard Missile Launcher, 28mm, Corvus Belli and one treasure pile, Reaper.

Approved (March)

The spreadsheet should now be up to date so go check it! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuMunESXXQIzRSQ6ZNeY2ljrNLwtbeKiNemdg8UHDHw/edit#gid=28

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I'm missing the February points for username and monthly challenge.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming February - A pattern for success for the checkers on the Space Marine and Rescue Ranger on the Locust.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for March one Tech-Priest Enginseer, ten Skitarii, one Terrax-Pattern Termite Assault Drill, and one Skaven Clanrat. All from GW.
Oathing tons this month cause I feel productive! Everything primed black and built using subassembles, so it's hard to pick out, but it's all there. Each larger piece of cork is one model.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:January judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: LazyAngel

I like the elf's cape, and his desaturated paintjob. On the balloon dwarves, I like the yellow tones. It's makes the faces pop, especially in combination with the bright blue eyes.

Second place, 2 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

This is a lovely team! I love the reds, the different skintones, and that they look like they look like a real sportsteam.

First place, 3 points: Brock Samsonite

This is also a lovely team! I love that they are painted very differently, but are tied together by the blue. That rat-ball is too cute.

Bonus, 1 point: Cat Face Joe

You get the bonus point for all your WIP pictures and paintguide. The model and paintjob is also pretty cool!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

I'm missing the February points for username and monthly challenge.

OK, fixed!

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for March 2020:

3 Stormcast from Shadespire, 28mm from GW

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For March I, Galaspar, oath eleven mercenaries for Mordheim

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition! Two Kiel-Saan "Covert" Assault Units from Infinity

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: January Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Grizzled Patriarch

Your WIP shots were very instructive on this guy, and the end results are splendid. Beyond the details of the armor and horns, the flesh is very well blended and the metal pops nicely with the verdigris. It's satyriffic! (...sorry.)

Second Place, 2 points:  Duct Tape

That armor blending is incredible, the freehand is solid, and the WIP shots were nicely informative. (Thanks for the link to Goonhammer as well; that site's becoming a real treasure trove of tips and techniques.)

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

The whole batch turned out amazingly well, with very subtle blending on everyone. The WIP's of the dwarves were especially helpful for anyone aspiring to paint them up as nicely. (Apparently whatever devil-sorcery you used on the elf-guy is a closely guarded secret.)

Bonus Point:  KingMob

I'm really enjoying these Marvel figures, and the newsstand is super well done. The skin tones on Killmonger are outstandingly subtle.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

The whole batch turned out amazingly well, with very subtle blending on everyone. The WIP's of the dwarves were especially helpful for anyone aspiring to paint them up as nicely. (Apparently whatever devil-sorcery you used on the elf-guy is a closely guarded secret.)

Thanks! And really the secret to both is large amounts of AP Purple Tone - I mixed it into the washes for the green armour on the dwarves and 90% of the elf; helps stop the colours getting a bit drab.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Didn't realise I'd be this far behind in judging again, apologies.

November Judgement

3rd Place (1 Point): Galaspar

Good little kitbash, effective and the dude in the middle looks like he means business.

2nd Place (2 Points): KingMob

I always appreciate someone who can put out a full squad in a month, and the scheme here is fantastic.

1st Place (3 Points): Brock Samsonite

Really great tones here and the mismatched socks are a neat little detail, stand out paintjob of the month for me.

Bonus Point: gameraMan

Little details and scatter terrain can really add to a game, love the details here.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

December Judgement

3rd Place (1 Point): KingMob

If not for last month this would have placed higher, the colour and style fit the comic-book designs perfectly, and that smoke/air effect is fantastic.

2nd Place (2 Points): LazyAngel

Lovely texture and detail on the tree itself, and it works well against the muted tones of the base itself.

1st Place (3 Points): Grizzled Patriach

Fantastic depth and texture on the fur, with good weathering throughout and a refined colour palette, an easy favourite this month! The eyes are a standout detail though.

Bonus Point: Ashcans

Some nice patterning on those wings, and a good selection of colours overall.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint the following:

1 squad of clones (minus the Z6) for Star Wars: Legion, by FFG.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian do hereby oath to paint the following:

24 Arquebusiers of the Holy Roman Empire in 15mm by Wargamer for By Fire and Sword. Also I need to finish up on the oath from last month now that I think about it.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

This is Gold Squad, and I’d like to claim Time to Shine for their left shoulder pads. They’ll join my Red, Green, and Grey squads in dying horribly in my games of Legion :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Challenge is the super shiny armour!

Also claiming A recipe for success:

The armour is coloured with Molotow Liquid Chrome. This was applied liberally with the pen (I don't have space for an airbrush!). Once dried thoroughly (left it overnight to be safe) it was given a wash of Gloss Nuln Oil, and then any patchy parts and edges re highlighted with the pen.

The rest of the models are painted with my regular base, wash, highlight pattern, largely Army Painter and P3.