Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

ok heres mine

and me

666 buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Barudak posted:

I'm not sure when its realistically safe to drop the actual details (or my opinions on it since I played it) since I didn't technically sign an NDA but its a super small world and its not like anybody involved is going bankrupt anytime soon since their other projects all make them rich as hell, so it wouldn't be hard to figure out at least where leaks might be coming from and spend the money to do so.

What if you wore a fake mustache while you posted them?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sharrrk posted:

ok heres mine

and me

i had to get both looks in but i put them the wrong way around, right is my first look and left is later when i went sicko mode

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

100 degrees Calcium posted:

SuMo is probably the last good Pokémon game.

I mean, it was only one game ago so it feels weird to phrase it that way

USUM is basically just like the goty editions other franchises do, not really a new game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sharrrk posted:

sun and moon sucked cuz the clothing options were trash compared to xy. sword and shield got it right though

this is true yes

100 degrees Calcium posted:

SuMo is probably the last good Pokémon game.

swoshi is really good and better than sumo sorry

edit: also i dont like dlc but its infinitely better than third game/second set so, progress i guess

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

Man, I hope SMTV is good, or that it comes out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sword and Shield was fun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

ff14 added a new /bread emote where you pull out a roll of bread and intensely munch on it for awhile, and im obsessed with it

Lalafell /bread is adorable. Everyone else, eh

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

666 buddies

its the number of the best

Stux posted:

i had to get both looks in but i put them the wrong way around, right is my first look and left is later when i went sicko mode

nice. i had a bunch of different outfits i made as i went through the game so i wont post them all. i really wish you could save outfits, xy had that so i dont know why they took that out

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

at least they let you use the cool hair colors quickly instead of locking them behind the post game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also i always make it a rule to wear a hat. i don't trust pokemon trainers who don't wear hats

vmv2020
Feb 28, 2020
Haven't even beaten DOOM yet and have 4 days left of my gamepass, but super hype for DOOM Eternal just through this playthrough.

Wish I played this game sooner... My young violent self really enjoyed DOOM on the 64 a little too much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wait, bread emote doesn't loop?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqZqzI7Bixc
I would have used it if it did, I guess I'm sticking with the Yol Dance as my default waiting-for-boss emote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STiBSOLY1xs

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Looper posted:

it's honestly really funny that the post game has more story than the main game. but the wild area owns and the new mons are great so I'll allow it

SwSh has some great new pokemon, but also a bunch that I feel are pretty half-baked. This is notable because it is coming off the heels of SuMo, which in my opinion had the highest rate of excellent new pokemon of any generation. The only one I can think of that I didn’t at least really like was that lame werewolf one, which of course was one of the most heavily promoted ones because Gamefreak is weirdly obsessed with discovering Lucario 2.

While design goodness is of course very subjective and nobody (except me) has The Correct Opinion, one thing that really irks me about Gen VIII that I will argue as being objectively bad is this: It goes REALLY hard on the feminine-looking pokemon are 100% female and masculine-looking pokemon are 100% male thing. I’m not smart enough to articulate why that’s super dumb, but it’s super dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Final Fantasy XI, I got my character to level 50. Half way to the level cap now.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

sumo had a pretty nice plot! i thought the lillie/gladion plot was good b/c it was all about a jerky mom, but i also liked hau and the rest of the cast and stuff :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hahahaha wow, I just beat Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and this ending and the ending credits scroll. Just amazing. Ending spoilers:

Your partner revealing they were Mew the whole time and that now that they've completed their quest, they have to die now, and telling the human to not cry only for the entirety of the credits scroll to be this big orchestral number over a scene of the human crying at the site where the partner pokemon left is just...

Man, that whiplash, lol, I know it'll be fine because I imagine the postgame will let me bring them back but for the time being that's a hell of a way to end your game. "Hey, I found out I have to die now, bye, don't cry" followed by minutes of crying.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hau was ok but he was too much of a niceboy. hes not rival material. people always say hop is just hau again but i liked hop more cuz of how his character develops

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sumo's got the best plot, best villain team, best team leader, best prof, best gyms, dare i say best champion? the only thing i don't like about it is how a some of the cool new pokemon are a little too well hidden. but being able to catch a baby salamence super early is cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just ate a hunk of bread (I am all about full loaves now as opposed to sliced-bagged) and I self-consciously realized I probably was doing the same thing as the FF14 emote

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah sumo did hide some of its cool new mons a bit too well

on the other hand primarina is a top three pokemon and it's a starter, so I'm gonna call that a wash

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1238718543165829120

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just ate a hunk of bread (I am all about full loaves now as opposed to sliced-bagged) and I self-consciously realized I probably was doing the same thing as the FF14 emote
that's the bleeding effect

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

oddium posted:

what's been the greatest loss in gaming. for me it's the loss of japanese/mario party toad voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlNvm_3Pmc

Poetically, this video is also encapsulates the full range of emotions from first hearing this Toad voice all the way until knowing it will never be back again.

homeless snail posted:

the american blood association doesn't like my poison blood so i have no interest in promulgating their discriminatory blood ranking system

i love this joke, it make me laughing irl

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 14, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i watched supergreatfriend's full LP of Omikron and felt i could mark the game as beaten because he explored just about all the content and i don't want to touch it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is Final Fantasy XIV naturally ugly or does it just require a powerful pc to make it look decent?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SuMo had by FAR the best anime series so it wins. best new characters, best versions of old characters like team rocket, best story moments, best character arcs, best everything

i tried watching the swsh anime and it was such a huge step backwards it was mind boggling. literally just a bullet point advertisement for pokemon go and swsh games with no personality or character.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Is Final Fantasy XIV naturally ugly or does it just require a powerful pc to make it look decent?

FF14 is built on a decade-old engine that until a few years ago had to run on PS3, I think it looks good enough, considering. It's good enough for people to do well in photo mode, at least

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

SuMo had by FAR the best anime series so it wins. best new characters, best versions of old characters like team rocket, best story moments, best character arcs, best everything

i tried watching the swsh anime and it was such a huge step backwards it was mind boggling. literally just a bullet point advertisement for pokemon go and swsh games with no personality or character.

As somebody annoyed by Pikachu's mascot shenanigans in the anime, Sun/Moon was completely unbearable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tattoo appointment booked :ninja:
Very happy with my artist, and looking forward to showing it off.

Now we just have to hope Sydney doesn't get locked down due to Coronavirus..

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

As somebody annoyed by Pikachu's mascot shenanigans in the anime, Sun/Moon was completely unbearable.

on one hand yes it's not unreasonable to expect a certain level of quality out of a production but on the other if you hate pikachu you probably shouldnt watch the anime

i hate pikachu so much im going to be reincarnated as a mimikyu

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

big raichu fan here

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

on one hand yes it's not unreasonable to expect a certain level of quality out of a production but on the other if you hate pikachu you probably shouldnt watch the anime

i hate pikachu so much im going to be reincarnated as a mimikyu

I could deal with Pikachu but the Sun/Moon anime has like six different mascot Pokemon all doing the same shtick.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1238486381338300417?s=20

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I got a sale copy of labyrinth of refrain and the dungeon crawling is okay, forming the party and the way the pacts work is neat but it seems like a mistake to make the actual character classes dull stat blocks. I'm mildly interested in the plot but Droyna sucks and I'm already tired of seeing her abuse a child, plus there's all the horny

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

ff14 added a new /bread emote where you pull out a roll of bread and intensely munch on it for awhile, and im obsessed with it

I unlocked the squats/push ups/sit ups emotes a couple of days ago and have been using them a lot

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Do you remember how many breads you've eaten?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have nearly finished project warlock. Two ms left. E5m4 and e5m5 :o
This game was not even on my list!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oh I love the pink super mod icon. That's very stylish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what should I play while I wait for the Trails from Zero fan translation patch to release